roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
hehe..picture of the sump...one part clam viewing gallery..the other part macroalgae garden...

i not putting the tank in the balcony...so no cantilever-load bearing problems...hehe...

well you can't go further then a 6 footer just remember that but I guess those reefers don't really know what they're talking about in the first place. One says it's safe if it's not on a balcony and the other argues it is :sick: probably envious or something :lol: what ? 5 years of civil engineering school makes them an expert? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Just a tentative plan...may not go ahead in the end if things do not turn out as expected..but anyway, this is the first overhead draft of the main tank.... the blue are drainage pipes...the red is the return pipe...to be directed to the center of the tank spraying in 2 directions....making surface agitation..

with 2 brown tunzes creating underwater currents...

just wanna start a thread to log my progress on this project...

Bro ,

really dun understand y u need 2 tunze for FOWLR :blink::blink:

• SRC Member
i not putting the tank in the balcony...so no cantilever-load bearing problems...hehe...

well you can't go further then a 6 footer just remember that but I guess those reefers don't really know what they're talking about in the first place. One says it's safe if it's not on a balcony and the other argues it is :sick: probably envious or something :lol: what ? 5 years of civil engineering school makes them an expert? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Dun think too much about this issue lah...there are just too many characters out in this world...In every scenario...it takes two hands to clap... :)

Now yours is clapping with the instigators and it has made you upset...dun clap hands with them lor... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, how's your tank now? :rolleyes:

really envy you...got your dream fulfilled... :P

• SRC Member

bro roidan.... wah.. so fast wanna add a new tank huh.... me now thinkning of extending my one liao.... feel like getting an"extension of abt 6ft x 1.5ft x 2.5ft and then mate it with my existing tank.... somehow or other.. dunno leh... like me tank not big enough... do you get this feelin too?? :angel::angel:

May have to do this before I start stocking up.... still in two minds but really depends on year end got bonus or not.... :yeah:

• SRC Member
you know flubberina , you're someone I can count for support :bow::bow::thanks: You're right that theres too many characters out there commenting on outrages things in mind. Yeah , I am not going to clap hands with them and thats just what they want me to do :lol: I am happy with my tank and I have to remind myself of why I've gotten into this hobby in the first place :D By the way , I'm still in the process of adding LR's costing me a bomb! :D my dream is fullfilled...you're right :D:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

glad you took it in stride... :)

• SRC Member
geezers I just got my tank and you're getting another one?! CHAMPION! :P

well not exactly but just thinking abt it.... since i got the space.... kekeke.... and its kinda addititive... once you start cannot stop... oledi cost me some 4.5k... think if i wanna do me extension... might have to shelve out another 5k plus... :angel::yeah::yeah:

bro roidan.... wah.. so fast wanna add a new tank huh.... me now thinkning of extending my one liao.... feel like getting an"extension of abt 6ft x 1.5ft x 2.5ft and then mate it with my existing tank.... somehow or other.. dunno leh... like me tank not big enough... do you get this feelin too??  :angel:  :angel:

May have to do this before I start stocking up.... still in two minds but really depends on year end got bonus or not....  :yeah:

mate the 2 tanks...will be an interesting project also...keep us posted...hehe

no lah...just nothing to do...just plan the tank down in picture lor...wait scarly in the end no tank u guys disappointed..lol.. :P

Hmmm..build a highway to connect the two tanks...then the fishes can swim between the 2 tanks. Best if you can mount the highway on the ceiling above the living room..then after watching tv can look up and observe your fish swimming above..lol..tink i'm mad. :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

yea.. but would have to half empty my tank first... then drill a big hole for the fishes and water to do through... and i reckon that i would also need to modify my sump... and upgrade the pump to a high pressure one.. dunno if it would work or not... need to do some calculations.... cos have to join two 12mm glass with a hole.. say 16" in diameter.... hmmmm :heh:

what do you think???

• SRC Member

not confirm lah.....hehe...

anyway, how come no one post their views on the first and second pics of the tank..which one better? :unsure:

probably the first one... and then have a tunze at each end... should have enough currents hor.... ;)

if you want a FOWLR system, a Tunze isn't that necessary. utilising of a close loop system will be good. check out the one my friend did for me.

I'm not sure about internal circulation yet. haven't tested it yet *no fish how to test!*

but I can tell you that there is surface agitation all over. (=