Sea Water Plus Premix Salt Water

bro, how's thing. Hope everything is well.

Coming to yr question. . . U have the best of both world. . LOL. As u said, there are 2 school of thoughts. . Yr will be 3 school, hybrid style. Hehe

Any issue? If u are hardworking, salt mix is good as it is so called pest free whereas NSW has the danger.. for me.. If can will use NSW as faster and unless I can get car to buy NSW, if not will go for salt mixed. Just my 2 cents worth limited experience. Take care.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Guess, it does not matter, or does it? IMO it depends on where the NSW is from. Punggol/Pasir Ris, Tuas/ Jurong, Changi/ East Coast, Marina/ Pasir Panjang, or Southern Islands.

It was also in the news that Punggol water have got high undesirable bacteria count. LimChu Kang do have high bacteria count due to the farms along the SoJ. Tuas are shipyards, checmial traces are high. The cleaner water is probably Changi/ East Coast, and Southern Islands.

bro, how's thing. Hope everything is well.

Coming to yr question. . . U have the best of both world. . LOL. As u said, there are 2 school of thoughts. . Yr will be 3 school, hybrid style. Hehe

Any issue? If u are hardworking, salt mix is good as it is so called pest free whereas NSW has the danger.. for me.. If can will use NSW as faster and unless I can get car to buy NSW, if not will go for salt mixed. Just my 2 cents worth limited experience. Take care.

Things are well my fren.

With the live rocks, I am done with cycling within a week......tested parameters to cfm. Hahahaha

Have been using salt water from AM thus far and things a going ok.......jus wondering if can use some sea water......cos more natural ma. :rolleyes:

And that's where i derive with the possibility of mixing sea water with salt water...... :eyebrow:

Guess, it does not matter, or does it? IMO it depends on where the NSW is from. Punggol/Pasir Ris, Tuas/ Jurong, Changi/ East Coast, Marina/ Pasir Panjang, or Southern Islands.

It was also in the news that Punggol water have got high undesirable bacteria count. LimChu Kang do have high bacteria count due to the farms along the SoJ. Tuas are shipyards, checmial traces are high. The cleaner water is probably Changi/ East Coast, and Southern Islands.

But you will not know where the source of the NSW if you get from one of the farms rite? Unless we assume that pasir farms will use pasir ris water and LCK farms will use LCK waters. But it seems like both the farm areas........NSW are high in bacteria count......jus wondering whether their live stock ok boh. :whistle

Bro, from my understanding, the source is limited to few spot and they will treat the collected sea water, hence, maybe it is better not for you to try collect raw seawater. Maybe you can alternate the change, nsw and salt-mix and see the result. Then use mixed. Can update us yr observation then. Hehehe. How, have you added any livestock.

But you will not know where the source of the NSW if you get from one of the farms rite? Unless we assume that pasir farms will use pasir ris water and LCK farms will use LCK waters. But it seems like both the farm areas........NSW are high in bacteria count......jus wondering whether their live stock ok boh. :whistle

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Bro, from my understanding, the source is limited to few spot and they will treat the collected sea water, hence, maybe it is better not for you to try collect raw seawater. Maybe you can alternate the change, nsw and salt-mix and see the result. Then use mixed. Can update us yr observation then. Hehehe. How, have you added any livestock.

no la..........i am not going to collect raw seawater la.........jus go pasir ris and buy from one of them loh.

actually i am thinking that maybe can mix 3/4 salt water and 1/4 sea water blend for a start to try out..........lazy person at work. :eyebrow:

Added the following livestock:

clown x 2

mandarin fish

yellow goby

snail x 2

torch x 1

zoa x 2

yuma x 1

jewel x 1

super sun x 1

so far so good...........all doing well. :whistle

glad to hear that. : )

no la..........i am not going to collect raw seawater la.........jus go pasir ris and buy from one of them loh.

actually i am thinking that maybe can mix 3/4 salt water and 1/4 sea water blend for a start to try out..........lazy person at work. :eyebrow:

Added the following livestock:

clown x 2

mandarin fish

yellow goby

snail x 2

torch x 1

zoa x 2

yuma x 1

jewel x 1

super sun x 1

so far so good...........all doing well. :whistle

Algae Scrubbler

It is unlikely that they will take from Pasir Ris, doubt they are so cheapskate. If they really do, they are digging their own grave too! :eyebrow:

yes, they dont take from pasir ris.....some where west side....lol...not sure how true....

Algae Scrubbler

yes, they dont take from pasir ris.....some where west side....lol...not sure how true....

Labrador Park is a good place. All you need is a rope a pail and the containers, during high tide. There is a platform near the carpark for you to scoop. Dun try to walk down the slope, full of dangerous surprises. Or on the left side is a ram previously used by the Navy RPL.

Me going night fishing around Southern Islands on next Friday night, if not too much and can provide me with the container, I think I might be able to help. :whistle