Nano Reef inspired from www.nano-reef.com

TayHongSiang

• SRC Member

better not to use ikea wood for 4ft bro. If I remember correctly, their max weight load cannot accomdate much, prob a nano tank at the most.

Think many of the fish shops do sell the standard 4x2x2 iron stands, can check them out before contacting Edmund.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
better not to use ikea wood for 4ft bro. If I remember correctly, their max weight load cannot accomdate much, prob a nano tank at the most.

Think many of the fish shops do sell the standard 4x2x2 iron stands, can check them out before contacting Edmund.

ok...but then i need to customise to make the height lower...those std ones in LFS may not have suitable ones...nonetheless will check the one in chinatown.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

I think nano tank also cannot ah... I bought those ikea bookshelf, put books only the shelf also crack into half within less than a week... immediately bring the broken one and receipt to complain... they replace one but advise not to put too heavy books... .i almost fainted on the spot!!!! LOL...

Book shelf cannot put too heavy books... wonder what is that then.... wahahaha....

• SRC Member
I think nano tank also cannot ah... I bought those ikea bookshelf, put books only the shelf also crack into half within less than a week... immediately bring the broken one and receipt to complain... they replace one but advise not to put too heavy books... .i almost fainted on the spot!!!! LOL...

Book shelf cannot put too heavy books... wonder what is that then.... wahahaha....

i just threw away an ikea book plus tv shelf...the wood is bending so badly the middle part is going to touch my floor soon.

CMI...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

why take the risk of having your entire fish tank smash on to the ground killing all fishes and corals just becos the ikea wood give way???

imagine dead prata/rics/duncan/acans!!!!

imagine $$ fly away...

imagine CO scold for making the house flooded

imagine clearing the water away

imagine mopping the floor till clean..

imagine slipping and falling when mopping floor..

then you tell yourself.. FML.. lol

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

My very 1st tank (almost 20 yrs back lol) was on a metal frame.

just gotta make sure it is those minimum 2 inch wide wrought iron. not those 1 inch used for fresh water.

If you take care of it, can prob last u 2 - 3 years easily.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Comycus: haha...if i can afford...but i m ok with iron...at least i get to see everything is running smoothly..that's the plus point.

Jacky: yup..will make sure my customised stand is meant for marine tanks. 2-3 yrs enough for me to consider another upgrade. Also dun know whether by then my CO wants to sell the flat and move to a bigger place....u know lah...women when they c their friends buy condo, they also want....

Updates:

1. Logistics more or less settled. Have contacted sgbros.

2. Wait for binosage reply to c whether sgbros can come on 27 feb morning.

3. CO has more or less approved...that's most impt.

4. Fresh n marine can customised the stand for me.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter
i just threw away an ikea book plus tv shelf...the wood is bending so badly the middle part is going to touch my floor soon.

CMI...

I can understand... hahaha.... at least yours never break into 2 like mine... wahaha.

Anyway, I used to engage a carpenter for my house reno, n the boss (Anthony) used to reef too. Mayb u want to check with him if he can give you a quote how much to custom make one for your tank?

Adman Deco, 6343 0330 but must warn that their pricing not cheap but confirm good quality during my house reno. : )

• SRC Member
I can understand... hahaha.... at least yours never break into 2 like mine... wahaha.

Anyway, I used to engage a carpenter for my house reno, n the boss (Anthony) used to reef too. Mayb u want to check with him if he can give you a quote how much to custom make one for your tank?

Adman Deco, 6343 0330 but must warn that their pricing not cheap but confirm good quality during my house reno. : )

budget really tight....coz i need to get new lightings...4ft is no joke compared to 2ft. Still have to order nsw and rocks and return pump, 2nd hand chiller + chiller pump....besides the stand. Skimmer probably will come later...have to c the compartment first...if not going for skimmer...will use refugium method...which means have to buy miracle mud...not cheap after adding all these things big n small...not using credit.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
ask you...where can i get iron stand made?

You can contact weiquan, 98335165 for a quote. He can do mild steel, stainless steel and wooden stands.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
budget really tight....coz i need to get new lightings...4ft is no joke compared to 2ft. Still have to order nsw and rocks and return pump, 2nd hand chiller + chiller pump....besides the stand. Skimmer probably will come later...have to c the compartment first...if not going for skimmer...will use refugium method...which means have to buy miracle mud...not cheap after adding all these things big n small...not using credit.

I believe you have the budget otherwise you wouldn't have thought of upgrading to a 422 tank... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
I believe you have the budget otherwise you wouldn't have thought of upgrading to a 422 tank... :eyebrow::whistle

haha...just trying not to spend too much on this new tank at one shot...very painful on my wallet ma.

Anyway, latest updates:

1. CO approved, chopped stamped confirmed! 4x2x2..no bullshit.

2. Confirmed collection from binosage office on 27Feb.

3. Check out LFS in chinatown for stand and call weiquan for quote. (today)

4. To confirm sgbros delivery. (today)

Cheers!

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
haha...just trying not to spend too much on this new tank at one shot...very painful on my wallet ma.

Anyway, latest updates:

Cheers!

Congratulations bro!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Anyway, latest updates:

Cheers!

Swee lah...Next time will see your GO display tank... :whistle:eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Swee lah...Next time will see your GO display tank... :whistle:eyebrow:

haha...no lah....i think i am going to be newbie all over again as i m very new to IOS system.

It's like going back to national service...can't imagine that.

moreover, this is a leap from a 2ft nano to a 4footer....i dun think i can change water every 2-3 days as wat i m doing now...lol

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
haha...no lah....i think i am going to be newbie all over again as i m very new to IOS system.

It's like going back to national service...can't imagine that.

moreover, this is a leap from a 2ft nano to a 4footer....i dun think i can change water every 2-3 days as wat i m doing now...lol

You can...Get Iwarna to deliver NSW to you every 2-3 days lor and do a 80% water change... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Supporter

Anyway, latest updates:

Cheers!

Oh, so u getting bro Bino's office 422 tank... I quite like that tank too... congrats... and happy setting up...: )

• SRC Member
Oh, so u getting bro Bino's office 422 tank... I quite like that tank too... congrats... and happy setting up...: )

yup...will be bringing back the cabinet also...just have to get wood paint and laquer to restore the condition.

i was already planning for a 3footer...but since bino has this offer and for past few days, no one take up...must well loh...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter
yup...will be bringing back the cabinet also...just have to get wood paint and laquer to restore the condition.

i was already planning for a 3footer...but since bino has this offer and for past few days, no one take up...must well loh...

yeah, between a 3 or 4 ft, i would just go for the 4 because after the overflow and stuff, 3 ft seems not much space left to do nice rock scaping (IMHO)... :)

Can't wait to see more pic after you restore the cabinet and tank... cheers

• SRC Member
yeah, between a 3 or 4 ft, i would just go for the 4 because after the overflow and stuff, 3 ft seems not much space left to do nice rock scaping (IMHO)... :)

Can't wait to see more pic after you restore the cabinet and tank... cheers

yup...a lot of DIY i will need to do...stay tune. My mind already planning how to lay out the rocks.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
yup...a lot of DIY i will need to do...stay tune. My mind already planning how to lay out the rocks.

Buy the gigantic rocks, 3ft x 1 ft size ones...Get 3 of them and you are 90% done with your scaping... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Buy the gigantic rocks, 3ft x 1 ft size ones...Get 3 of them and you are 90% done with your scaping... :whistle

lol....must well put one granite table inside the tank and place the corals on the table...lagi better.

jokes aside....will be planning two major rock scape on the left and right sides and the middle will be like a valley....resembling a cleavage.

l7304smr.jpg