OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

amazing!

finally a pair of tapeinosoma dottybacks hit the U.S

this dottyback still remains a super rare fish and i'm very lucky to have one. although i do not have the female.

you can read more about it on reefbuilders.

post-15755-0-61912500-1322096760_thumb.p

centropyge debelius is one of the holy grail dwarf angels.

the navy blue body is really gorgeous.

OMOM, this is insanely beautiful !!! I think it would be in the same league as with the Peppermint Angel ?!

Has it ever ever arrived here ?

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

OMOM, this is insanely beautiful !!! I think it would be in the same league as with the Peppermint Angel ?!

Has it ever ever arrived here ?

debelius is rare but cannot compare with the peppermint angelfish.

peppermint angel is very very deepwater and endemic to the cook islands. it is in a league of it's own in terms of rarity.

debelius angel is deep, but not as deep and is an indian ocean species. it can be found in mautirius, reunion and aldabra.

there's only one collector for debelius angel and he knows the spot. however there has not been any collection recently and the fish is very hard to get now.

debelius angels are rare in the wild too, and only a few specimens are seen each time. this led to many believing that the principle population exists much deeper in the waters.

there has been some breeding attempts with this species by RCT hawaii and they did manage to breed a few.

but this fish still remains extremely hard to obtain and super difficult. so far only the japanese are getting it and they pay many thousands for it. but less than 10k.

and it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and holy grail dwarf angel species in the world.

• Senior Reefer

the personatus tank is so gorgeous.

i love watching video updates on the tank and fish growth.

the personatus have grown from just a tiny 2 inch juvenile.

the emperor is slowly changing in to adults and the bandits are so healthy and big now! the multicolor as well. it's almost the same size as the bandit!

my fav japanese tank.

throw in debelius angel and other rare fish and it'll be super amazing. not that it already isn't!

the personatus tank is so gorgeous.

i love watching video updates on the tank and fish growth.

the personatus have grown from just a tiny 2 inch juvenile.

the emperor is slowly changing in to adults and the bandits are so healthy and big now! the multicolor as well. it's almost the same size as the bandit!

my fav japanese tank.

throw in debelius angel and other rare fish and it'll be super amazing. not that it already isn't!

It's amazing how there is no ick problem w so many big angels, butterfly and tangs.

Also equally amazing is how fat and healthy the ventralis are. It can only be achieved through heavy feeding but how is it possible in a SPS dominated tank?

I'm v interested to know the system specs and the husbandry and maintenance regime of this amazing tank!

• Senior Reefer

It's amazing how there is no ick problem w so many big angels, butterfly and tangs.

Also equally amazing is how fat and healthy the ventralis are. It can only be achieved through heavy feeding but how is it possible in a SPS dominated tank?

I'm v interested to know the system specs and the husbandry and maintenance regime of this amazing tank!

i think the ventralis are quanrantined and treated and kept in a cool water system so they are healthy and fat!

Indeed, its an amazing tank with so beautifully scape reef concept and huge mature SPS colonies. I am equally keen to know the husbandry for this tank as well.

Digi, would you be able to find out ?

Passion and dedication is the key word to those amazing Japanese tank, Cedric if you ever chance upon Japanese reefing magazine. You'll be amazed by the number of directional spot lights on individual sps colony, the details of which and how much par each colony should get is shocking

The tank is like a stage and all the live stocks are the actors!

What ? Individual spot light for each colony ?!

haha....this is really quite something i have heard of :wacko: Well i guess with time and money, almost anything is possible with this hobby.

Actually, i am keen to find out the husbandry as in the nutrient management concept, something which i hope we could learn something from these culture of perfectionist. As Digi mentioned, to keep a heavy feeding tank (if that is the true case) with relatively good sps color (though not the best color i have seen so far) is very challenging although is possible with heavy nutrient export. That is what i am keen to know about their methods of doing it.

yup gorgeous fish... but unobtainable right?

There are many more rare fishes which are unobtainable becos their habitats are protected.

But peppermint is not protected in any form so tat makes it obtainable, but only if u are willing to spend 25k for the fish.

• SRC Member

There are many more rare fishes which are unobtainable becos their habitats are protected.

But peppermint is not protected in any form so tat makes it obtainable, but only if u are willing to spend 25k for the fish.

lol, in other words not obtainable la...

:P)

debelius is rare but cannot compare with the peppermint angelfish.

peppermint angel is very very deepwater and endemic to the cook islands. it is in a league of it's own in terms of rarity.

debelius angel is deep, but not as deep and is an indian ocean species. it can be found in mautirius, reunion and aldabra.

there's only one collector for debelius angel and he knows the spot. however there has not been any collection recently and the fish is very hard to get now.

debelius angels are rare in the wild too, and only a few specimens are seen each time. this led to many believing that the principle population exists much deeper in the waters.

there has been some breeding attempts with this species by RCT hawaii and they did manage to breed a few.

but this fish still remains extremely hard to obtain and super difficult. so far only the japanese are getting it and they pay many thousands for it. but less than 10k.

and it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and holy grail dwarf angel species in the world.

I wonder if some super rich kind soul would say acquired a dozen of such Peppermint Angels and release it into other areas ( of course with proper acclimatisation to ensure it is already adapted to shallow dealth and healthy) , would this be a possibility where Peppermint Angel thrive at such new areas and no longer be endemic only to the cook islands ?