OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Hi,

ANy idea how much this piece will cost? :thanks:

I was looking for the name of this fish for ages and chance upon it here. :)

At LiveAquaria it's selling at US$139.99. At our LFS will be selling much cheaper, but the prob is seeing one here is most likely not going to happen. Even if brought in it'll go unnoticed as most LFS will hav little or no knowledge on this fish.

oh much cheaper than a gem tang!! and much more beautiful in my opinion. (:

Wa interruptus cannot compare with gem tang la, gem is one of the rarest marine fish on earth. If can own one i'll die w no regrets, but no money, so sure will die w regrets.

• Moderators
At LiveAquaria it's selling at US$139.99. At our LFS will be selling much cheaper, but the prob is seeing one here is most likely not going to happen. Even if brought in it'll go unnoticed as most LFS will hav little or no knowledge on this fish.

Thanks Bro. Happen to had 1 for nearly 2 years and never know the name till now. Didn't know it was rare when i first got it. Thinking it was some juvenile wrasse or basslet as it was only 1"+ when I bought it. Had asked many reefers who had been to my place but none had been able to identify. :thanks:

Tom

Let's take a look at some uncommon (some are less popular, some are rare!) Australia fishes. I've personally requested for some specific aussie fishes, but our LFS said they are only able to bring in limited species from Australia, mostly the common fishes like lineatus, scotts, scribbled, personifer etc, so the following fishes i'm showing we'll hav v v low chance of owning them:

Trachichthys australis

post-10328-1236265026.jpg

post-10328-1236265037.jpg

the porcupin is cool! old wife i saw before in LFS..

Old wife J&J brought in before last time, after they stop marine all the rare aussie imports also disappear together w them le. Miss the days when they bring in fishes like latezonatus clown, coradion altevlis, muelleri butterfly etc etc..

• Senior Reefer

digiman. u seem very knowledgable in all these rare and uncommon fish....any idea how to get this? its from carribean...u wana place special order for this? >.> finding ppl to share....this fish dam nice but i cant seem to get it -.-

post-15755-1236267365.jpg

digiman. u seem very knowledgable in all these rare and uncommon fish....any idea how to get this? its from carribean...u wana place special order for this? >.> finding ppl to share....this fish dam nice but i cant seem to get it -.-

If you are looking at wild species of greenbanded gobies, den i think it's v difficult to get. Green banded goby is under the same genus as neon gobies (Elacatinus) and ORA has successfully bred them, that means if u seriously want to get this fish, then the most likely way to get it is through ORA shipment from LCK Steven. From ORA website they say their greenbanded gobies are occasionally availbable in limited quantities. LCK ORA shipment will not carry greenbanded goby as they will only bring in the more popular neon gobies unless someone order for greenbanded and bring their attention to this fish. Although this fish is not as popular as neon gobies, but i'm sure if it is available will quickly capture the attention of many nano tank and gobies lover (anyway i'm not one myself so i'm not keen on getting the fish) given it's affordable price and unique colour. Talk to LCK and see if they are willing to add in Green Banded Goby on their next ORA shipment. Anyway the goby market here is not v big, the species we are seeing are v limited, with ML bringing in the most varieties (trimmas), while other LFS can occasinally see the rarer catalina and griesingeri that's all. Hope this helps.

• Senior Reefer
If you are looking at wild species of greenbanded gobies, den i think it's v difficult to get. Green banded goby is under the same genus as neon gobies (Elacatinus) and ORA has successfully bred them, that means if u seriously want to get this fish, then the most likely way to get it is through ORA shipment from LCK Steven. From ORA website they say their greenbanded gobies are occasionally availbable in limited quantities. LCK ORA shipment will not carry greenbanded goby as they will only bring in the more popular neon gobies unless someone order for greenbanded and bring their attention to this fish. Although this fish is not as popular as neon gobies, but i'm sure if it is available will quickly capture the attention of many nano tank and gobies lover (anyway i'm not one myself so i'm not keen on getting the fish) given it's affordable price and unique colour. Talk to LCK and see if they are willing to add in Green Banded Goby on their next ORA shipment. Anyway the goby market here is not v big, the species we are seeing are v limited, with ML bringing in the most varieties (trimmas), while other LFS can occasinally see the rarer catalina and griesingeri that's all. Hope this helps.

i see....then i guess LCK is the only one who can bring in. but its not so easy also..need to get a demand for it first -.-

• SRC Member

Does this looks like a hybrid of Brown tang with Black tang?? :unsure:

post-14611-1236434593.jpg

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D