A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello.... B)

I always like to see ppl from scratch till finished product.

maybe can pick up a few tricks here n there. :D

:off: btw, eh, how come there's two nick each time replying? eh, so who's the actual owner leh? I abit blur liao. :unsure:

anyway take your time doing your tank, only "fool" will rush into things..! :heh:

Like others, can't wait to see more updates. :)

• SRC Member
hello.... B)

I always like to see ppl from scratch till finished product.

maybe can pick up a few tricks here n there. :D

:off: btw, eh, how come there's two nick each time replying? eh, so who's the actual owner leh? I abit blur liao. :unsure:

anyway take your time doing your tank, only "fool" will rush into things..! :heh:

Like others, can't wait to see more updates. :)

he...he...I think you more expert then me leh....but also good to learn from fellow reefers... :D Actually I am AP (acanthurus pyroferus) aka chocolate tang.... :lol: Sailfin my good friend always come and inspect my tank. He got no tank so pretend he have one.. :lol: Will keep you and other reefers posted for sure...I also cannot wait to finish this tank up....very headache. Longer the cycling the better.

sorrie AP, your tank thread is 9pages long, like my memory is failing me. Your tank is still cycling now? I dunno when I did my additional fowlr tank, I dump some shrimp n "seeded" LRs, cycle a few days, check water parameter oki, I consider cycled liao. If you cycle too long, u come to a point there's no source of ammonia in the tank. That's my thought.

PS if u note, most of my posting is at kopi tiam.. dun tell the others.. haha..! :)

• SRC Member
sorrie AP, your tank thread is 9pages long, like my memory is failing me. Your tank is still cycling now? I dunno when I did my additional fowlr tank, I dump some shrimp n "seeded" LRs, cycle a few days, check water parameter oki, I consider cycled liao. If you cycle too long, u come to a point there's no source of ammonia in the tank. That's my thought.

PS if u note, most of my posting is at kopi tiam.. dun tell the others.. haha..! :)

no need to be sorry bwilly....it's alright .... too many things in this forum to look and remember....he..he...I also siao one sometimes and my eyes blur also. My LR give off alot of dirt and I can see alot of small living things starting to grow like turtleweed , sponges , tubeworms and macro algae starting to sprout so that means cycling starting to take shape from my point of view...he...he...there is always ammonia provided there is LR inside and DSB hold alot of other animals burrowing inside. No , I won't tell...I like your posting of Cha Bor on the Train in Kopi Tiam....he...he...

• Sponsor

looking good.......why not use egg crates or pvc pipes to reduce the number of LR? with the number of LR used, it can definately hide the crates.

as for ur tank size, ur LR can be easily @ 150-200kg.... :D which will cost u a bomb.....not to mention ur lightings fixtures... :D

• SRC Member
looking good.......why not use egg crates or pvc pipes to reduce the number of LR? with the number of LR used, it can definately hide the crates.

as for ur tank size, ur LR can be easily @ 150-200kg.... :D which will cost u a bomb.....not to mention ur lightings fixtures... :D

hey DR.Evil , never liked using egg crates or artificial stands beneath my LR. I know it's costing me a bomb.....but I want it as natujral as possible...he...he...the lighting is going to be troublesome with a total 2000W needed. Need to call electrician soon to fix a separate power box.