A new beginning

wilsontantw

lolx.. yes is a cynarina..

I'm sure tat ur cynarina havent open fully..

take a pic when its fully open.. ^^

ur tank is much more better than I have man..

keep it up ^^

seen yu have a CR fire it up..

maybe yu wan to add denitrator.. control ur nitrate and add SPS :P

Hi Sonic, pls dun say that... my tank is just very basic. As you can see, i have a CR, but unused... haha... no denitrator.

Just relying on a really powerful skimmer.

Besides that, approx. fortnightly 10% water change. (If i can, i try to do it weekly).

Instead of denitrator, i'm planning to have a mini mangrove tree or even some chaeto, but am thinking of finding out more before i proceed further.

Eh, i tried hunting for your tank pix... can't find leh... share with me? I wanna get some tips on scaping... trying to see how i can keep sps and yet, maintain some basic LPS + softies.

:)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

ofcoz yu cant find any of my tank pic.. coz I nv post any..:P

hmm.. tips on scaping la.. no lor.. diff pple diff view..

yu might love it but the others dun..

but there is something I can share.. use big rock..

juz a few big rock make ur tank simple and nice..

Nice Tank, I think you have space to add in more rocks.Actually a compliated tank with lots of rock combined with corals will be very nice , the fishes will find their way to swim thru those rocks.That what i feel. For my 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft, i put in more than 30kg of rocks.

James

Nice Tank, I think you have space to add in more rocks.Actually a compliated tank with lots of rock combined with corals will be very nice , the fishes will find their way to swim thru those rocks.That what i feel. For my 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft, i put in more than 30kg of rocks.

James

Actually my YT is like super fat... if u see it, u'll feel that the poor guy is finding it tough to find good swimming space in my tank.

Thus, i'm trying to reduce the LR to create more swimming space...

I'll be creating one more bridge on the RHS to prepare for SPS and create more 'layers'. This should create a more 3D feel to the tank.

Like to share some N95-ed shots, dun think it can show the depth of feel much... (LHS, RHS, and FTS)...

The Left Side:

post-13920-1207764154.jpg

LHS

The Right Side:

post-13920-1207764166.jpg

RHS

The Front:

post-13920-1207764178.jpg

FTS: 080409

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Brain put so high later bleach then u know, mine put below somemore on leftside of tank also bleach liao from MH. gotta stop fidgetting with the scaping bro, let ur tank mature if u intend to keep sps. Keep ur calcium lvl about 500, coralin must grow more else PH/KH not stable non hardy type of sps wont make it. Btw go see the G.O. forthcoming special sps shipment photos.... sibei laonua see liao!

bro no offence may i knw which LFS u buy from told u tht is a prata..

bro kueytoc told u is a cynarina but its definately not..

cynarina have bubbly flesh... its skeleton r nt so spiky..

this is jsut a round shape lobo... lobo comes in many shapes n sizes...

another thing cynarina dun have red n green.....

sorrie abt e species ID... but in my opinion if u dose iodine regularly e colour will nt fail u..

this lobo species is best keep at low flow area.. n it is sensitive to dosing of KH n calcium any over dose c for its receeding flesh

jsut top up more freshwater n check on salinty level will do,dun tink u will always overdose rite ? :pirate:

bro no offence may i knw which LFS u buy from told u tht is a prata..

bro kueytoc told u is a cynarina but its definately not..

cynarina have bubbly flesh... its skeleton r nt so spiky..

this is jsut a round shape lobo... lobo comes in many shapes n sizes...

another thing cynarina dun have red n green.....

sorrie abt e species ID... but in my opinion if u dose iodine regularly e colour will nt fail u..

this lobo species is best keep at low flow area.. n it is sensitive to dosing of KH n calcium any over dose c for its receeding flesh

jsut top up more freshwater n check on salinty level will do,dun tink u will always overdose rite ? :pirate:

Wa... very painful when i read your post... but really appreciate your honest ID. Better to know the truth than look stupig when i tell ppl prata/cyna.... right?

Yes, i dose iodide/trace/etc... regularly, but always below the recommended dosage+frequency. For KH and calcium, i've yet to fire up my CR, thus still doing my weekly calcium dose. Wish i had read up more before i buy! Nevermind lah... pay to learn a lesson.

Dun think i'll post the LFS shop, i always go there, and usually no problems... when i bought it, the boss was not around... while i was quite certain it's not a prata, the guy manning the shop said it is, and quote me (somewhere near 2bluenotes).

Much as i feel like a carrot, i somehow feel it's not a lobo. The lobo that i know of, does not have spikey skeletons... But yah, like you said, it comes in different shape and sizes... maybe i shall try to post in the ID thread.. see if i can get more positive ID.

