A new beginning

wilsontantw

Hi bro wilsontantw, happy to see tht your tank is setup. Your blue tang hve been staying very well in my tank. Hve the below coral to give it to u as a token for your successful tank setup.

wah... you're too kind my friend...

Am just very very glad that the blue tang is happy where he is now... Coz i'm sure he will not be happy in my tank.

Any pic of it in your tank?? grown fatter bo?

Appreciate your very kind gesture... but i think i may have difficulty finding a spot for gonios... coz not much space left for an extending coral with big base.

Thanks bro... think i may have to decline your super kind offer. I'm honoured really. If you have some smaller size corals, i would be happy to accept it. haha.

cheers

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

yes clove polyps are really cute. like flowers....my mom like also. look like flower....all the flowery stuff. buy more so ur wife can let u go LFS more HAHA :eyebrow:

haha... yes lor... gotta buy a few stuff to 'please' her... but i think she prefers i keep the place neat and tidy.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

wah... you're too kinda my friend...

Am just very very glad that the blue tang is happy where he is now... Coz i'm sure he will not be happy in my tank.

Any pic of it in your tank?? grown fatter bo?

Appreciate your very kind gesture... but i think i may have difficulty finding a spot for gonios... coz not much space left for an extending coral with big base.

Thanks bro... think i may have to decline your super kind offer. I'm honoured really. If you have some smaller size corals, i would be happy to accept it. haha.

cheers

Hi bro,

I hve a small zoa, i will take a pic and post it here to show u. If interested can drop by to take in my office. Anyway i just setup a new 3 feet tank in my office.

Hi bro,

I hve a small zoa, i will take a pic and post it here to show u. If interested can drop by to take in my office. Anyway i just setup a new 3 feet tank in my office.

eh bro... i was just kidding about the something smaller thing. Really dun need lah.

Maybe can drop by your office to take a look at the new tank/setup?

Tomorrow night i cannot make it... am arranging for some biz friends to network... how abt tues/wed lah.

7plus a little okie?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

eh bro... i was just kidding about the something smaller thing. Really dun need lah.

Maybe can drop by your office to take a look at the new tank/setup?

Tomorrow night i cannot make it... am arranging for some biz friends to network... how abt tues/wed lah.

7plus a little okie?

Hi bro, tue will be better. Anyway my office is around ubi.

haha... yes lor... gotta buy a few stuff to 'please' her... but i think she prefers i keep the place neat and tidy.

Haha..

My wife always complain that my tank is too messy..

Have to keep explaining to her that 'nature' is hardly ever neat.. it's controlled chaos!

BTW.. she also like my cloves

• Senior Reefer

something is eating my cloves! i occasionally see bits of the tips of the "petals" missing...i think its my moorish idol...but im at home whole day string at my tank and i never see him pecking at it lolx. nvm la damage very subtle. i can close one eye.

Haha..

My wife always complain that my tank is too messy..

Have to keep explaining to her that 'nature' is hardly ever neat.. it's controlled chaos!

BTW.. she also like my cloves

wow... seems like cloves are popular favourites for our better halves.

:)

My wife complains mainly of the mess i create outside the tank. Especially during the rescape when the living room is totally messed up.

Thus, i decided to custom build a cabinet to wrap up the tank and provide more storage. She's more approving ever since.

But chamty bro... you have many many tanks! really admire your ability to control the 'chaos'. haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

something is eating my cloves! i occasionally see bits of the tips of the "petals" missing...i think its my moorish idol...but im at home whole day string at my tank and i never see him pecking at it lolx. nvm la damage very subtle. i can close one eye.

could be your MI... maybe your cloves are providing it the immunity it needs from ich???

but your cloves is very densely packed, so no worries lah, should have enough time to grow faster than what the MI eats? try to feed your MI more often...

This is what i do to ensure that the Flame Angel doesn't peck on my corals (actually i think it's been eyeing on my pocci!!!)

see it circle around it during the day... quite worried sia.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
could be your MI... maybe your cloves are providing it the immunity it needs from ich???

but your cloves is very densely packed, so no worries lah, should have enough time to grow faster than what the MI eats? try to feed your MI more often...

This is what i do to ensure that the Flame Angel doesn't peck on my corals (actually i think it's been eyeing on my pocci!!!)

see it circle around it during the day... quite worried sia.

huh. feed it 5 times a day leh!!!!! pellets 3 times and mysis and henry's food. good thing everything is eaten up...otherwise my tank super polluted. yea i got 2 colonies of cloves all densly packed...so hoping it will spread out the damage =x anyway, clove not expensive la...1-3 red notes can get le. if it eat a prata or something then i will cry. good thing nothing in my tank is over whelmingly expensive..

Bought a piece of LR from GO earlier today... decided to do some minor re-arrangement to create more space.

Couldn't afford to do a complete rescape... so just make do with what i have...

post-13920-1236443993.jpg

Oh... added a T5 pro-color tube as well... seems like it makes a whole lot of difference to the photos!

Also shifted my wavebox to the 'longer' part of the tank. and repositioned the tunzes. seems like it's much better now.

Pix taken 10 mins after rescape... some corals aren't open yet.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Supporter

hey bro, is ur wavebox facing the overflow box now?

if yes i cant maximize its full potential.

flame angel eye ur pocci? wah heartpain decision if it really happen! LOL! pray for u!!

and lastly. new rescape not bad! u still got alot of space!!!!!!!!!!!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

hey bro, is ur wavebox facing the overflow box now?

if yes i cant maximize its full potential.

flame angel eye ur pocci? wah heartpain decision if it really happen! LOL! pray for u!!

and lastly. new rescape not bad! u still got alot of space!!!!!!!!!!!

oh no no... how to say leh...

the overflow is actually at the top where the camera is facing.

which means the wavebox is pushing water along the overflow. this way can hear the swish swosh motion.

yah man! i saw it taking a few bites at the pocci already... damn sian...

the new scape still not as ideal... may do something about it when i can take a few days leave. Will just leave it as it is for now.

My back's killing me.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Nice tank you got there, Wilson. What happened to your cynarina?

Sand so white, how to you keep it that way?

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Nice tank you got there, Wilson. What happened to your cynarina?

Sand so white, how to you keep it that way?

er... i dun have cyna... i have 2 pratas.

cyna belongs to raydiative.

hmm... sand, my sand's not white... i suspect it's due to over-exposure of the photo. haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

up close of the anthellia please (:

hmm... honestly my phone cam cant be used to make decent macro shots.

it'll all come out blur.

prefer my previous N95. That's so much better... samsung phone camera is not suitable for me.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Qn for the mathematically inclined...

Above wave and return flow...

My main tank is 2.5'x2'x2'. (approx 200L)

I was using an AB5000 to return to main tank + T to chiller (fish cooler).

2 x 6025

1 x 6206 nano wavebox

I recently bought an ehiem 1260 yesterday to do a dedicated chiller return. And plucked out my AB5000.

Observations:

Without the AB5000, all my corals seemed to be opening up more (some bigger than before).

And i can see the corals are swaying much more prominently.

Qn: should i pluck in the AB5000? Would that cause too much flow in the main tank?

Worried that pratas, brains, and mushies may not like that.

Please help. (Am think if i should sell my AB5000 too... sigh)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Since you have the equipment, no harm to do a trial run. If you don't like the results, take it out.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer
Qn for the mathematically inclined...

Above wave and return flow...

My main tank is 2.5'x2'x2'. (approx 200L)

I was using an AB5000 to return to main tank + T to chiller (fish cooler).

2 x 6025

1 x 6206 nano wavebox

I recently bought an ehiem 1260 yesterday to do a dedicated chiller return. And plucked out my AB5000.

Observations:

Without the AB5000, all my corals seemed to be opening up more (some bigger than before).

And i can see the corals are swaying much more prominently.

Qn: should i pluck in the AB5000? Would that cause too much flow in the main tank?

Worried that pratas, brains, and mushies may not like that.

Please help. (Am think if i should sell my AB5000 too... sigh)

maths was never my strong subject........... now if this was in chemical terms, perhaps i could help.

hmm lemme try to understand...so, u r using ur AB5000 for ur return + chiller right? so like this the flow is not as strong as if u used the AB5000 for return, and eheim 1260 for chiller? when u observe ur corals swaying more without the AB5000, isit becoz of less flow?

maths was never my strong subject........... now if this was in chemical terms, perhaps i could help.

hmm lemme try to understand...so, u r using ur AB5000 for ur return + chiller right? so like this the flow is not as strong as if u used the AB5000 for return, and eheim 1260 for chiller? when u observe ur corals swaying more without the AB5000, isit becoz of less flow?

Yesterday:

AB5000 = Return to main tank + chiller (also goes back to main tank)

Today

AB5000 = no more

Ehiem1260 = chiller (that also goes back to main tank)

In summary, i'm having a lower return flow.

In the tank, i still have 2x6025 + wavebox which shuts down at night.

I do have the equipment, but setting up requires a little effort. Coz have to rerun some pipe work.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
Yesterday:

AB5000 = Return to main tank + chiller (also goes back to main tank)

Today

AB5000 = no more

Ehiem1260 = chiller (that also goes back to main tank)

In summary, i'm having a lower return flow.

In the tank, i still have 2x6025 + wavebox which shuts down at night.

I do have the equipment, but setting up requires a little effort. Coz have to rerun some pipe work.

i see i see. ok now i understand. but i dunno exactly how to determine the flow of ur equipment...so i guess u have to trail an error =x sorry not much help lol..but ya. ur mushies as long as u dun see them flapping away should be alright bah. they do need some water movement but not to an extent where they flap around. that will only cause them to fly away haha!

play around with ur equipment and have fun! (:

• SRC Member

if the corals all seem to be opening more, i would leave it as it is.... since your tunzes provides quite abit of flow already... save the electricity and just enjoy the corals =)

nice tank btw, would love to see more pics. take w/ a proper camera pls!! =)

Hi Wilson,

Saw the video of your tank just now... looks good! Hope to see it in person soon.

With regards, to your return, if I were you I will sell the AB5000 and get another lower flow pump. Reasons:

1) 2 return pump is better than 1

2) I don't really think that your 1260 is able to push that much water into your main tank after going into your chiller, at most, I estimate it will be around 1200l to 1500l

3) Sudden drop in current will always encourage corals to respond but if your are not getting sufficient water into the sump to be filtered, it may not be good in a long run

Cheers, ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381