Which type of Doctor fish easy to keep ???

Regal

• SRC Member

Found that the Doctor fishes are difficult to keep ??? So which type for Doctor fish easy to keep , Normal , bio-colour ,Golden, Red sea, Hawaii ???? :unsure::unsure:

Any special requirments that must take note ???? :thanks:

• SRC Member

Unless you can acclimatize them to eat fish food or have enough stuff for them to peck from the fishes' body. Otherwise the answer is ALL... :(

All of them are difficult to be kept beyond a few months or even weeks.

• SRC Supporter

i keep 3times... both die on the nxt day,now this 1 lives for more than 2wks...as my main tank has some parasites i guess,

the redsea doctor fish feed on some corals i think.. saw it on the web someday ago.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

I think it is quite true. I had 2 doctor fishes last time and it didn't survive. Come to think of it, I think it did not eat. Now, the present one has been ard for more than a week, & I saw it eating food the other day. But most of the time, it is living on parasites off your fishes. Perhaps, if you have enough fishes in your tank, it may help it to survive? :huh:

• SRC Member

I have 2 blue/white doctor swimming in my tank.

Bot them from reb**n about 1 month ago. I must be quite fortunate to have them acclimatised . Didnt notice if they eat my fish food or not..but one of them always like to stay in a hole in my LR especially at night (must be sleeping there).

Also they must have been cleaning my Blue Tang. Got white spot clean until dont have. Come to think of it... this is my third tang.

The 1st 2 Tangs (blue and yellow) coma under white spot and that was b4 I have these 2 doctor fish. :D

• SRC Member

Long time :heh::heh::heh:

I have a red ea doctor and a normal cleaner wrasse for ard 11 months plus and still survivng consider long or not :lol::lol::lol:

11 Months plus ??? That consider very long ...... time..... Any special food to feed them ????? :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

i had one bi-color DF for over 6 months until i made a mistake of dumping in my 3 moray eels... :(

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

My all time favourite...

My intention to get a six to eight footer is all because of them as I wanna keep a school of them...

But up to now...still no confidence...even though I have kept quite a number of fussy fish successfully... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

My all time favourite...

My intention to get a six to eight footer is all because of them as I wanna keep a school of them...

But up to now...still no confidence...even though I have kept quite a number of fussy fish successfully... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

flub. since its your all time favourite...

urh. moorish idols. suitable for four feet tank or not? if I get. like. two only. or something. =\

• SRC Member
urh. moorish idols. suitable for four feet tank or not? if I get. like. two only. or something. =\

NO!!! Pls dun 'murder' anymore...I have killed one before and everytime I think of Moorish, my heart bleeds... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

I suffer from compulsive buying disorder but yet I restrained myself from buying one whenver i see them...got to get fellow reefers to tear my eyes off them... :lol:

Reef Lover...pls dun find me persistent but I really would like to know more...right to the very grain of sand if possible... :paiseh:

For a trade, I treat your whole family to my home-cooked best specialty dish?

or just name what you like to eat and I cook it... :P

I always think it is not just a matter of luck to keep Moorish for so long... :)