OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

I wouldnt mind if I can get enough cash for this.. LOL.. The adult one is too big for my liking..

me too. it's really very nice fish but the adults are too big

Been hoping to find one by chance in LFS... LOL...

yucks!

The pattern looks almost fake to me...

it does look fake but it's real and it's gorgeous

Lemon, thanks for buying the book and sharing the pics w us. All the photos u posted jux amazes me to no extent. Of which the trimaculatus x kingii and the picasso regal are two most stunning specimens!

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, thanks for buying the book and sharing the pics w us. All the photos u posted jux amazes me to no extent. Of which the trimaculatus x kingii and the picasso regal are two most stunning specimens!

haha your welcome. it's a good book and i enjoy reading it. Dr. randall explains chaetodon and pomacanthids really well and treats them with so much respect, as though they are humans with real personalities.

the kingii hybrid and picasso regal is really stunning i know! ESP the regal!

• Senior Reefer

The book has any info abt A.Guezei? One day maybe i can borrow the book from u to read?

Anyway pinnacle has your golden angel now..

feel free to borrow! the only info offered on A. guezei (randall and mauge 1978) is that it is poorly known and from reunion island, which is where it got its name from, in reunion island, western indian ocean. exploration in adjacent locations, like mauritius and madagascar would probably extend the range of the fish to include these island. it has been reported from depths of 60-80m.

that's the only info on guezei.

this book is good otherwise. dispelled alot of queries i had regarding hybrids. alot of so called hybrids are just colour variants. like the micronesia flame, which was a flame x lemonpeel suspected hybrid.

and they got give alot alot of info on behaviour in the wild, esp on paucifasciatus. did you know alot of butterflies form homosexual pairs in the wild?! all this time i tot it was heterozygous pairing.

will pass u the book to read the next time i see you.

• Senior Reefer

i think this is the only photo of A.guezei alive. taken by Hughes Vitry.

according to copps from RC...

"Apolemeichthys guezei is by far the least known angelfish species... since a few were trawled in the late 70s by Paul Gueze, the fish has nearly been unseen, and never collected for the trade... I held the holotype specimen (the fish in the first picture) when I visited behind the scenes at the Bishop Museum a couple of years ago and took photographs... what a fish...

The last photo is the one living photo of Apolemichthys guezei (that I've confirmed) in the wild... taken by well known Mauritian Hughes Vitry at about 200 feet...

Copps "

feel free to borrow! the only info offered on A. guezei (randall and mauge 1978) is that it is poorly known and from reunion island, which is where it got its name from, in reunion island, western indian ocean. exploration in adjacent locations, like mauritius and madagascar would probably extend the range of the fish to include these island. it has been reported from depths of 60-80m.

that's the only info on guezei.

this book is good otherwise. dispelled alot of queries i had regarding hybrids. alot of so called hybrids are just colour variants. like the micronesia flame, which was a flame x lemonpeel suspected hybrid.

and they got give alot alot of info on behaviour in the wild, esp on paucifasciatus. did you know alot of butterflies form homosexual pairs in the wild?! all this time i tot it was heterozygous pairing.

will pass u the book to read the next time i see you.

I would love to read more on the behavior of the butterfly and angel... It would help with the stocking of the tank a lot..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

The book has any info abt A.Guezei? One day maybe i can borrow the book from u to read?

Anyway pinnacle has your golden angel now..

Pinnacle always golden angel.. Whether is it healthy anot is another thing..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Haha.. It has been a long time since I walked in to a book shop... Like 2 years...

But buy from amazon no chance to browse first..

kino also can't browse. all wrapped up! :angry: i think if you ask nicely they might open for you first