Very Worried

Hope bros & experts here could help me on this:

Bought a 5' yellow tang and already in tank for two weeks. The problem is it wont eat anything. ALready tried on pallets,brine shrimp and flakes as well. Thanks in advance.

p/s- Other LS in the tanks-Brown Scopa,Foxface,Tomato Clown,BlueTang,nasotangs,some damsels.

• SRC Member
Hope bros & experts here could help me on this:

Bought a 5' yellow tang and already in tank for two weeks. The problem is it wont eat anything. ALready tried on pallets,brine shrimp and flakes as well. Thanks in advance.

p/s- Other LS in the tanks-Brown Scopa,Foxface,Tomato Clown,BlueTang,nasotangs,some damsels.

try red grapes macroalgae and red bamboo macroalgae...shd work if the fish is healthy.

• SRC Member
try red grapes macroalgae and red bamboo macroalgae...shd work if the fish is healthy.

buy nori (seaweed), without flavour from daiso or market, soak with garlic juice maybe it might help. get a clip with suction cup and attached it (the nori to the glass. red bamboo like wat bro underwater says might help to induce feeding too. reborn do carry red bamboo quite often call them to check it out.

HTH :rolleyes:

buy nori (seaweed), without flavour from daiso or market, soak with garlic juice maybe it might help. get a clip with suction cup and attached it (the nori to the glass. red bamboo like wat bro underwater says might help to induce feeding too. reborn do carry red bamboo quite often call them to check it out.

HTH :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot.will try it out. :thanks:

YT is quite a greedy type of fish. Strange that it's not feeding. Is other fishes in ur tank facing the same problem?

No.the rest of them is ok.what i had in mind is when introduce to tank, the YT seems quite hard to get along with the brown scopa. only for past 3-4 days they are ok.maybe that is one of the cause here?

YEAAAHAAAA.... Finally yesterday the Yellow Tang start to eat. Try with JBL MariPerls pellets and it ate like no tomorrow. Funny thing is now i got maybe 11 types of feeding material and my wife wahlau very upset cause the freezer are full of it.hehe..maybe will ask her to make us of it for new receipe eg. brine shrimp curry engraved with flakes..hehe..anyway THANKS TO ALL BROS & SIS who help me out....HAIL REEFERS. :bow:

hahaha...brineshrimp briyani

congras bro.

still miss your MH la bro :cry2: ..hehehe...this will happen when two man who dont have pasport want to trade..hehehe.. :yeah:

ahaa..one more thing, is PURPLE UP additives good for coralline seeding? i found the growth are slow in my tank..for info the PO4 are now 0.02.

ermm...oso this are other additives that i used.

Kent Tech-M

Kent Strontium+Molybdenum

Kent Turbo Calcium

Kent Kalkwasser Mix ( Dosing using my DIY dosing method )

Kent Iodine

Kent Essential Elements

Kent Coral Vite

Seachem Magnesium

Seachem Carbonate & Alkaline

Kent dkH Super Buffer ( i think )

Wandering maybe the product effect on the coralline growth & if could, please comment on the quality wise of the products..Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member
still miss your MH la bro :cry2: ..hehehe...this will happen when two man who dont have pasport want to trade..hehehe.. :yeah:

ahaa..one more thing, is PURPLE UP additives good for coralline seeding? i found the growth are slow in my tank..for info the PO4 are now 0.02.

ermm...oso this are other additives that i used.

Kent Tech-M

Kent Strontium+Molybdenum

Kent Turbo Calcium

Kent Kalkwasser Mix ( Dosing using my DIY dosing method )

Kent Iodine

Kent Essential Elements

Kent Coral Vite

Seachem Magnesium

Seachem Carbonate & Alkaline

Kent dkH Super Buffer ( i think )

Wandering maybe the product effect on the coralline growth & if could, please comment on the quality wise of the products..Thanks in advance.

what i did for my tank is i keep mg above 1400, ca above 420 n kh at ard 10 - 11, some of my rock already have coraline but i notice the other white rocks turn purple within 2 mths. imo, once ur perimeter r rite on track, u will get coraline growing everywhere. even the wavemaker, glass, overflow.....n even the sand :pinch:

and once it gets to there....it's no longer beautiful...but irritating...haha.

wah, maybe you should send me some of your irritating coraline..hehe...i bought about 50kg of LR and most of it got coraline on it. propagate? but it is very hard to scrap em cos already arranged em. BTW, if i manage to, how to stick it to other LR?

• SRC Member
u have coraline seed in the tank in the first place ?

if dun have then no matter what u add in also cannot grow any coraline. :)

if u have, then u need to scrap them to propagate.

not true. coralline grows in time. just have to make sure CA level is right, trace elements, strontium etc contributes to coralline growth even ur LR is "free" of coralline when u first started the tank. 2cts.

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member
and once it gets to there....it's no longer beautiful...but irritating...haha.

haha..victor, i agree with u. if it grows on ur rock scape,and not on ur glass. else u got big problem scaping them away..

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

not true. coralline grows in time. just have to make sure CA level is right, trace elements, strontium etc contributes to coralline growth even ur LR is "free" of coralline when u first started the tank. 2cts.

GOOD NEWS!---last night while doing maintenance, i spotted some coraline growing around 5-6 cm below some LR.wah, why they going under the LR?? :unsure:

BTW is it normal that algae growth in my tank is---first the brown,then the red,then the green,finally the purple.they did grow on each other.

*nice nano tiffanydunk,