A new beginning

wilsontantw

Sepia coloR.Is that when your tank start ?

:P

Happy Chinese New Year

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
ah... flavour of the month (rics)... with an ultra-luminuous green cynarina...

post-13920-1266091158_thumb.jpg

Have you increased your number of rics recently??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Sepia coloR.Is that when your tank start ?

:P

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy CNY too!

just didn't like the placement of some corals... thus, mei lian (no face) to show FTS in proper colour! hahaha...

Let's wait after rescape, will show a decent before and after for comparison sake.

:eyeblur:

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Have you increased your number of rics recently??? :eyebrow:

Bro... i aint no tycoonaut... nope... no inrease in purchase, but i noticed 3 of the rics have either split or on the verge of splitting...

sadly, one rare piece (green with yellow tint) seemed to be receding a little... hopefully it's planning to split and not injured...

btw" ur new rics, do they come with tiny coral chips??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Bro... i aint no tycoonaut... nope... no inrease in purchase, but i noticed 3 of the rics have either split or on the verge of splitting...

sadly, one rare piece (green with yellow tint) seemed to be receding a little... hopefully it's planning to split and not injured...

btw" ur new rics, do they come with tiny coral chips??

Yup, I think all of them come attached to small rock stubble so it's easy to glue them to the rocks. :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

wilson how did u manage to wake up in the EARLY morning to post these pics?

nope... i was staying up to feed my boy medication (he's running fever).

I know if i sleep, i will not wake up every 4 hrs...

guess what, i only got to sleep ard 6.15am and up since 10.30.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

The ABT, the piece that i will REALLY MISS!

post-13920-1266089861_thumb.jpg post-13920-1266089838_thumb.jpg

Well Eniram foster home for the grown too big fishes are always welcome! hee hee......so what fishes you plan to have? Dwarf? Wrasse? Lionfish?

Species tank sounds very cool for a 2.5 footer tank!

Well Eniram foster home for the grown too big fishes are always welcome! hee hee......so what fishes you plan to have? Dwarf? Wrasse? Lionfish?

Species tank sounds very cool for a 2.5 footer tank!

Haha... for for a 3footer, it's just a matter of months before they out-grow your tank... you end up being like me, having to rescape just to catch them.

strange u mentioned lionfish, i did think of doing up a predator tank with lionfish, frogfish and mantis shrimps... but sanity prevail eventually.

dwarfs angels are out, coz not reef-safe.. i caught my now-dead flame angel pecking on my orange prata before.

wrasse, i cannot afford the exquisite ones...

I also dunno what fish to buy... maybe just like this will do... keep it minimal... was also toying around the idea of a huge school of true perculas (buy like 50 of them)

hahaha...

no visiting today? we're home taking care of ian today... cheryl's cousins are coming over... if u want to, bring wife and baby along? But have to let u know first... ian is nursing a bad cough.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Haha... for for a 3footer, it's just a matter of months before they out-grow your tank... you end up being like me, having to rescape just to catch them.

strange u mentioned lionfish, i did think of doing up a predator tank with lionfish, frogfish and mantis shrimps... but sanity prevail eventually.

dwarfs angels are out, coz not reef-safe.. i caught my now-dead flame angel pecking on my orange prata before.

wrasse, i cannot afford the exquisite ones...

I also dunno what fish to buy... maybe just like this will do... keep it minimal... was also toying around the idea of a huge school of true perculas (buy like 50 of them)

hahaha...

no visiting today? we're home taking care of ian today... cheryl's cousins are coming over... if u want to, bring wife and baby along? But have to let u know first... ian is nursing a bad cough.

Visiting more or less done, tmrw is the heavy one. Back home tonight to prepare mega dinner so am preparing and helping out. You don't need to keep exquisite! a couple of carpenter flasher wrasse will do miracle! and its cheap and beautiful!

Well if you keep 2 lion fishes you just need to feed only 2 and not 50! Maybe that's what i'll do the next time round!

See how will call you tonight if we are going over. Can't wait for the LFS to open shop! wanna get my hands on a fox coral! found a place to slot it in! wooo hoo!! only GO is open but super duper X pensive man! Shan will be laughing his way to the bank! while we cry to the car!

Visiting more or less done, tmrw is the heavy one. Back home tonight to prepare mega dinner so am preparing and helping out. You don't need to keep exquisite! a couple of carpenter flasher wrasse will do miracle! and its cheap and beautiful!

Well if you keep 2 lion fishes you just need to feed only 2 and not 50! Maybe that's what i'll do the next time round!

See how will call you tonight if we are going over. Can't wait for the LFS to open shop! wanna get my hands on a fox coral! found a place to slot it in! wooo hoo!! only GO is open but super duper X pensive man! Shan will be laughing his way to the bank! while we cry to the car!

well... the poo from 2 lion fish, is way more potent than 50 percs... haha. i used to have 2 fu man chu + 1 frog fish in a nano tank. and i feed them with clown fish *hic* , until they are weened to market prawn.

btw, i will be going over to my parents at 9ish-10 for MJ... if u'r coming over, gotta be before 9.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

You can always opt not to buy anything...GO there look look see see only... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
quite hard to GO there w/o touching the wallet....unless no money...

I have done that a couple of times already. :eyebrow:

Anyway, I always say, if the price Shan quotes is not reasonable in your opinion, then dun buy the coral lor. But he did tell me that the prices of his corals will increase in future because as he said, there is no more crisis already. :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
I have done that a couple of times already. :eyebrow:

Anyway, I always say, if the price Shan quotes is not reasonable in your opinion, then dun buy the coral lor. But he did tell me that the prices of his corals will increase in future because as he said, there is no more crisis already. :upsidedown:

if Shan increase prices, reefers will cheong farms & other lfs liao...haha...he will have crisis

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
if Shan increase prices, reefers will cheong farms & other lfs liao...haha...he will have crisis

No leh...seems that there are still rich reefers out there who will buy his corals regardless of the price he quotes... :whistle

Anyway, he told me that the 3+1 promotion has ended and he will not have such promotions in future. He even quoted me normal pricing for the old corals in his 10ft display tank... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

No leh...seems that there are still rich reefers out there who will buy his corals regardless of the price he quotes... :whistle

Anyway, he told me that the 3+1 promotion has ended and he will not have such promotions in future. He even quoted me normal pricing for the old corals in his 10ft display tank... :whistle

agree with Peter. I think GO pricing is aimed at niche market and there is no shortage of deep wallet reefers around.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

[quote name='AhSiang' date='Feb 16 2010, 11:18 AM' post='876220'

looks like i will have to go to the farms liao...haha

Sian 1/2 lor....thought i could grab the 3 plus 1 promo at GO when my tank is ready for stocking..... :unsure:

Yes, there're different lfs to cater to different customers.

Given the right timing and "eyesight", you still can find gems in farms without paying premium price.

Reaper bro. I have some Ho Liao for you. Pls give me a call if u're dropping by the east. (enroute to pasir ris farms).

Can drop by my place and collect the goodies.

:)

Seems like ur tank will be ready in 3 weeks?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Yes, there're different lfs to cater to different customers.

Given the right timing and "eyesight", you still can find gems in farms without paying premium price.

Reaper bro. I have some Ho Liao for you. Pls give me a call if u're dropping by the east. (enroute to pasir ris farms).

Can drop by my place and collect the goodies.

:)

Seems like ur tank will be ready in 3 weeks?

Harlow bro! how is ur cny?? Given alot of Ang Bao already? hehe...... I think in another 4-6 weeks then i stock lor.......Lights cming next week, chiller still somewhere in south china sea....haven reach sg shore yet...hehe <_<

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet