OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

1 is ok lah. lunatus doesn't seem to be the kind that will fade colour without a female.

besides just keep with other fairies lor. it shud be fine.

not cheap leh -.-

talk as if will really get. i wanna go blue habour so badly!

LOL.. You might never know..

Blue Harbour selling the P. Aya is SGD 900-1k after converting and not including shipping..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Cirrhilabrus is one of my favourite genus of all marine fish. my past 2 years of reef keeping have been focused on this genus and now i'm trying to source for the rarer ones like marjorie.

Like digiman said, marjorie, roseafascia, pintail etc are the very rare ones but are still obtainable to some degree.

there's a thrill in slowly hunting for them.

you should start a collection of cirrhilabrus! their nuptial colours are amazing.

I have 1 but don't know what sp it is. Red body but lower half is white. Used to have 3 but left only 1.

• Senior Reefer

I have 1 but don't know what sp it is. Red body but lower half is white. Used to have 3 but left only 1.

there are only a few cirrhilabrus with white belly. one of the rarest being marjorie but you confirm don't have that one. it's not obtainable here yet.

most likely

cirrhilabrus adornatus

cirrhilabrus filamentosus

cirrhilabrus condei

cirrhilabrus flavidorsalis

cirrhilabrus naokoae

these 5 are red with white belly. do a search, perhaps on of them is your wrasse.

• Senior Reefer

Looks likely cirrhilabrus condei. How much do this cost? It's a well behaved fish and I want to get more.

Not sure . Not a vry common wrasse... Nv see it lately. Where did u get it and how much? The price and shipment got it fron will conform its identity

Not sure . Not a vry common wrasse... Nv see it lately. Where did u get it and how much? The price and shipment got it fron will conform its identity

Condei used to be v common from Vanuatu shipment and is selling at $100 each for males.

I got it from a friend whose tank leaked. I believe it's cirrhilabrus rubriventralis. Found similar picture at google image just now. How much does this fish cost?

$8 to $12 i believe.

I got it from a friend whose tank leaked. I believe it's cirrhilabrus rubriventralis. Found similar picture at google image just now. How much does this fish cost?

C. Rubriventralis is not very expensive but it is not possible to keep two unless it is a pair but so far i have only kept and seen 1 female before... Rest are male becos they are nicer..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Of all the Genicanthus, Genicanthus lamark is probably the most common one, unworthy of being posted in this thread.

however giant alpha males are quite rare. today i saw a huge alpha male one but decided to give it a pass....

love the blue pectoral fin base, yellow forehead and the jet black pelvic fins.

post-15755-076078600 1279190564_thumb.jp

post-15755-077508000 1279190569_thumb.jp

post-15755-062052800 1279190574_thumb.jp

post-15755-047565800 1279190579_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

C. Rubriventralis is not very expensive but it is not possible to keep two unless it is a pair but so far i have only kept and seen 1 female before... Rest are male becos they are nicer..

rubriventralis females are one of the nicer female fairy wrasses.

I think I want to rescape my tank and take out the green wrasse and the vlamingi tang. I will keep dwarf angel ( which I have 3 different sp ),a school of redspot cardinal fish, a school of aioliops megastigma, a few sp of cirrhilabrus and some other small fish, none that should be too large than the chalk basslet. Which lfs can I place the order for the redspot and aioliops megastigma?

I think I want to rescape my tank and take out the green wrasse and the vlamingi tang. I will keep dwarf angel ( which I have 3 different sp ),a school of redspot cardinal fish, a school of aioliops megastigma, a few sp of cirrhilabrus and some other small fish, none that should be too large than the chalk basslet. Which lfs can I place the order for the redspot and aioliops megastigma?

Ah Beng will occasionally carry the fishes u looking for. Not sure if u can place order w them.

Anyway here's a beautiful armitage angel:

post-10328-004880100 1279278667_thumb.jp

post-10328-048100800 1279278678_thumb.jp

any rare fish nuts here want to go Japan with me? :D

3-4 days, will be visiting blue habour. 2nd week of august most probably..

When u are there look out for the rarer cheaper fishes. And by tat i mean fishes that are not skyhigh price and v much available in japan but not so in sg. Some examples are:

1) L.Multilineatum

2) RedSea Xanthotis

3) Rusty Flame (if u can find one there pls buy it back! And if possible buy one for me too!)

4) Nippon butterfly

5) And of course wrought iron and interruptus!

post-10328-077696800 1279286248_thumb.jp

post-10328-096919500 1279286256_thumb.jp

post-10328-051074800 1279286266_thumb.jp

post-10328-070314200 1279286276_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

When u are there look out for the rarer cheaper fishes. And by tat i mean fishes that are not skyhigh price and v much available in japan but not so in sg. Some examples are:

1) L.Multilineatum

2) RedSea Xanthotis

3) Rusty Flame (if u can find one there pls buy it back! And if possible buy one for me too!)

4) Nippon butterfly

5) And of course wrought iron and interruptus!

haha half of the fishes there i cannot afford. i will go there for a short holiday and visit bluehabour and some other LFS when i'm there. and provided i have enuf money to buy, i will try to bring back the rarer ones.

i'm particularly interested in lunatus wrasse.

haha half of the fishes there i cannot afford. i will go there for a short holiday and visit bluehabour and some other LFS when i'm there. and provided i have enuf money to buy, i will try to bring back the rarer ones.

i'm particularly interested in lunatus wrasse.

I dun think so, i think more than 90% of the fishes u like there cant afford ba. Esp when your taste for fishes are so high end! Lunatus is even rare for the japanese though it's from their local waters, think even if hav it'll be v expensive.

Another fish from their own waters and quite highly priced. C.Chrysocephalus

post-10328-016336300 1279287492_thumb.jp

post-10328-035439000 1279287500_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I dun think so, i think more than 90% of the fishes u like there cant afford ba. Esp when your taste for fishes are so high end! Lunatus is even rare for the japanese though it's from their local waters, think even if hav it'll be v expensive.

Another fish from their own waters and quite highly priced. C.Chrysocephalus

can lah. can afford some :/

the ultra rare one forget it lah. but some of the ineresting cheaper rare fish can. like multilineatum, nippon,lunatus.

lunatus cost US 110 there. about the price of a rhomboid.