why do shrimps discard their shells?

ocean

• SRC Member

wad i read on the book they called it exoskeleton.. and they mention it's safe not to remove the shell,but if u wan also can remove..they remove to repair their spoilt legs,arms and wad so ever. :D correct me if i'm wrong.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

Exoskeletons can't grow. They are dead. So once the armor becomes too tight, they form another soft copy below their exoskeleton before moulting. Once the old exoskeleton comes off, the new one conforms to the larger size of the body before hardening. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
And as for cleaner shrimp.. Everytime they molt, they actually change their gender!!

confirm??? :lol:

how do one tell the gender of a cleaner shrimp btw?????

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

Quite confirm.. I read about this some time ago and something I notice is that everytime one of my cleaner shrimps molt, it would mate with my other shrimp..

You can know which one is female from the presence of green eggs you can see at the tummy area.. (Of course you need to have 2 or more shrimps) Cleaner shrimps mate very often in tanks but the fry is like impossible to raise.. Any tips to raise them can let me know? I've seen my baby shrimps get sucked into my filter and die countless times.. Sad..

And yeah cleaner shrimps can grow to be really rather big actually.. I've kept mine for like almost 2 years and they are pretty huge (for cleaner shrimps).