Thanks dude!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Lobo or prata or cyonara(kiddin) it doesnt matter bro ... as long as u like it u can call it whatever u want just my opinion.

Bro,

It's very painful to know that i paid like so much for a lobo! But then again, u'r right... happy can liao! Coz the colours are really nice.

<sunny> quite sad to know, but it's okie lah... too bad... maybe i'll go back to the LFS and be a little thickskin and 'check' with the boss...

Sunny ah... if you ever drop by town/east side/or even anywhere near to redhill, can bring along the K2? From what i see now, my tank needs a lot more circulation... just dunno if i should get a controllable type...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

depends what type of SPS u intend to keep lor, most species prefer pulselike water current but i have seen many reefers succeeding with non-controllable units. Guess its just a matter of placement. If u do get a controllable unit i would only recomend the Tunze 6055 or 6000, any other models would be over strong for ur tank height ... lots of sandstorm.

Heres the unique scaping i told u about bro from a reefer at RC. Its a 36 by 36 cube tank btw.

That is one unique rockscaping. :bow:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

Today, is the day i totally colour up my tank!

Too tired to add commentary, totally burnt out after placing in all the new purchases piece by piece... and along the way, accidently overturn a pail of salt-water (with lotsa mushies inside)...

post-13920-1207936148.jpg

no prizes for guessing wat are the new stuff.... really got alot of good stuff today!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Today, is the day i totally colour up my tank!

Too tired to add commentary, totally burnt out after placing in all the new purchases piece by piece... and along the way, accidently overturn a pail of salt-water (with lotsa mushies inside)...

post-13920-1207936148.jpg

no prizes for guessing wat are the new stuff.... really got alot of good stuff today!

Full house already :eyebrow:

Full house already :eyebrow:

hehe... too full too soon... i've got something in mind... so am planning to let go some more stuff.

Hopefully the person who 'reserved' the yuma rock will come collect tomorrow.

Think i'll slow down my stocking for the time-being. Still have some space on the left hand side of the tank, but can only fit selected corals.

Main duty now is to ensure that the monti will grow. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

whoa bro.. still not zz yet... 2am.. ahhah :> this is reefing hazard.. will collect yuma tomorrow .. (yes its me!!! hahhaha) so that you can carried out your plans... keep it coming dude.

whoa bro.. still not zz yet... 2am.. ahhah :> this is reefing hazard.. will collect yuma tomorrow .. (yes its me!!! hahhaha) so that you can carried out your plans... keep it coming dude.

wah... i must say, i was just this close to calling you at 2am sia! hahaha...

anyway, not sure if u got my sms, but guess you must be busy, thus thought i'll wait till tomorrow.

but hor, my in-laws and family are dropping by my place in the afternoon... so, try to come ard noon time okie? I'm okie, but in case later you come and collect, there're many pairs of eyes looking at you ah. (I'm perfectly okie, if you're okie)

Btw, i've aborted my frag plan liao... so if u'r still keen, u can take the other 2 which i've reserved for you.

Try not to come before 11am hor.. i'll be zonked out.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

scaping now looks a little weird to me, guess its cos u've run out of space plus tiredness but i think it would be nice if the 'red monti rock' was moved to the left mid level or mid middle, the cup coral is also droopingly placed (guess cos u were super tired) but do adjust it to get some light or it'll start to STN as its considered an sps species.

Once u finallized ur main scaping dont touch liao bro, let the corals settle down n for ur tank to mature.

scaping now looks a little weird to me, guess its cos u've run out of space plus tiredness but i think it would be nice if the 'red monti rock' was moved to the left mid level or mid middle, the cup coral is also droopingly placed (guess cos u were super tired) but do adjust it to get some light or it'll start to STN as its considered an sps species.

Once u finallized ur main scaping dont touch liao bro, let the corals settle down n for ur tank to mature.

Wa... a little scary reading this... coz what you suggested, was exactly what i was thinking lah!

But the problem is, in order to shift to the mid middle (which is the best looking position), i have to do major rescaping. So i'll just leave it as it is...

The cup, is temporary there only. Am putting it on sale liao. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

After 3rd major shifting of scaping in 2 weeks... (my lower back is almost broken into 2).

Finally, i got the scape and placement that is 90% there. (10% for the fact that some 'caves' have been removed in order to stack on the new purchase.)

I promised myself, this is the last time (this month) that i'm going to do any major scaping.

So here forth, like to share the fruits of my labour (literally!)...

First up... some of the new contents of the tank, bought over the weekend.

post-13920-1208099194.jpg

A 4" bright lime green mushy

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|