OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Looka like Mac or Asfur.. But the coloration shouldnt be striped... Maybe is a hybrid..

look at the yellow crescent. it's very thin and it crosses with the white bar. very unusual pattern... doesn't blend well. it's as if they stuck the yellow crescent against the straight white lines.

look at the yellow crescent. it's very thin and it crosses with the white bar. very unusual pattern... doesn't blend well. it's as if they stuck the yellow crescent against the straight white lines.

I am thinking it might e the asfur x chrysurus.. Maybe haven morph..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Asfur x Chrysurus??? That is the best i can translate from Chinese..

Maculosus x Chysurus with more maculosus blood. Very rare import from Kenya, East Africa. HK gets all these rare hybrids including Koran x Chrysurus and sometimes Maculosus x Koran. We can only get all the other left over and common east african fishes. HK pple pay BIG money (more than clarion king hybrid) for mac x chyrsurus. They are mad about the fish.

Is it the lighting or is this conspic just simply a beauty... The mask is cool...

It's the lighting and the angle shot. All conspic looks 99% similar and are all beautiful imo.

bandits anyone?

Keeping so many bandits in a tank makes the bandits look cheap. Wonder how many bandits the owner has tried to succeed with the current number.

9 bandits, 2 conspic, 1 goldflake and what's that fish at the bottom right? some angel hybrid?

It's a mac x chrysurus as well but with more chrysurus blood.

Maculosus x Chysurus with more maculosus blood. Very rare import from Kenya, East Africa. HK gets all these rare hybrids including Koran x Chrysurus and sometimes Maculosus x Koran. We can only get all the other left over and common east african fishes. HK pple pay BIG money (more than clarion king hybrid) for mac x chyrsurus. They are mad about the fish.

It's the lighting and the angle shot. All conspic looks 99% similar and are all beautiful imo.

Keeping so many bandits in a tank makes the bandits look cheap. Wonder how many bandits the owner has tried to succeed with the current number.

It's a mac x chrysurus as well but with more chrysurus blood.

So I guess it will be a long wait before we will even see that hybrid.. Possible to get in HK? LOL... :eyebrow:

Member of:

So I guess it will be a long wait before we will even see that hybrid.. Possible to get in HK? LOL... :eyebrow:

If u are interested, most possible in HK, they get it frequently. But i doubt u interested cos it's not centropyge.

If u are interested, most possible in HK, they get it frequently. But i doubt u interested cos it's not centropyge.

I am actually very interested.. Love the adult coloration alot.. But the price from what you mention might be very high.. :chair: :chair: :chair:

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

i bought the angel and butterfly book written by Dr. Randall. alot of nice photos inside and very very VERY informative behavioural, mating, feeding, territorial and social beahaviour by these fishes.

there's even a table of butterflyfish behaviour patterns and fight moves used todefend territories. very informative and i realise there are tons of info that i've never known before.

anyway i'll share some hybrid photos later. one interesting thing i noted is the dark phase of Forcipiger longirostris is common in Kona, hawaii. and aquarists have kept the dark longnose before only to report that the fish returned back into the yellow phase over a period of weeks to a month. LOL so i guess we can forget about wanting to get it.

the black longnose was originally named as Forcipiger inornatus.

• Senior Reefer

Coral beauties.

1st - Deepwater coral beauty

2nd - All blue morph coral beauty

3rd - Yellow variant coral beauty

4th - The same yellow variant after a few weeks in captivity. Can see it is reverting to normal colouration...

post-15755-12745208601161_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12745208645764_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12745208726841_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12745208770305_thumb.jpg