Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bro, you are the "Roman Abramovich" of Tank owner, the way you purchase these expen$ive Gems weekly to build your Dream Tank/team. Looks like your "Transfer window" got no closing restriction hoh ? :D

aiyo...

no lah..if i am roman abramovich..i'll buy a pacific island and have all the fishes there that i want liao...lol...

maybe i bought this fish to celebrate man u's defeat :lol::off::lol:

post-34-1077787929.jpg

Well agree that we are all learning in one way or another. Just that I started later.

Didnt have the $$$ otherwise I would have gone for 4ft straight. Anyway for the newbies, seeing all the seniors impressive tank is a source of motivation.

Its an expensive hobby and I see alot of ppl constantly upgrading. Just need to keep expenditure in check so that my wife (FC) doesnt kick me in the ###### :yeah::idea:

Well agree that we are all learning in one way or another. Just that I started later.

Didnt have the $$$ otherwise I would have gone for 4ft straight. Anyway for the newbies, seeing all the seniors impressive tank is a source of motivation.

Its an expensive hobby and I see alot of ppl constantly upgrading. Just need to keep expenditure in check so that my wife (FC) doesnt kick me in the ######  :yeah:  :idea:

actually my personal view is that ...4ft is the sweet spot ...

not too big...not too small....even equipment, running cost is also acceptable....

tat is why i encourage as little upgrading as possible because along the way...alot of money is lost...

but then again..usually all of us face budget constraint, so no choice but to slowly upgrade when feel more confident and budget less tight...

especially when there are other financial priorities in life like household expenditure, children's fees...all very considerable...especially for married bros here....not to mention other things like car instalments...insurance policies... :sick:

I like my 4ft tank. I can't find any reason to upgrade to a 6ft tank. just that 2ft extention in length means a four to six times increase of cost in terms of procuring equipment. and water. and salt. and rocks. and the works.

long of the short of it. 4ft is just nice for Singapore's little HDB homes.

actually my personal view is that ...4ft is the sweet spot ...

not too big...not too small....even equipment, running cost is also acceptable....

tat is why i encourage as little upgrading as possible because along the way...alot of money is lost...

but then again..usually all of us face budget constraint, so no choice but to slowly upgrade when feel more confident and budget less tight...

especially when there are other financial priorities in life like household expenditure, children's fees...all very considerable...especially for married bros here....not to mention other things like car instalments...insurance policies... :sick:

totally agree with you, is about confident and experience, if not expensive LS mati....heartache :cry2:

eh roidan.

how many anthias you have in your tank? and what type? can describe a little bit more. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I counted 14 bartlets. then again, I'm a bit blind today.

no lah..where got so many bartletts...

only 1 bartlett....a few dispars....1 princess and the rest all purple queens...also the shy shy fatheads

quite alot...lost count also...

tat's why once i got rid of half my refugium, cyano came very fast because not exporting as fast as i am putting in through food and the metabolic wastes of the fishes....

now still fighting...really regret throwing half the refugium away that time :cry2:

still a few weeks more to peak export amount again....the algae are gathering mass already :)

can pass me some macroalgae? I'm having a bit of a problem with my diatom growth. got 8 DAs now and 1 bartlet. a bit sian 1/2 seeing brown all over.

when they grow back to full volume and i dun see any cyano or diatoms then i can harvest some to you lor...meanwhile i also hoping they grow faster.....even use 150 watt MH to light them...