OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

is that a declives butterfly? so small and cute!

Not a a C. declivis... It is a C. flavocoronatus... I think never came to SG before.. The difference between Declivis and Flavocoronatus is the 2nd yellow band... Declivis lack the 2nd yellow band..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
Not a a C. declivis... It is a C. flavocoronatus... I think never came to SG before.. The difference between Declivis and Flavocoronatus is the 2nd yellow band... Declivis lack the 2nd yellow band..

ooo. thanks for the info. looks alike haha

Bingo... Not really that ugly lar.. Maybe i like black fish.. But the below one is nicer...

centropyge-abei-2.jpg

Yes, C.Abei is gorgeous, markings resemble the heavenly rare chaetodontoplus ballinae, but a miniature version. Can only dream of this kind of fish, even japanese cant get.

It is a black spot x Lamark but dunno the sex since it is the only one caught.. Should be female.. Anyway most hybrid are infertile one if not wrong..

Infertile, is it tat's why hybrid is rare as they dun reproduce again. But there are some hybrids that interbreed and carry on the lineage, like the townsendi angel. Also, two hybrid lemonpeel will interbreed to produce an aberrant lemonpeel which is gorgeous in pattern.

Yes, C.Abei is gorgeous, markings resemble the heavenly rare chaetodontoplus ballinae, but a miniature version. Can only dream of this kind of fish, even japanese cant get.

This is the only C.Abei in Waikiki Aquarium if not wrong... But I think not there anymore..

C. Ballinae is a beauty too.. But we can only admire the photos online...

Member of:

Infertile, is it tat's why hybrid is rare as they dun reproduce again. But there are some hybrids that interbreed and carry on the lineage, like the townsendi angel. Also, two hybrid lemonpeel will interbreed to produce an aberrant lemonpeel which is gorgeous in pattern.

I think it is really a bare minimum of the the hybrid can reproduce and carry on the lineage...

Member of:

omg so ugly leh! :( townsend angel looks alot like blue angel..

Haha u find it ugly? Ballinae is almost a national treasure like panda already. There are only stamps and museum figurines of this fish. No captive records of the fish and it's definitely illegal to own one!

Yes townsend looks v similar to blue angel and loses shine compared to queen angel, tat's why it din receive much popularity.