A new beginning

wilsontantw

Managed to take a live pic of the male when it came out to feed, pic taken with mobile not so clear hehe but can see the incredible colors on it. Cant beliv the price so cheap!

Wa.... nice! very striking colours on the forehead!

Now my head everyday planning about the shifting and rescaping... headache sia...

really should not have bought all the sun corals... very headache ah...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

The Suncorals shouldnt get stressed much dont worry, just put them in a corner of water away from harm they'll do fine. Its the fishes that would be stressed more so make sure you catch them out gently. Use cooking strainer to catch them out like some LFS shops do.

The Suncorals shouldnt get stressed much dont worry, just put them in a corner of water away from harm they'll do fine. Its the fishes that would be stressed more so make sure you catch them out gently. Use cooking strainer to catch them out like some LFS shops do.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed with this upcoming shifting sia.

Honestly, i'm mentally ready for some casulties, just hopefully not my YT or BT. Both are my favourites.

Just hoping for the best!

More importantly, the water cannot be contaminated... borrowed one huge barrel from T95, not sure if should use it, coz got some (plastic) smell... even after i wash it repeated (not with soap of coz).

Am thinking of lining it with some trash bags, hopefully it'll be okie.

One of the fellow reefer will be giving me a hand in the afternoon... so should be quite fast.

Morning will be dedicated to transport things out. Break for lunch, then shift tank + rescape.

Hopefully can complete everything by 9pm at night.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Finally another new chapter in this new beginning...

After all that jazz of planning, worrying, thinking, complaining... and what nots... i finally got down to shifting my tank to the new location.

Firstly, like to thank 3 persons for this...

1) Franklin, you're the man! thanks for helping me from 10pm till 5 in the morning! I owe you big time!

2) Soul and Shootsimon, for giving me tips during the shifting...

3) All other bros out here who gave me the $0.02 during the planning... (i'm so glad my tank is only 2.5'x2'x2', i believe if it's any bigger, a mover will be required to shift to the new position).

Here's a recap...

The previous Tank Location... not here, not there lah... and lots mess, look at all the cables...

This location is not eactly in the middle of house, nor at the corner, was placed there previuosly as i wanted some space to 'work' on the tank.

On hind sight, it is sticking out like a sore thumb.

post-13920-1207500630.jpg

After 2-3 weeks of planning, i managed to get down to do it!

New Location

post-13920-1207500965.jpg

post-13920-1207500892.jpg

Now much better, in the middle of the centre wall... between the main entrance and kitchen.

I can even see it from my Entertainment room.

Here's a Before AND After (Still not too rusty with my photoshop huh).

post-13920-1207500900.jpg

As there were only 2 of us during the shifting, we were both too 'exhausted' to even think of taking any 'shifting pix', but just trust me, it's very advisable to put some form of 'rubber' buttons at all 4 corners of your cabinet... it'll come in handy... (one of these days).

Took quite a lof of pictures, especially the new scape which im totally in love with it! Also, added some new corals + fish...

Will update more tomorrow... am kinda stoned tonight liao...

Stay tune...

Feel free to reply with your comments...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

*claps excitedly* .... smart move on removing doors while shifting.

Theres one problem i spotted, i dont advice sitting your CR on top of the supposed 'chiller cover' covering your CO2 cylinder though, the CR is gonna get heavy once media added n when the CO2 needs to be sent out for topping up u gonna curse and swear. Plus theres lots of fine tuning involved in a CR in the first 2 weeks to get it to work right. U need easy access to the CO2 connections linked to the CR. Other than that i feel u need to neaten up the wiring a little, either use cabletie or cable trays.

Looks like a much better spot compared to the old one. Great job! ^_^

Xing ku le!

thanks bro.

it was really a backbreaking effort. Though nothing much compared to the mega tanks of SRC's, i'm pretty proud of my small little achievement. hahaha...

Seriously speaking, with this new rescape, and changing of some LRs, i've now got a lot more space for stocking...

And upon suggestions of some bros here, i've decided to let go of some corals...

do check out the pasar malam for sale thread.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Some things that swim in this 2.5x2x2 mini reef.

Didn't managed to catch the ruby head fairy wrasse lah! Shy fish, always hide when i whip out my N95.

post-13920-1207589396.jpg

post-13920-1207589382.jpg

post-13920-1207589360.jpg

post-13920-1207589406.jpg

Must try to find a way to shoot fish, do you guys say "1-2-3" to the fish while shooting them?? Mine doesn't seemed to stay still leh!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Just for the heck of it... summarising the growth/progress of my tank from the day i re-started in late Jan 08 till now.

FTS: 080202 - aka The Volcano

post-13920-1207589838.jpg

FTS: 080316 - aka The Arena

post-13920-1207589699.jpg

FTS: 080407 - aka Err... running out of names liao. This one no concept. Just want to create more caves and bridges... So let's call it...

The Bridges!

post-13920-1207589710.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Looking good! I kinda prefer the "Arena" though... but I guess the last scaping allows you to place more corals?

I'm also not good at taking photos of fishes. They just swim so fast! If anyone has a technique, pls share with us. :bow:

I hope its not like range for moving targets... I'm a fish bobo shooter... :P

• SRC Member

• SRC Member

lolx.. yes is a cynarina..

I'm sure tat ur cynarina havent open fully..

take a pic when its fully open.. ^^

ur tank is much more better than I have man..

keep it up ^^

seen yu have a CR fire it up..

maybe yu wan to add denitrator.. control ur nitrate and add SPS :P

Bro, unfortunately tis is a CYNARINA. :pinch:

OH TMD! Errr... can advice me what's an average price of a Cynarina that i've got? I really hope i wasn't 'con' or 'chop carrot'... (PM will do).

Sigh, nevermind, still quite nice colour lah...

<Peacemaker>

Actually, yes, when we look at the photos, the arena looks good, however, if you view the tank itself, this one looks better.

Arena doesn't allow the fish to swim inbetween rocks. this one allows a good see-thru, swim-thru for the fish.

And yes, you're right, it does allow more corals to be placed on the LRs.

But truth be told... i'm already planning another rescape soon... hehe.

<SonicFrank>

I'm also trying to fire up the CR... but no time to figure out how to do it... will try for next 2 weeks.

Btw, i'm already trying one SPS frag... hehe... see if you can spot it.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|