Shark's Fins

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Singapore is one of the highest Shark's Fins consumption country..

such cuisine.... who can resist???

:P

yes maybe the highest consumption but we can help in a way reefers ;) Those of you getting married , don't order sharks fin alright? :sick: If people ask if you are stingy , say you saving to buy LR for your new set-up :lol: but seriously guys we can help in some small ways if we try enough. ;)

• SRC Member

I think most people dun eat shark fin for its taste. Heard its some herbal effect ("zi bu yang yan" in chinese).

Someone got to do some test and really educate the public else such campaign is going no where in any country that has chinese community.

• SRC Member

i think we may laugh now, but when the damage is done in the future,

who to blame? the cook? the bride /groom? the guest?the diners?etc......

hoenstly after seeing slow death they face in national geo. , i quit eating them.now eat the fake shark fin soup(made form crab meat)

Like I said, its yummy because of the broth itself... not the sharkfin itself.

Crab meat is added to give a little more 'substance' to the broth.

It's a cultural thing... coz the emperors of china used to dine on it so it has been a dish of prestige ever since.

• SRC Member
i think we may laugh now, but when the damage is done in the future,

who to blame? the cook? the bride /groom? the guest?the diners?etc......

hoenstly after seeing slow death they face in national geo. , i quit eating them.now eat the fake shark fin soup(made form crab meat)

yes my bro, way to go :D you lead the way in preventing the sharks from being killed :yeah:

• SRC Member
Like I said, its yummy because of the broth itself... not the sharkfin itself.

Crab meat is added to give a little more 'substance' to the broth.

It's a cultural thing... coz the emperors of china used to dine on it so it has been a dish of prestige ever since.

emperor or no emperor .... it's still a cruel thing to do :cry: The shark at the bottom of the reef in the pic. is just waiting to die. I wonder if that was done to a human , it would deem cruel straight out. :angry:

• SRC Member

then what happens when the shark eats us when we surfin huh??? they take one of us and we take one of them lor... :rolleyes:

but seriously... dont think it is something that we can stop as it is traditionally a chinese dish and is always offered in any banquet dinner....

• SRC Member
then what happens when the shark eats us when we surfin huh??? they take one of us and we take one of them lor... :rolleyes:

but seriously... dont think it is something that we can stop as it is traditionally a chinese dish and is always offered in any banquet dinner....

Sharks don't normally eat humans if you've watched your National Geographics or Discovery channels respectively...he...he :lol: We resemble seals with our diving gear and we invade their living space so in natural fact we're asking for it... :evil: I think we can help where our Chinese weddings are concerned. "EAT ABALONE INSTEAD" aslo expensive lor!! Nobody will call you stingy....he...he... :lol:

• SRC Member
Since changing the culture of asian is a mount everest task, maybe they should target at restuarant. Something like restrict the amount that can be sold per month? In the end, price goes sky high and less people will eat it.

YEAH :yeah: good idea but those rich tai-tai and towkay will still buy :unsure: we can do our part by avoiding that delicacy! Maybe sabo their lorry of sharks fin to the restaurant or something:evil: imagine being at the bottom of the ocean and left slowly to die....gives me the shivers :(

• SRC Member

Is it OK for me to eat sharks' fin if I eat the meat too?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Is it OK for me to eat sharks' fin if I eat the meat too?

How will you know the meat and the fin is from the same shark? BTW, its the way the fins are collected that is killing the sharks. The fishman just remove the fins and dump the sharks back to the sea to die a slow death.