roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah lor...

i understand the disappointment if go down and all those stuff i want are put on reservation...

but then again....if i had gone down at 10am to make full payment and then tell them i want to collect at night...and you make a trip there in the afternoon to find out all have been bought/reserved by me....would you feel better? :unsure:

aiya...i should have just dragged myself there this morning and buy straightaway to bring home...then at least you go there see empty tank not as bad as a tank that is on reservation...

paiseh...my apologies :bow:

anyway, this reservation issue aside...

just want to feedback that the sallyfoot crabs are really eating algae as fast or even faster than the green emerald mithrax crabs....

the movements are very nimble...no wonder they are called lightfoot crabs....

i suggest those bros who want to try emerald crabs to try this sally light foot crab also....

much cheaper...and probably as efficient or more efficient than emerald crabs...

but one bad point, they can be quite big....may grow up to 3 to 4inches wide....

Anyway, thanks bro eaquarist for the crabs...sorry if caused any inconvenience or misunderstanding with your customers :bow::(:bow:

Hehe..so it was you Roidan! I was standing next to you only... :evil: You left some out on the lionfish side...enough for me to try.. :lol:

yeah..around 3 plus right? cant remember the exact time also....

er...you wearing blue tshirt issit, bro fuel?

yeah..i just pop in for the crabs and then went off liao...hehe..

some of them went to the next cubicle with the lionfish side like you said....hehehe....

so how's it in your tank? eating alot of algae right? :)

post-34-1078059607.jpg

I was wearing black shirt n jeans. Carrying a red plastic bag. ;) Hmm..hard to spot the sally lightfoots in my rockwork..so far can see 1...bought 2 rainfordi also..now only see 1..hopefully the other one did'nt get 'pistoled'. :angel:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

i think its a long term residence for them liao....

coz i find algae growing on the clam shells...but as you can see in the pics.. the shells quite clean...coz yesterday i took all of them out to brush the algae off the shells in the bathroom whereas my gf was scraping the glass of the clam tank and tidying up the sandbed....

really backbreaking exercise...and the amount of shells i have to go through :sick:

looks very good! But mine with the P6000 only gives these foam. Water level already adjusted at the level of the foam tower.

This is with the P6000 installed externally. Maybe need to put in sump then can get your results.

BTW already packed up the untidy wiring, all went into the 2ft cabinet :P

post-34-1078065048.jpg

then it goes into a reducer to use a 16/22 tubing to go into the aquaC .....

you see ah...u use md55 to get the kind of foam that i can do with the P6000..and somemore you got to dial back the air flow...means over powered the pump liao..meaning waste more electricity to do the same thing also....maybe the way the skimmer is positioned cause this difference?

as for letting me test your pump...u know me...i scared cross contamination...especially now got sensitive specimens in my tank..hehehe

you try to close the valve till only a finger can go through...clean the chamber....and see if it can foam like mine or not...give it a try :)

post-34-1078066073.jpg

only single tubing used right? No adaptors.

I think if you using ehiem tubing then it is 19/25mm or something like that but ID is 19mm.

Which hose fitting did you use? cos the P6000 comes out with 25mm threads.

I really hesitate to put the pump in sump because did to do some major re-arrangment and my sump got no holes. Maybe need to get someone to come drill my sump but the glass is only 6mm. Cos ideally I wanna all my pumps to run externally.

I've tried to close the gate valve but once I try to push the foam up, the water will rise into the foam tower, really head paint man :P

When water raise up the foam tower means I already close more than you already.

See how liao, got time then I go rearrange the sump. I just scared I got a "defective" one.