A new beginning

wilsontantw

Hi Gary, this is still a trial.. i previously tried on my main tank, but it didnt work too well, coz currents too strong near the back wall.

seems like the holding tank is 'holding' up well... for sure zoas will be ok, coz those in main tank are growing already. But SPS, hmm... still need to observe.

I see, do keep us updated, i think a lot of reefer will be interest to know the outcome, if it success means can have more room to place the SPS. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Bro, Think I itchy back-side.

Got 2 algae blennies, 2 mandarins, 2 pcs of LR and "Ferragamo" angels.

Ah, and a sea hare too!

Sounds crazy hor...

That's perfectly ok bro, really.

You really need a shopping therapy to cheer you up ! Will call you :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

congrats on your new addition to your family! :D

would love to drop your place again to see your tank :) i bet there're alot more gems now in there than before :heh:

Thanks Darren...

Let me know when u wanna pop by. Morning should be ok or ard 9+?

gimme a SMS to arrange?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Ah, and a sea hare too!

Sounds crazy hor...

Wil,I am reducing fish for sps sake and you are at the reverse. :eyeblur: For example, I think 1 algae benny and 1 mandarin should be enough. Algae benny can grow really big. See the big dragon in Ced's tank? But then, you have Sps fingers and your sps colors are amazing !

I removed 1 big purple tang, 1 Bellus angel, 1 large banana wrasse and 1 butterfly. I am cutting feeding from 2 cube to 1 cube mysis per day. All these drastic measures are carried out because I want to challenge yours and Ced'S sps colours. I need to reduce the bio load.

For me,no more big fishes. Only small and colourful ones.

So you can givingb me a head start. Thanks,buddy :rolleyes:

rgds,

Ah, and a sea hare too!

Sounds crazy hor...

Hmmm what is "Ferragamo" angels? :blink: got any picture? ;)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

Actually you are right mike.

1 algae blenny is enough. Sigh dunno what made me buy 2, and worse still threw both into the main tank!

Mandarin, I put 1 in each tank. So not that bad..

As for the centropyge ferrugatus (aka ferragamo), it went into the main tank after 30mins of acclimatization. Let's hope it does well.

Btw may sound like a lot, but I only have these fish in my tank..

1 YT, 1 dottyback, 1 purple fire-fish

2 true perc, 2 yellow wrasse

*new (today)

Dragon (algae blenny x 2), rusty angel and mandarin

Oh. Did I mention that I feed only once a week (strictly pellets). Even then, I have bad algae problem.

More importantly, thanks for the "goodie". Collected it last night. :)

It's a great size for me.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

I'm surfing via iPhone, can't upload pix. (or I dunno how to)...

But can share this vid (taken when I got home from LFS).

a rusty angelfish? very perculiar and interesting choice of fish.

this dwarf angel is very seldom kept in captivity. and i'm not sure why too. some specimens can look quite nice. especially if they're pretty orange.

• Senior Reefer

Maybe not reefsafe?? *oh no*

I did some quick google-Fu, seems similar characteristics as flame.. So am keeping my fingers crossed.

very closely related to flame angel.

thats why can produce the super coveted and sought after hybrid called the rusty flame hybrid.

digiman and i are looking high and low for this fish and pulling as many strings as we can just to bring it in. our LFS dont carry it in philippine shipments so no choice. we have to be proactive.

for more information and about a hundred more photos you can find them in the hybrid thread.

ok sorry to off topic. enjoy ur rusty angel.

post-15755-0-01414900-1295262976_thumb.j

Actually you are right mike.

1 algae blenny is enough. Sigh dunno what made me buy 2, and worse still threw both into the main tank!

Mandarin, I put 1 in each tank. So not that bad..

As for the centropyge ferrugatus (aka ferragamo), it went into the main tank after 30mins of acclimatization. Let's hope it does well.

Btw may sound like a lot, but I only have these fish in my tank..

1 YT, 1 dottyback, 1 purple fire-fish

2 true perc, 2 yellow wrasse

*new (today)

Dragon (algae blenny x 2), rusty angel and mandarin

Oh. Did I mention that I feed only once a week (strictly pellets). Even then, I have bad algae problem.

More importantly, thanks for the "goodie". Collected it last night. :)

It's a great size for me.

wil,fish grow fast and hence they need more food. Mandarin is lovely fish with great character but they need pods. Difficult to have ennough pods for them. Feed them with mysis and henry's food ? You need to flood the tank, for they are too slow.Sps not too happy about it.

1 small yellow wrasse should be enough.2, they become indjun chiefs, looking for trouble. Schizophrenic fish.

But i guess you are very much in control by feeding once a week. I should try it. Think of it, this must be the reason why my sps did not colour up.

More goodies will be on the way. My sps just grow and grow only lacking colour. You are welcome to them. I will keep a nice one for both your boy and the girl.

cheers.

cheers

• SRC Member

ahh rusty angel. i went to search Ferragamo angel on google image and i couldn't find a single fish picture :lol:

in my experience its one of the more hardy angels but will get a larger size compared to other dwarfs. seems to be as reefsafe as other dwarf angels so probably a hit or miss thing. mine didn't touch my corals during the time it was with me before it got too big for comfort :blink:

I'm surfing via iPhone, can't upload pix. (or I dunno how to)...

But can share this vid (taken when I got home from LFS).

Ya, Centropyge ferrugata (Rusty Angelfish).. Some actually come with whole body poker dot.. looks like leopard.. Anyway, nice pick... :thumbsup:

Rusty_20105.jpg

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

lol i seach google for "Ferragamo" angels, dun have, haha so it is a rusty angel. It is quite orange and active, nice catch :cheers:

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

Hehe. The scientific name hard to spell and even harder to pronounce.

But it looks like ferragamo. So yah.

Last night did visual observation, Lime green Millie not extending fully..

Did the kh test (didnt test ca and mg though) and true enough, bloody Kh dropped like crazy (below 6)!!!

Dunno what's the reason yet cos dosing pump is working. Though I noticed that the outlet tubing has some white precipitate. Cleared it immediately and boosted some kh dose slowly.

Keeping fingers crossed.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|