my new tank!

terryansimon

• SRC Member

terry, u might want to leave more space between the rocks n glass coz if u want to use magnet cleaner or place corals if the gap too small u would have problem...

another thing, u might want some open bed space coz some stuff on open floor look nicer...

just my newbie opinion :peace:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a shot of my temperature and pH monitor.

temperature at 30deg. chiller not turned on mah. although when I turned the chiller on, temperature monitor accurately captured difference in temperature. (=

this monitor, named Aqua Sentry, can be bought from Petmart at a cheap price of $140. its a made in Singapore product, so replacement of parts will be damn easy. (=

So how do u find this Aqua Sentry pH ###### temperature probe? Does it give real time readings?

:thanks:

calibration cannot be avoid even on the most expensive top of the end units.

This is caused by the deteroiation in the sensor (dirty liquid junction etc).

Luckily my dennerle pH controller got indicator to remind me to calibrate it but I admit sometimes I'm plain too lazy to do it.

Is it easy to calibrate the aquasentry ph meter? how many calibration liquid you need? Might need to buy one.

• SRC Member
think I'll pop by Petmart tomorrow and ask. its one small sachet only. just dip the thing in and its done.

with the aid of a screw, you adjust the thing until its of pH 7.

dotn mean to ask a silly question... but where is petmat at and how do you get there.. what time you going??? :thanks:

since a pH monitoring device would cost a bomb, this made in Singapore product that can measure temperature as well...I might as well get it right? kill two birds with one stone literally (=

Benz...

not too sure yet. maybe in the afternoon. I'm going out with my ex for lunch as she waits for her car bumper to be painted. so I can't really confirm. but Petmart is in Serangoon North...right beside Rainbow.

• SRC Member

Hey man super nice tank.... Love your rockwork as it leaves lots of spaces for corals... Really really nice....

And your equipment... Oh my goodness so so advanced!! Really really cool....

How is it cycling so far? Are 3 market prawns too heavy for cycling?

Wish your tank all the best, man!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...