Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

skimer in operation...actually tot of plumbing to the room behind..but too much work and skimmer outletpiping must always be from higher to lower...lowest point being the discharge into the sump.....

but all these piping quite ley chey ...decided to put beside my clam tank instead...sigh..wat an eyesore <_<

post-34-1076505627.jpg

what i like about this skimmer is that i can change the size and density of bubbles as well as flow rate through the skimmer...

i put a valve on an eheim 1260....which is rated at 2400litre/hour at zero ground....i got a flow rate of over 1000l/hr at the final head at around 1.2m.....almost 1400-1500l/hr which is above the suggested flow rate....

so i put in a flow valve....in case any emergency and i need to oxygenate the water fast...will turn to max water flow....

and also the clam valve given by H&S to grip the airline can vary the size of the bubbles...simple and effective :)

post-34-1076506007.jpg

wow lots of baby coco worms soon. Grow them big big can sell liao :P

Saw lots of them growing in my tank too. Hmm.. one sell $10 end up I am rich lol.

actually alot since some time back...which i suspect ###### all the calcium and alk levels to build their baby calcerous tubes..

i end up trying to scrape them away anyway...hehe

• SRC Member

dunno if they really can be aqua cultured..hehe...

What I meant is that I do not have black and purple adult ones but the 'offspring' comprises black and purple... :P

Still wondering how it could have happened... :rolleyes:

Purple queen dance???

yeah..EMERGENCY NOWWWWW

i went to check my skimmer...and i saw my CLAMS SPAWING!!!!

they keep triggering each other to spawn!!!!

bro maxima said before water quality will drop if too much....hope me aquaC and H&S can handle the spawning!!

will try to post pics of clams spawning!! :yeah: