RedSea Berlin Protien Skimmer

Acanthurus pyroferus

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems everyone's getting hooked and i dont have time to pm everyone....

go to ebay... some items brand new, u r dealing directly to suppliers....

but just an advise; u might wanna get the aquamedic turboflotor 1000, its far more effecient.....

Yah the skimmate that aqua medic produce is super thick.. more sludge than kopi o

• SRC Member
Hi Acanthurus,

I'm using 1 for about 4 yrs now, good skimmate with min

2500L/h power head, manageable at 2000L/h. only thing is,

after few months, you need to flush out the sediment below.

Hi Acanthus ,I am glad the RedSea Berlin has proven a good and useful appplication towards your reef tank. I for one am very pleased with the results. I have not seen other skimmers which have a drainaged at the collection area and this is very conveinient for me. :D

• SRC Member
Hi Acanthurus,

I'm using 1 for about 4 yrs now, good skimmate with min

2500L/h power head, manageable at 2000L/h. only thing is,

after few months, you need to flush out the sediment below.

Hi Acanthus ,I am glad the RedSea Berlin has proven a good and useful appplication towards your reef tank. I for one am very pleased with the results. I have not seen other skimmers which have a drainaged at the collection area and this is very conveinient for me. :D I think for every skimmer it needs to have proper maintenance all the time to function properly and skim well. So thats where the husbandary skills come in :D

• SRC Member

:yeah: someone agrees with me....thanks ;) So you have a hang-on version? Must be the turbo version or the prizm?

Mine is actually same as yours except its a Hang-On Version! Not the turbo type but modified the pump to use needlewheel technology for better skimmate!

• SRC Member
Looks like this Berlin is a good skimmer. Can I buy it in any of of our local store?

And does it comes with the powerhead?

:thanks:

yes you can dragon , but you have to check with your supplier regarding stock wise. I heard there was only 10 pcs. left from the distributor. The turbo version comes with the pump but the classic venturi comes without. I had my free pump from my dealer because I'm a regular....he..he ;) the Berlin skimmer really does it's job for such a good price and I'll post the skimate pics soon.

• SRC Member

...just got this thread from rc.... not trying to say red sea berlin is not good, but try to consider this from other's point of view... actually i almost purchased it last week if not for the aquac ev-200 i bumped into....i think i have to agree that in bigger tanks u need a better skimmer, try red sea berlin classic xl maybe......

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...=red+sea+berlin

• SRC Member
...just got this thread from rc.... not trying to say red sea berlin is not good, but try to consider this from other's point of view... actually i almost purchased it last week if not for the aquac ev-200 i bumped into....i think i have to agree that in bigger tanks u need a better skimmer, try red sea berlin classic xl maybe......

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...=red+sea+berlin

well thanks for the vote of confidence...reefer guy! :D Well , if the aquac EV seems to be the most sought after , I guess the makers will be reeling in the money then :lol: It is good to listen to suggestions and experiences though but one has to rely on his or her own experiences to know. :D Previously , my 6 x 2 x 2 had no problems using the Berlin and thats why I have the most confidence in this skimmer. ;) I did not actually want to post the review on this skimmer and was a bit hesitant in the begining but I thought to share with those who have not used it before. :D

• SRC Member
i could have gotten the berlin xl last week for US$87.50 plus shipping which roughly about US$30 via USPS, taking a week to deliver.... Aquamedic Turboflotor 1000 is US$130...

just another info for efficiency evaluation of skimmers....

http://www.marinedepot.com/a_ps__index.asp?CartId=

wah....then we all should order from you then.... :lol: so cheap one..ah :lol:

• SRC Member
classic XL is a taller version but I dun think importer has it.

as for skimmate, is super thick if adjust correctly. my other

aquamedic tuborflotor produce same type of skimmate, so to save some $, RSB oso can lah..

there you go , acanthus has used it before so reefers don't be discouraged from what you read with other peoples experiences. Berlin skims well regardless of the size. :D

• SRC Member
yeah...similar to your berlin...i am using the sicce extrema...maybe the extrema is just the suitable pump to drive alot of venturi skimmers....go go extrema...hehe

I agree , the extrema is excellent regardless of what people say! :lol: I had it for almost 4 years now and it's still working in good condition. :yeah: way to go extrema! to be able to pump up to 2500litrs for such a small body is just great. Used it as a return pump for my 4 footer and almost blew my LR's off :lol: