OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• SRC Member

a good picture of an unidentified angelfish from bali.

it is not a tigerpyge.

anyone can guess what it is?

Are humans disturbing the course of evolution by taking these precious hybrids off the oceans???

I love it's tiger stripes though....

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

A bit far fetched... LOL..

Thts how some tigerpyges are found. That's what makes it so rare.

Indian ocean have eibli x lemonpeel and it's not as rare.

This one is rarer because it's found in Bali and that means that the lemonpeel made its way there from Indian ocean. Very amazing

• Senior Reefer

Are humans disturbing the course of evolution by taking these precious hybrids off the oceans???

I love it's tiger stripes though....

I don't think so

These hybrids are extremely rare in the trade and even in the wild. It's unlikely that human collection has any effect on these populations. We're not talking about thousands of them being caught like flame angels.

I think this angel have a cumulative collection of less than 10! Or maybe slightly more

• SRC Member

I don't think so

These hybrids are extremely rare in the trade and even in the wild. It's unlikely that human collection has any effect on these populations. We're not talking about thousands of them being caught like flame angels.

I think this angel have a cumulative collection of less than 10! Or maybe slightly more

What I meant was that evolution gets a boost whenever such rarities occur and if these rare occurences are being taken out of the evolution cooking pot, then aren't we disrupting the whole grand scheme of things?

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

What I meant was that evolution gets a boost whenever such rarities occur and if these rare occurences are being taken out of the evolution cooking pot, then aren't we disrupting the whole grand scheme of things?

not really.

in order for evolution to happen, these things have to happen very consistantly and slowly over the years.

the scarcity of these hybrids in the wild may not allow that to happen.

however, it is possible.

these hybrids could be segregated and start their own population elsewhere and then grow and mingle with each other to form a true species that was once based on a hybrid that got lost.

this is speculated to happen in centropyge shepardi.

so i think the answer to your question is yes and no. but i doubt the collection of such few pieces have that much of an impact.

i don't know though. just a guess.

Lemon, just wondering there are so many OMG fish U WANT...assuming you have a very very big tank, are you able to keep all those fish in a single tank ? i.e. are all these fish able to co-exist together ?

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, just wondering there are so many OMG fish U WANT...assuming you have a very very big tank, are you able to keep all those fish in a single tank ? i.e. are all these fish able to co-exist together ?

yup.

all the fishes i've listed so far are all peaceful, relatively small reef fishes spanning butterflies, angels, wrasses, gobies, damsels etc.

there is no reason why with proper introduction and a large reef tank, with ample hiding spaces, these fish cannot be kept together.

have you seen david saxby's tank?

the owner of D&D?

his tank is HUUGEEE and he has countless anthias and many many many many tangs of the same species living together. along with tons of triggerfishes, damsels, wrasses and so many other fishes.

in fact, if given a super huge reef tank and assuming the fish i wanted are all introduced, we might even see things that we cannot see in a small tank.

for example, introducing all the same species of dwarf angels and watching them set up their harem and social order in a huge tank will be very exciting to see.

introducing more than one species of fish may also result in spawning, and hybrid formation. of course, rearing the eggs is another can of worms that cannot be done by any average hobbyst.

but then again we have to be realistic.

we're talking about huge aquariums here, almost public sized.

and to be honest, some of the fish i want are not obtainable and i just say "I WANT!" for fun haha!

Wow....Lemon.....my mind was like running wild and think of that BIG BIG aquarium while reading you paint the picture...imagine like you say all those angels build nest, spawn and new hybrid :shock:!!!

Yeah i have watch David's tank for numerous time, very inspiring with so many nice mix of fishes. He has a good blend of schools of yellow splashes (yellow tank mainly) and red color anthias, which makes it very pleasing as a whole. Some very rare fish as well though, but may not have as many of the collection as you have listed.

If only some really passionate reefers in singapore who has got a big landed property could build something like him !

Hmm....Ketchup and Desi seems quite fit the profile :P

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

Wow....Lemon.....my mind was like running wild and think of that BIG BIG aquarium while reading you paint the picture...imagine like you say all those angels build nest, spawn and new hybrid :shock:!!!

Yeah i have watch David's tank for numerous time, very inspiring with so many nice mix of fishes. He has a good blend of schools of yellow splashes (yellow tank mainly) and red color anthias, which makes it very pleasing as a whole. Some very rare fish as well though, but may not have as many of the collection as you have listed.

If only some really passionate reefers in singapore who has got a big landed property could build something like him !

If you combine the total water volume of your tanks, you're on your way there! :yahoo:

Enjoy the again....

• SRC Member

ya right.. provided we own Deltec like David Saxby...