Firestarter's 2ft Standard tank

Firestarter

• SRC Member
Just a small update.

Bought a strawberry crab from Pasir Ris farmway. It says its reef safe, but reefers have experience them attacking fishes.

They look like Dungeness Crab. Delicious... :upsidedown:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Did a major rescape few days ago. Kind of regretted doing that, because now most of my corals are not doing well after the shift.

Here's my tank currently now. Note the white hammer on the right is half expanded.

post-13947-1250780953_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Another shot of the hammer.

My other hammer and frogspawn is doing fine. I have no idea what happened to this hammer.

I'm willing to pass this hammer to anyone who can help nurse it back to health, as I'm afraid it'll only get worse. :(

post-13947-1250781249_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Did a major rescape few days ago. Kind of regretted doing that, because now most of my corals are not doing well after the shift.

Here's my tank currently now. Note the white hammer on the right is half expanded.

from my past experience... it just like gone case lar....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• Senior Reefer
Any idea what causes the hammer coral to be like that?

looks white. isit bleached? my sentiments same with mr xxx. not much you can do for it.

there is some algae growth on the skeleton also.

my guess is, bleached, and slow tissue recession causing algae to grow on the skeleton.

• SRC Member
looks white. isit bleached? my sentiments same with mr xxx. not much you can do for it.

there is some algae growth on the skeleton also.

my guess is, bleached, and slow tissue recession causing algae to grow on the skeleton.

Hi lemon, the hammer is already white when I bought it few months ago. It has been doing fine until recently I noticed that the right side is expanding lesser and lesser day by day. There is some algae on the skeleton. Should I brush it with a toothbrush? Afraid it'll just stress it more.

So do you think its confirm up lorry? Any way to save it? Its the first hammer I got, very sad to see it like this. :(

• Senior Reefer
Hi lemon, the hammer is already white when I bought it few months ago. It has been doing fine until recently I noticed that the right side is expanding lesser and lesser day by day. There is some algae on the skeleton. Should I brush it with a toothbrush? Afraid it'll just stress it more.

So do you think its confirm up lorry? Any way to save it? Its the first hammer I got, very sad to see it like this. :(

it could already been bleach abit when you got it. then maybe the condition worsened and it started to receed. im not sure if its salvagable. most of the time is mine is like this it ends up dying eventually

• SRC Member

The tank will be standalone, and not connected to the main tank. However lighting poses a problem.

I bought a 2ft DIY T5 kit from DE. The lightset will be shared with the main tank and mushroom tank.

Here's the current situation of my lighting now.

post-13947-1251490864.jpg

• SRC Member

Next DIY project: To DIY a light rack to share between the 2 tanks. Also to get proper lightings for my algae scrubber.

2 pieces of wood that I've kept long time ago in case I had to use it for another DIY light project. Turned out that I was right. :D

post-13947-1251491074.jpg

• SRC Member

i think the right side of your hammer can't be saved already judging from how much it receded from the skeleton. the same thing happened to one of my torch heads. and i do agree with lemon on the bleaching issue

• SRC Member
i think the right side of your hammer can't be saved already judging from how much it receded from the skeleton. the same thing happened to one of my torch heads. and i do agree with lemon on the bleaching issue

Hi, I've since passed the hammer to another reefer in hopes that he can save the coral. :)

• SRC Member

bro, so how u gonna chill ur smaller tank?

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Hi, I've since passed the hammer to another reefer in hopes that he can save the coral. :)

I'm still praying everyday for it (: so hopefully it can be revived (:

anyway,

how's the mushie I passed you? doing good? Sorry about that night my office without air con :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
I'm still praying everyday for it (: so hopefully it can be revived (:

anyway,

how's the mushie I passed you? doing good? Sorry about that night my office without air con :X

No problem, the mushroom is doing great! It has expanded really huge and its now awaiting transfer into my mushroom tank. :)