Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wanted to put in the ev400...that's why i made the cupboard this high...hehehe

but in the end edmund had immediate stocks for ev240...which i havent regret...coz the ev400 will also mean needing a higher powered pump....

but either way, having a taller cabinet will give you more space to maneuveur while doing maintenance to the sump

• SRC Member
yeah..haha..

but hor..u think about it...even normal height tanks....you will need ladder for full access to the tank also mah...so not much hassle using ladders lah...hehee

I've a tank that is that tall, and my ladder just became it's partner eventually.....too lazy to keep! :pinch:

Ermm... would like to ask wat pump you using for your Ev 240...

er..think i just posted..

laguna utility 5 pump..

4850l/hr at zero head using 55w.....

but once pushing at height, lose a lot of flow....not suitable for a return pump in my opinion...

but the wattage consumption quite attractive..hehe

if using the flowrate/tank volume ratio, the skimmer would have process the whole water volume about 8 times every hour.... :blink:

yeah..thats why i think before the dissolved organics got chance to break down...all genna skimmed up liao..

coz in perfect situation....4850l/hr divided by tank volume about 600l.....about 8 times per hour...

hehehe.....but of coz due to hose and injector pressure losses, the turnover should be less lor....but still highly efficient in my opinion..

so far i only saw the utility 5...it's at the shop in downtown east....go check it out :)

OKaie... the S****star aquarium huh... thkz bro..

yeah....

and the price very good for this european pump...less than $100...can't remember how much...

and the shaft is ceramic...so no problems with rusting....i also read in this forum that some bros using and recommend it...so i went to try..

if i am not wrong, bro cedric was the one :)

EV-240 actually needs a pump that can do about 750-800 gph at 6' head.

So if your pump can meet the specs then it means a flow thru rate of 550 gph.

The actual turnover rate by the skimmer also depends on the sump turnover rate.

yeah..quite true....

but as long as it works...no matter wat flow rate hor...hehehe

coz yazid using a 3000plus l/hr powerhead if i am not wrong to run the same skimmer and it works as well for him :)