Discussion on basic Reefkeeping

Tanzy

• SRC Member

Hey guys!

I'm wondering if any of you are interested in a discussion on beginner reefkeeping. There are a couple of questions that keep coming up in this forum and some of them are very hard to explain well by typing alone, so I think it would be a better idea to talk about it face to face. It won't be a lecture, seminar or tutorial, just a few guys getting together and talk. It is not Q&A because I don't think there is a person of authority to answer all the questions, more of sharing experiences and ideas.

No registration fee. Informal meeting over tea or something. Aimed at beginners but more experienced reefers are encouraged to participate and share.

Now that I've put the idea to you guys, hopefully someone will organise this. (not me :rolleyes: )

Any suggestions? Who's on for it?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Brings back memories of those days when I used to hang arond Funan Centre during the early days of BBS (before Internet became a common thing).

Sure...its a good idea and we can all meet say at a particular cafe on sat or sun afternoon and drink kopi and talk reef (definately not luohans).

No invitations required and anyone can come.

For a start, we can do it at Funan Centre Coffee Bean this sunday.

But we need an organiser and definately not me !

• SRC Member
yes!!!

btw, mrjoe! who's that in ur avatar??

My girlfriend! :D

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

at first I tot WAH :lol: all the lau jiao gather and impart knowledge...

until :(

so...

mrjoe: start a thread on her leh!

haha... jokin' jokin'...

seriously, tis thread is a v gd idea... can b online reference... best if the info is topically arranged! :D

juz my 2cents worth... :P

• SRC Member

mrjoe,

No. You can keep her to yourself. Thank you. :P

Y'all,

Only so few interested?

I'll set the date to be Saturday 28th December to get more involved.

Any suggestion to where and when? I like the idea of coffee bean. B)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Bring your girl and we can decide which is the best milk powder mix for her with regard to solubility and trace elements. Maybe if we have time we can also see if RO/DI water is superior over boiled tapwater for mixing the milk. :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

I heard it is pretty bland compared to cow. ;)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

AT,

Like I suggested, no lecturer. A discussion or sharing of experience and ideas. :ph34r: You will be expected to turn up though. alien.gif

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Me??

Once I start talking... somebody SSSSSSSSSSSSTOP ME! *does a Jim Carrey impersonation*

Seriously, I hope I am available. Let you guys know...

If Tanzy's gonna be there... you guys will be able to hear from an experienced dude... :) You don't need me around!

• SRC Member

hehehe.. mrjoe, when u posted a reply, it is your :unsure: "eye-catching" :unsure: avatar that catches my attention first.. hahaha.. then your replies.. die lah.. pray that my fiancee dun read this.. hahaha.. wonder whether anybody out there is facing this problem as well.. :rolleyes:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.