OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Recently a few of our LFSes started bringing in Mauritius and South Africa shipment and we get to see some of the common fishes from that area like gem tang and chrysogaster clowns being brought in. Thus this brings our attention to wat kind of rare fishes are there from Mauritius and SA that we may expect to see these future shipments?

1. Paracheilinus Attenuatus (Kenya)

Macy-3.jpg

2. cirrhilabrus sanguineus (Mauritius)

post-10328-1255617629.jpg

!!!!!! saw this before. forgot the name. wat isit??

Do u mean u have seen the fish b4 or the pic of the fish b4? Think u mean the latter, i've posted this fish in earlier posts, as for the name, i also want to know. Believe it is a hybrid though.

• Senior Reefer
Do u mean u have seen the fish b4 or the pic of the fish b4? Think u mean the latter, i've posted this fish in earlier posts, as for the name, i also want to know. Believe it is a hybrid though.

see pictures only. yeah its super beautiful. i love the colour. and the design!

• SRC Member

I think it is a juvenile Takeuchi angel (sp?). A Genicanthus angel endemic to Japanese waters and AFAIK there are none in captivity.

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

I think is Genicanthus semicinctus??? Seen it before in some websit...

Found these info from RC and Web:

No, it is a juvenile form of G.Takeuchii like wat Fuel said. G.Takeuchii is the biggest of the genus growing up to 14 inches. It is found only in Ogasawara Japan, a national park (also a world heritage site like Lord Howe) where all collections of animals are illegal and as such this fish is not available to the trade. G.Takeuchii can be found at scuba depth and is rather common in Ogasawara water. It is also a cool water fish like Wrought Iron butterflyfish. There were illegal poaching of the fish in the past and they were sold at crazy price of 5-figures.

Personally i feel the adult form is reli ugly and with its cool water requirement and big size, it should be better off left in the ocean.

Found these info from RC and Web:

No, it is a juvenile form of G.Takeuchii like wat Fuel said. G.Takeuchii is the biggest of the genus growing up to 14 inches. It is found only in Ogasawara Japan, a national park (also a world heritage site like Lord Howe) where all collections of animals are illegal and as such this fish is not available to the trade. G.Takeuchii can be found at scuba depth and is rather common in Ogasawara water. It is also a cool water fish like Wrought Iron butterflyfish. There were illegal poaching of the fish in the past and they were sold at crazy price of 5-figures.

Personally i feel the adult form is reli ugly and with its cool water requirement and big size, it should be better off left in the ocean.

Oopss.. Haha... Remembered wrongly den.. Haha.. 5 Figures!?!?! Oh my god!! The baby is definitely a stunner..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
Lets go gaga over these wrasse and butterflies...

Marjorie Fairy Wrasse

1023091-047p.jpg

Banks Butterfly

1016091-056a.jpg

Will we ever get these in Singapore...

The majorie got chance, since its from fiji. Bank's butterfly has a chance also but slightly lower because our local carribbean source carries limited and boring varities of atlantic fishes so our LFS should seriously consider changing to other suppliers! But if banks ever comes in one day, den other atlantic fishes like carmabi and aculeatus will also start appearing. Anyway many years ago the 10x rarer than banks, the falcifer butterfly, came in but no one took a liking to it. Locally there's no market for rare prognathodes. So i'm content jux to see a few more marcellae.

One day.... i mux own this fish!

OMG its a RESPLENDENT PYGMY ANGEL!!!! i also wanna own this fish!!!

but isn't this fish illegal to be collected? read that its found only on Ascenion island owned by the British therefore not eay for tourist to visit

The majorie got chance, since its from fiji. Bank's butterfly has a chance also but slightly lower because our local carribbean source carries limited and boring varities of atlantic fishes so our LFS should seriously consider changing to other suppliers! But if banks ever comes in one day, den other atlantic fishes like carmabi and aculeatus will also start appearing. Anyway many years ago the 10x rarer than banks, the falcifer butterfly, came in but no one took a liking to it. Locally there's no market for rare prognathodes. So i'm content jux to see a few more marcellae.

P. aculeatus was here before... Steven bought in and was selling at quite a good price... But not many collector for Majorie right and i think it is quite rare in the waters too.....

Wah... Din know Falcifer came in before...

But P. Marcellae is more yellowish compared to banks...

Member of:

OMG its a RESPLENDENT PYGMY ANGEL!!!! i also wanna own this fish!!!

but isn't this fish illegal to be collected? read that its found only on Ascenion island owned by the British therefore not eay for tourist to visit

Ascension island is a protected area so not many collectors can get permit to collect there...

I think... Forgot what is the reason liao..

Member of: