Upgrading Skimmer

Joe_P

• SRC Supporter
:bow::bow:

u got so many spare beckett ?? :o

also u got the pump to drive it ?? ;)

Thinking of getting a MX 70 to run it... shoule be able to drive at least 3 becketts with that....

only issue is to look for the beckett nozzles now....

• SRC Supporter
If you can wait, I can make this for you! Currently engage in a consulting project for a 250g Reef System and this should be done by New Year, so will be able to get start on any other new project.

:)B)<_<:P

Max

Man, that is one large footprint....

I would need a very large sump to house it....

You intend to DIY it????

• SRC Member

Joe: Hey mx 70 can only drive 2 becket and it is just enough...tried it...will be incoporating it to my own tower skimmer..

max: i'll be doing a double deltec needlewheel skimmer (marinebetta's 2 X original deltec pinwheel) using pvc...one question..how would you be fabricating the funneling part???tt's my main concern..the rest of the components are just simple din standard pvcs...he's going to be my guinea pig..hehe..if successful, i'll probably employ pinwheels too as they are more energy efficient! than a mx70 pushing 2 beckets!!

how much are u charging ur contraption?just curious..pm me??i won't fab for sale for sure, so dun worry... :P

• SRC Member
If you can wait, I can make this for you! Currently engage in a consulting project for a 250g Reef System and this should be done by New Year, so will be able to get start on any other new project.

:)B)<_<:P

Max

hey, is this a beckett skimmer?

what kind of tank is recommended for this particular model.

anyone has used it before ...any results to show?

• SRC Supporter
Joe: Hey mx 70 can only drive 2 becket and it is just enough...tried it...will be incoporating it to my own tower skimmer..

max: i'll be doing a double deltec needlewheel skimmer (marinebetta's 2 X original deltec pinwheel) using pvc...one question..how would you be fabricating the funneling part???tt's my main concern..the rest of the components are just simple din standard pvcs...he's going to be my guinea pig..hehe..if successful, i'll probably employ pinwheels too as they are more energy efficient! than a mx70 pushing 2 beckets!!

how much are u charging ur contraption?just curious..pm me??i won't fab for sale for sure, so dun worry... :P

Alvy,

Do let me know if you intend to produce the Deltec lookalike...

(always inspire by your DIY skills)... ;)

• SRC Member

it is going to be a trial thingy..but i'll make it as close to a deltec model as possible..the funneling part is tricky..may need to remodel one from a 6-4 inch reducer..or alternatively, fab one from pvc boards...tough but hey someone's gonna pay for the raw mat and i'm just providing the machinery to assemble things! i seriously believe even though a dual becket is a superb skimmer solution, but if 2 eheim can do the same job, why not opt for less enegry consumption..also, i can channel my mx 70 to other purpose!l

• SRC Member

you can but how r u going to do it?? I stop my af648 production liao...did too many..quite a few pieces in the market..no longer priced item liao!! :lol: only a few possess it now! but i'm the only one who will have dual injector installed!!hahaha!

• SRC Member
Hey... you guys going for overskimmed tanks izzit? Joe... you are going into a small tank and you want a 3-beckett driven skimmer.... ARE YOU BONKERS??? :)

Joe intend to skim the juices out his SPS. He will have a cup of multi color Acro juice a day to quench his thirst <_<

Max

• SRC Member

Hi Alvy, PM me your email. I have some drawing here that will help.

<_<:heh:

Max

• SRC Member
you can but how r u going to do it?? I stop my af648 production liao...did too many..quite a few pieces in the market..no longer priced item liao!! :lol: only a few possess it now! but i'm the only one who will have dual injector installed!!hahaha!

Ah...Model AF648 obsolete product...new Model AF648MkII coming soon. :D