LED wanted.

Jameshong

So k2 with driver at Aust $20 is it cheap?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Live rates at 2008.05.04 04:52:22 UTC

20.00 AUD = 25.5415 SGD

Australia Dollars Singapore Dollars

1 AUD = 1.27707 SGD 1 SGD = 0.783041 AUD

20 Aust is about 25.56 Sing.

I do not know what is the shipping charge

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

AUD$ 9.00 S&H will be added to Australian orders AUD$ 15.00 S&H will be added to international orders

So need to add Aust $15 for shipping and handing

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Believe it is marketed by Future Electronics. When I bought mine, the K2 star not even out. Guess LED is really fast moving tech.

How much you paid for these guys?

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Believe it is marketed by Future Electronics. When I bought mine, the K2 star not even out. Guess LED is really fast moving tech.

How much you paid for these guys?

Its about SGD$10 each if you ship enough of it. K2 star is mounted by luxdrive, so are the Rebels so most likely have to get them shipped from US.

My next upgrade will be the Rebels once luxdrive start to mount Royalblues on the endor stars. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Just received some K2, I believe philips lumileds do have a plant in yishun, just that there is noone selling them locally to end users.

05052008154.jpg

Its about SGD$10 each if you ship enough of it. K2 star is mounted by luxdrive, so are the Rebels so most likely have to get them shipped from US.

My next upgrade will be the Rebels once luxdrive start to mount Royalblues on the endor stars. :eyebrow:

Wah; cut throat price again. Add in the lens that comes abt 13-14SGD. Still must counter in the Heatsink and drivers. Are you buying the standard bucks drivers or using just normal regulated NPN transistor to drives these guys?

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Wah; cut throat price again. Add in the lens that comes abt 13-14SGD. Still must counter in the Heatsink and drivers. Are you buying the standard bucks drivers or using just normal regulated NPN transistor to drives these guys?

I'm using the luxdrive buckpuck drivers, small footprint and can drive 5pcs of K2 with standard 24V supply. Going to drive them at 1000mA now and 1500mA later once the drivers are available. I did not use any lenses as I need the royalblues to blend better with the CREE XR-E if not will see distinct blue/white shadow.

Here's my modified CREE XR-E array, taken from a LED light bulb.

18042008121.jpg

• SRC Member
I'm using the luxdrive buckpuck drivers, small footprint and can drive 5pcs of K2 with standard 24V supply. Going to drive them at 1000mA now and 1500mA later once the drivers are available. I did not use any lenses as I need the royalblues to blend better with the CREE XR-E if not will see distinct blue/white shadow.

Here's my modified CREE XR-E array, taken from a LED light bulb.

18042008121.jpg

I understood that the buckpuck driver doesn't come cheap, but of a cheapest range available. Good choice none the less.

However, I'm surprise that you not using lens for the blue, as blue LED provide the main spectrum for the corals' health. But then I do not know the depth of your tank you are illuminating, so may I ask how deep is your tank?

For me I more corcern with the heat dissipation on the heatsink for now. Hope it will work out.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
I understood that the buckpuck driver doesn't come cheap, but of a cheapest range available. Good choice none the less.

However, I'm surprise that you not using lens for the blue, as blue LED provide the main spectrum for the corals' health. But then I do not know the depth of your tank you are illuminating, so may I ask how deep is your tank?

For me I more corcern with the heat dissipation on the heatsink for now. Hope it will work out.

The LEDs are about 3' from the bottom of the tank. I'm planing to use a total 80watts of 450nm ,18watts of 410nm, 42watts 5000K.

Currently I have 40watts 450nm and 15watts 5000K keeping some purple acros, clam and bubbles, too soon to say whether its successful or not, I'm still monitoring.

All the LEDs will be mounted on a 4'x1' 3mm aluminium heat sink plate. I have taken temperature measurements of the heat sink directly opposite the LEDs, its around 45C, give it about +10-20C increase at the LED junction, its still within the temperature design limit.

• SRC Member
The LEDs are about 3' from the bottom of the tank. I'm planing to use a total 80watts of 450nm ,18watts of 410nm, 42watts 5000K.

Currently I have 40watts 450nm and 15watts 5000K keeping some purple acros, clam and bubbles, too soon to say whether its successful or not, I'm still monitoring.

All the LEDs will be mounted on a 4'x1' 3mm aluminium heat sink plate. I have taken temperature measurements of the heat sink directly opposite the LEDs, its around 45C, give it about +10-20C increase at the LED junction, its still within the temperature design limit.

Bro Barra;

I afraid that the LED w/o lens may not be penetrative for a 3ft depth. I use a 45deg lens to converge the LED with efficiency of 89% efficiency as per specs. Without lens, I remembered it to be >120deg or more, cannot remember. But then it hard to say, until corals are complaining, it still just might work since SPS are near the top. Update me on the health of the corals.

The Alum heatsink plate you using, are they finned? The temperature you obtain of 45deg is very good, but it is the air temp near heatsink or the surface temp of Alum? Did you use fan to force convention the heatsink?

Sorry to ask so much, as I will be putting my prototype to real life this weekend... Lots of drilling and soldering..

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Bro Barra;

I afraid that the LED w/o lens may not be penetrative for a 3ft depth. I use a 45deg lens to converge the LED with efficiency of 89% efficiency as per specs. Without lens, I remembered it to be >120deg or more, cannot remember. But then it hard to say, until corals are complaining, it still just might work since SPS are near the top. Update me on the health of the corals.

The Alum heatsink plate you using, are they finned? The temperature you obtain of 45deg is very good, but it is the air temp near heatsink or the surface temp of Alum? Did you use fan to force convention the heatsink?

Sorry to ask so much, as I will be putting my prototype to real life this weekend... Lots of drilling and soldering..

I place the SPS about 1' way from the LEDs, so far so good.

The aluminum is just a normal plate bent at the edges to form a C-channel to give it more strength. The temperature measured is the surface temperature of the aluminum, no fans were used.

thermocouple.jpg

• SRC Member
I place the SPS about 1' way from the LEDs, so far so good.

The aluminum is just a normal plate bent at the edges to form a C-channel to give it more strength. The temperature measured is the surface temperature of the aluminum, no fans were used.

thermocouple.jpg

Hmmm;

Your multimeter can measure temp... Wonder why mine cannot. Hope to see your tank shot if possible.

Cheers

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Bro Barra,

So you get your led from US?

How much you paid for the led and S&H?

Bro nakazoru,

You bought in Singapore?

What is the contact email and how much per led?

Regards

Thank You

Sherman

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
Bro Barra,

So you get your led from US?

How much you paid for the led and S&H?

Bro nakazoru,

You bought in Singapore?

What is the contact email and how much per led?

Regards

Thank You

Sherman

PM You

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Maybe we can get a bulk order from future electronics singapore? Its better than ordering from US direct.

Sherman, mine is around SGD$10+ per LED including shipping.

Dun tink it will get a extremely high volume for the price to drop significantly since LED not common and ex now. Also not many ppl will know how to DIY.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
diy is not the hard part i tink. the problems i m facing now is the narrow beam angle the leds are producing. i am also concerned about the spectrum it is emitting throughout its usage life.

The high powered LEDs do not have really narrow beam angle, they typically have an angle of 100-140degrees. Users normally use optics to focus them.

You can mix and match different LEDs to deliver exactly the spectrum you wanted, this is something that you cannot do easily with other lighting.

Most reputable LEDs have a typical 70% lumens maintenance at 50000hrs.