Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• SRC Member
wow bro u have not 1, not 2, but 3 beautiful tanks!

Can share what tube combination you using to achieve such colours?

thanks bro, i dare not say i have 3 beautiful tanks haha.. i'm still learning as i go along.. many pros out here with hell nicer tanks!

spectrum of my T5 is as follows, from left to right, all ATIs,

Actinic

Aquablue

Pro-colour

Blue-plus

Aquablue

Actinic

Blue-plus

Aquablue

p.s. my dad also using 8 tubes, without actinic and pro-colour.. :)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
thanks bro, i dare not say i have 3 beautiful tanks haha.. i'm still learning as i go along.. many pros out here with hell nicer tanks!

spectrum of my T5 is as follows, from left to right, all ATIs,

Actinic

Aquablue

Pro-colour

Blue-plus

Aquablue

Actinic

Blue-plus

Aquablue

p.s. my dad also using 8 tubes, without actinic and pro-colour.. :)

wow, seems like the 4 combination tubes gives a blue-er feel + bring out the reds more. Thanks for sharing bro!

• SRC Member
wow, seems like the 4 combination tubes gives a blue-er feel + bring out the reds more. Thanks for sharing bro!

my pleasure, bro.. :) i'm an avid supporter of t5..

• SRC Member
Just curious, how much is your electricity consumption for the 3 tanks in terms of $$ ? (If you can share) Considering to switch to T5 to reduce my bills. <_<

if i never remember wrongly, its in the region of $60 - $70.. around there..

the bulk of the electricity comes from the return pumps and the chiller.. :)

with this kin of tank... what can i say some more.....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• SRC Member

Time flies. Ur tanks has matured into inspirational tanks for many to marvel on. Great job and effort for such beautiful tanks, I quite like ur Dad's tank, esp with the twin tower scapes :) More pics Vinc. Keep up the good work :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
So cheap.. Hmm.. Maybe I should really change to T5 and sell off my MH fixtures.. :mellow:

i'm an avid supporter of t5.. only problem is when changing tubes, it can easily cost hundreds.. :)

Your dad's "mighty 2 mountains" have worked out very well! Bro, your sand bed very empty leh... :eyebrow:

haha long time no see bro, hope to see u at iwarna some time soon ya! super long no new additions already haha.. dun worry bro.. during Dec hols will add new stuff to my sandbed for CNY.. :eyebrow:

with this kin of tank... what can i say some more.....

you flatter me bro, haha.. nothing expensive or rare inside my tanks.. just letting them mature and grow.. :D

Time flies. Ur tanks has matured into inspirational tanks for many to marvel on. Great job and effort for such beautiful tanks, I quite like ur Dad's tank, esp with the twin tower scapes :) More pics Vinc. Keep up the good work :upsidedown:

bro! its been so long since i heard from you.. many many thanks for the compliments.. awaiting your comeback.. :eyebrow:

AWESOME....

thanks thanks haha, its far from awesome, really.. just letting the corals grow and mature.. :)

i'm an avid supporter of t5.. only problem is when changing tubes, it can easily cost hundreds.. :)

Ever considered LEDs?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Ever considered LEDs?

ya, but when i started up this tank, LED wasn't in yet.. anyway i still support t5s... at least i've tested and proven it.. :)

cheap LEDs just wun make the cut, i think.. and good LEDs are way over my budget..

Yah agree. the start up cost is quite high.

Did you see my tank thread today. Tested the Maxspect LED light. One of the cheaper 3w LED in the market.

I think it is still not as powerful as the US Crees LED or the SSC 's that Sherman uses but should be good enough for LPS not sure about SPS though.

The PAR readings is equivalent to my 150W MH (20k bulb)

Just sharing.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Yes. I did. But my tank is 4' x 3' x 2'. The upfront cost is high .. hmm...

ya bro, i agree the upfront cost is very high.. haha..

Yah agree. the start up cost is quite high.

Did you see my tank thread today. Tested the Maxspect LED light. One of the cheaper 3w LED in the market.

I think it is still not as powerful as the US Crees LED or the SSC 's that Sherman uses but should be good enough for LPS not sure about SPS though.

The PAR readings is equivalent to my 150W MH (20k bulb)

Just sharing.

yupps just saw it, very interesting.. thanks for sharing bro, can't wait to see the results of this LED, and its impact on LPS and SPS in the long run.. cheers!

btw, really like your rimless acrylic tank.. neat!

• SRC Member

as promised, bro fishtalk, more pics..

this is one of my favourite sps in my tank.. its before and after pic..

in january when i first bought it at GO, and in september now.. growth may be slow, but the colours have lighted up quite a bit.. :)

post-9599-1257437593_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1257437603_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

after the rose anemone splitted, i relocated them and rescaped a little, to allow them to get more lights.. starting to show a little bubble-tips.. :)

post-9599-1259326426_thumb.jpg

some reflections.. with the baby percs..

post-9599-1259326437_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
really nice ... unique scape :rolleyes:

thank you bro poomoon, i really enjoy doing scaping.. in fact that is the best part of reefing for me.. :lol: