OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

This is Chetodontoplus poliorus.

a fish not that is discovered not too long ago and it's a new species. it looks almost identical to the very common Singapore angel Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus, but differs by having a grey tail and yellow ventral vins, vs a yellow tail and white ventral fins in the latter.

nice fish!

post-15755-0-19292400-1294158490_thumb.p

Here Digiman,

The fish you failed to see, only one. Not lightning, maybe I shall call it Plasma clown. The stripes have not developed fully yet. I'll leave you guessing what the other side looks like. :yahoo:

lightningperc.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer

Here Digiman,

The fish you failed to see, only one. Not lightning, maybe I shall call it Plasma clown. The stripes have not developed fully yet. I'll leave you guessing what the other side looks like. :yahoo:

lightningperc.jpg

nice i like the left one more.

it's not so much plasma but a blotch of wet paint. it should look nicer as an adult.

This is Chetodontoplus poliorus.

a fish not that is discovered not too long ago and it's a new species. it looks almost identical to the very common Singapore angel Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus, but differs by having a grey tail and yellow ventral vins, vs a yellow tail and white ventral fins in the latter.

nice fish!

This is a fish tat i'll always look out for when i go CF since it is from PNG and CF occasionally carries PNG clowns.

I'll scan thru all the singapore angelfish and carefully check their tails, but disappointingly all are yellow all the time.

Here Digiman,

The left one will look super gorgeous when the black comes out! But still like u said, far from lightning patterns.

an unusual auriga butterfly.

nice scrawled markings.

Wow v special aberrations on a v common fish!

• Senior Reefer

This is a fish tat i'll always look out for when i go CF since it is from PNG and CF occasionally carries PNG clowns.

I'll scan thru all the singapore angelfish and carefully check their tails, but disappointingly all are yellow all the time.

poliorus also occur in some parts of Indonesia. or is it philippines. i'm not sure. either one. but i don't think there's collection in that range.

poliorus is so much nicer than normal singapore angel. even though the difference is so subtle!

Wow v special aberrations on a v common fish!

yah nice. and on a red sea auriga also! more uncommon than the indo ones. in fact...red sea aurigas are so rare in SG! almost non existant.

yah nice. and on a red sea auriga also! more uncommon than the indo ones. in fact...red sea aurigas are so rare in SG! almost non existant.

Red sea aurigas are rare in singapore becos singapore LFS dun bring butterfly in their Redsea shipment.

U've seen so many red sea mesoleucos butterfly in HK LFS and u should know that red sea butterfly are actually not tat rare to obtain, jux tat we dun get them in singapore red sea shipment but in other countries, v much more obtainable.

• Senior Reefer

Red sea aurigas are rare in singapore becos singapore LFS dun bring butterfly in their Redsea shipment.

U've seen so many red sea mesoleucos butterfly in HK LFS and u should know that red sea butterfly are actually not tat rare to obtain, jux tat we dun get them in singapore red sea shipment but in other countries, v much more obtainable.

even in thailand, my fren say red sea butterflies are non existant. only H. intermedius. which i had the chance to see in HK. v nice heniochus.

too bad there was no paucifasciatus when i was in HK. probably more popular than mesos and sold out much faster.

mesoleucos seem to be quite unpopular in HK. each day on average sell 2 which is considered quite slow compared to their other fish. the larvatus, burgess and other fishes sold at a much much faster rate there.

but in singapore if any LFS manage to sell 2 butterflies per day it's a record breaking miracle. here butterflies move v slowly.

Two cheap and uncommon fishes:

1) coradion altivelis

A beautiful and easy and inexpensive butterfly from australia and can occasionally be found in LCK aussie shipment

post-10328-0-46806500-1294280976_thumb.j

2) pseudoplesiops rosae

Cheap and beautiful and best of all peaceful dottyback from cebu philippines. Perfect fish for a nano tank. Can be found in CF shipment.

post-10328-0-54746100-1294281169_thumb.j

Conspic season. Lemon reported there conspics can be found all over the LFS in HK. He saw at least 15 pieces during his trip.

But bringing a conspic back is v unlikely as the fish is big and will require too much water during packing which will exceed the limit.

So the solution is to get a small one, and here is a tiny one:

post-10328-0-29658500-1294281441_thumb.j

post-10328-0-86666500-1294281446_thumb.j

tats huge man... any idea when wil lck bringin conspic angel again or must order first... btw wats the price now... stil 1.5k?

There will be aussie shipment coming soon at LCK. But unlikely will there be conspics.

U can go LCK and express interests to steven and that will hasten him to bring in the fish when he has the chance to.

Conspic was never 1.5k tat cheap. Those one or two tat came in thru aussie supplier is selling at 2k each.

The cheapest was the last batch (not from LCK usual aussie supplier) when almost ten pieces came in and price range from 1750 to 1950 depending on sizes.

If u wan conspic u can talk to lemon too, he has another source.