What is a better buy (marine salt)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marine Environment® dual phase formula??? how much require to treat 100G? where sell cheapest ... anyone?

Told you already, all salt are the same... why waste you $$$ anyway so far i only see marine environment in rebo**, think PR have(can anyone confirm)

• SRC Member

I use CL and the reasons are:

For 1 pail of CL water @ salinity of 1.026. I got

1) 500 or more ppm of Ca

2) Alk @ 10dkh

Can save $ on Ca additive and I only need to monitor Alk until such time when the Ca drop to less than 400ppm.

I also find dissolving the salt is as easy as Tropic Marine. I don't know why it seems that some users find it difficult to dissolve it completely.

Economical, too.

• SRC Member
yeah...i have no problems dissolving the CL salt too...

and the most appealing part of the salt...

FREE T SHIRT with the bucket version..okok..just pay a few dollars more...LOL

:yeah:

Is the T-shirt nice (both looks and quality)? Somehow I dun think its a good bargian to pay 'extra' for the tub (some pple call them pail) and t-shirt leh. :P

Sorry if :off:

yeah salt is salt I agree. just like a car is a car. but why do people prefer Mercedes over Toyota? or Subaru over Honda? ah the human mind...

to certain people, certain salts/cars will always be viewed upon as the almighty. and they'll have to settle for lesser things.

hmm hope my analogy is right. for me I'm getting coralife even though tropic marin is supposedly better because, in dollars and cents, its what matters. solubility problem or whatever, or whether tropic marin is good or not...well. not me to say.

my five cents.

• SRC Member

me using CL for the past 2 yrs.... no major problem except the white sendiment in the bottom of the pail after leaving the SW mix overnight. using PH to mix it still the same...

may i check with the CL user what could caused this? i pour 1/2 pail of water, then slowly add in the salt, mix it using PH, and wait for 1/2 an hour, then measure the salidity again, if too diluted, add salt in, if too concentrated, add water....... can anyone tell me whether there is anything wrong with my SW preparation work?