Whats left of my Pink Yuma

Cookiemunster

gush......that was wat I was afraid of too.....mine is still very stressed up....still keeping fingers really crossed....pray pray...

bro, hope you'll get another opp. to try it again....

I amstill trying to find a way to get ard this prob....I have lost too many gems to this problem..sigh....hoping the latest victim wont be the pink one as well.....

I am at my wits end too, bro, now everyday staring at it and hoping it will pull thru...I believe you have been doing that for the last few days as well....right?

I have checked out diff websites, everybody agrees it is due to stress, but what shld we do to help the yuma overcome this?

Have tried using iodine, shady corner away from the MH...feeding, water parameter check.... :(

• SRC Member
I amstill trying to find a way to get ard this prob....I have lost too many gems to this problem..sigh....hoping the latest victim wont be the pink one as well.....

I am at my wits end too, bro, now everyday staring at it and hoping it will pull thru...I believe you have been doing that for the last few days as well....right?

I have checked out diff websites, everybody agrees it is due to stress, but what shld we do to help the yuma overcome this?

Have tried using iodine, shady corner away from the MH...feeding, water parameter check.... :(

you have done all you can.theres no way to prevent it, you can only hope to lessen it.anyway, yours looks great what

• SRC Member
have not update everyone yet....this little pink guy is irritating....show me a little of his intestines everyday to make me lose sleep :angry::o:huh::unsure::cry:

I've a piece of yumas, covered with brown slimes. not sure whether this is the 'brown' disease....if yes, will this spread?

btw, deepblue, I buy from the same source as you...so if it can spread, look out in your tank. this is the only piece in my tank, and only piece I bought from that source that is showing this brown slime.

:(

:off: All my yumas kept on releasing brown slime like no tml... i now have a power head to blow away all the brown slime will it help..

careful...you might end up blowing away the .............. ............... ... slime...........................................................................

and ..................................

the .....................................................yuma :lol::lol:

This is the pink yuma I got on the same day....

I walk pass it srd 9pm, it looked like its going up the lorry, next thing, I walk pass it at 11pm..it looks better....

How to sleep well at night.....sigh...I think it is battling to recover.... :huh:

post-7-1069864113.jpg

This is the pink yuma I got on the same day....

I walk pass it srd 9pm, it looked like its going up the lorry, next thing, I walk pass it at 11pm..it looks better....

How to sleep well at night.....sigh...I think it is battling to recover.... :huh:

oh...hope it will make it, such a pity to let such a beautiful piece melt away :erm:

it looks fine from the pic though ;)

• SRC Member

I've come across a few times in RC whereby they dip their ric in lugols solution to recover from melting.

Not sure if lugols is available locally though.

Below is a cutout of http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...&highlight=melt

Yuma's are finickier than florida's and can be harder to keep... but I would say if brown goo/melting the ONLY chance is lugols in dip strength right away. A whole polyp can melt to nothing in a matter of hours. Faded is a whole different story and they just need better light and/or water conditions. Lugols for meltdown has worked several times for me