hi there... i'm new.....

akumanohi

hi guys... i'm new here... erm... i would like to ask u all that how to successfully to keep a clown and anemones??? cuz i bought 2 anemones and a golden moroon clown and a fire clown (i guess so),the fire clown keeps conquer 1 of the anemones and the other wan they didnt go near, but later on, i bought another bubble anemone,the golden strips dun wanna get near it and the fire clown conquer both of it, i've placed it quite far from each other already... i am afraid of the golden strips... i scared it will get ill or wad... i need advises~~~ pls~~ thankx.... :cry::cry:

• SRC Member

No they actually do not. If I am not mistaken, clowns take to anemones in the wild for protection against predators. In your tank, unless you have like a 6 inch frog fish or something like that, I figure you clown should be pretty safe...

:D

• SRC Member

dont worry, my 2 anemone ( Haitian & White with blue tip) also same same. Sometime it strink into a 50 cents coin.

Initial the tip is so fat and now....:( dont know if I have not feed them enough?

But still surviving pretty ok....problem only it move all about....and my dont have the luxury of of a clown fish to keep company because I have too many fishes already for my 2 feet tank.... :blink: Total got 5 fishes already...sign!

• SRC Member

well if your anemone keep moving about cause it's stress and cant find a right spot for it. And if it keep closing for many days.. be prepare to throw it into the dustbin. I have keep 3-4 of them and I finally give up. they are costing my various clown fighting and worst they r troublesome to keep and my high water flow not suitable for them as they end up most of the time stay at the back of my tank. And i can move them for display.

Correct IcecruncherZ..clowns can be more stressed if they host an anemone. They will have to perpetually remember to coat themselves with the mucus from the anemone to prevent themselves from getting badly stung. So actually hosting an anemone is more troublesome for a clownfish if there is no real need for protection against predators.

Also..there is more to anemone health than feeding and lights. You will probably have to know whether the anemone is naturally found on reefs in the first place. For instance, the carpet anemone is found anchored in the sand bed in the wild...and it is very very fine sand..not anchored onto rocks.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/