Sulphur Denitrator

Joe_P

• SRC Supporter
Why do you need a denitrator?

the theory is that the end product of the sulphur denitrator, sulphuric acid being able to assist in the dissolving of the Calcium media thereby releasing calcium and carbonates into the reef....

No CO2 supply required ...

and my new reef would most probably not be having a DSB... since I have a 1.5 feet reef height in mind..... ;)

the theory is that the end product of the sulphur denitrator, sulphuric acid being able to assist in the dissolving of the Calcium media thereby releasing calcium and carbonates into the reef....

No CO2 supply required ...

and my new reef would most probably not be having a DSB... since I have a 1.5 feet reef height in mind..... ;)

TTboy bought a H&S sulfphur denitrator from S*****e... he calls it an expensive piece of crap. :rolleyes:

• SRC Supporter
Will any sulphur, or its compound be introduced into the water?

the end product is suppose to be sulphuric acid.....

Thats why they are good for Calcium reactors....

And since I'm DIYing a Calcium reactor for my reef, might as well explore the possibilities of using Sulphur .....

• SRC Member

Thats a good question.....

But I think getting the beads seems to be a bigger problem....

The A###Medic brand of sulphur beads which is sold by "you know who" will cost you your Leg + Arm + Head. BTW the price just been increased from the already expensive tag.

I suggest you get the beads direct from Europe or HK(if you are lucky). It will easily save you 50%.

Good Luck,

Max

• SRC Member

It is not advisable to just dump the beads into sump. Once the water pass through the beads, the output will be abt pH 6-6.5. A slow flow is needed, but the best would be to get a redox meter to monitor to prevent stinking yr whole room by hydrogen sulphate.

Putting calcium media is a gd option, however, the output will be still 7.9 .

Overall, its a gd method but we still do not know how the sulphur will affect the LS & we need the test kit. Natural seawater has 2700ppm.

Wei :)

I suggest you get the beads direct from Europe or HK(if you are lucky). It will easily save you 50%.

Good Luck,

Max

Try carrying that on the plane....

*excuse me sir, I have to ask you to step aside and accompany me. We have some questions we need to ask you. Oh, slip this handcuffs on too* :lol:

• SRC Member

Try carrying that on the plane....

*excuse me sir, I have to ask you to step aside and accompany me. We have some questions we need to ask you. Oh, slip this handcuffs on too* :lol:

Yap....I'm going shopping at HK.....business class...can get steward to help with the luggage! :blink: Oh yeah...here I can HK....................................

BTW, the last time I got 1 big box(12 bottle) of calcium back. The custom stopped me, open up the content and thought it was opium! :blink::blink:

:yeah: MAx

• SRC Supporter
It is not advisable to just dump the beads into sump. Once the water pass through the beads, the output will be abt pH 6-6.5. A slow flow is needed, but the best would be to get a redox meter to monitor to prevent stinking yr whole room by hydrogen sulphate.

Putting calcium media is a gd option, however, the output will be still 7.9 .

Overall, its a gd method but we still do not know how the sulphur will affect the LS & we need the test kit. Natural seawater has 2700ppm.

Wei :)

Interesting.... so when is your project gonna be completed???

I'm waiting for the results from your work.... ;)