Mitlancer's "Miracle" Atlantis Walll Mount

mitlancer

• SRC Supporter
Ahhh, the IKEA ones, I saw it last Saturday. I dun think the lumen is sufficient. Was considering to add on with my T5 to increase the intensity.

Actually, I got a daily additives dosage routine plan, each day dosage different elements, I still dun really trust one bottle of Reef Complete compared to those individual ones. Mayb you want to consider Tropic Marine Coral K+ and Coral A- Elements and Pro Coral Mineral. Currently I am dosing these 3 (after WC) with another brand ReefMax for the PH buffer, Calcium, Strontium, Iodide and Magnesium on an element each day. Also, another brand which I can't remember for beneficial bacteria for the fish health (against Ich) and to remove sludge. Cost quite a lot to purchase all at a go but then, this is how I maintain my water.

Wah, Tampines quite far from me. Right at the opposite end... hahaha. Me at Jurong lah. If I go Pasir Ris farm, I let u know and see if can visit u...: )

Or if you at LCK, come and look for me...

I just remember, its Tropical Science Marine Max and Marine Clean for the bacteria. Not too expensive ones, but yet find it quite useful.

Check it out here:

http://www.tsbiolabs.com/product_p/mcl-320.htm

• SRC Supporter

Some updates on the pics :)

Duncan (3 heads + 1 baby head)

post-14772-1255531245_thumb.jpg

post-14772-1255531264_thumb.jpg

Unknown Zoa, anyone knows?

post-14772-1255531343_thumb.jpg

under blue leds

post-14772-1255531387_thumb.jpg

Pinkish and Greenish Speckled Zoas (red)

post-14772-1255531422_thumb.jpg

under blue leds (but can't seem to carry out the colour)

post-14772-1255531499_thumb.jpg

haha.. this sat going to a different kind of farm..... bring my kids to feed the goats/rabbits/chicken etc. u want to join??? LOL... :lol:

The goat farm feeding area is closed to public already right?

Went there 2 times early this year but both times closed.

I think they have stopped letting public get to close to the animals.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Supporter
those r nt rainbows they look more like gobstoppers.

rainbow is bro ah lee one haha..

err, i bought mine from bro Ah Lee....... this rock i holding is from him in fact. Any mis-communication? But definitely he told me its rainbow.

• SRC Supporter
The goat farm feeding area is closed to public already right?

Went there 2 times early this year but both times closed.

I think they have stopped letting public get to close to the animals.

Yes, they closed that section liao. I am checking out the Seletar farmway 5 (near Jalan Kayu). There got some poultry n small animals, so will be good for kids outdoor learning. Go check it out.

• SRC Supporter
Thats where puzzle me. Since regular wc, y still nd dose all those stuff? I tot seawater already got all those stuff. So u not using reef complete Liao?

IMHO, the NSW does have the elements but may not be the substantial amount required for your tank's need. Example if you have more LPS, then the calcium level from NSW dun think is sufficient. I tried to measure immediately after WC and noticed the Calcium level is below 400ppm. So tat's y, I prefer to dose some amount to maintain at a suitable level.

My reef complete is still in use but now only for my Pico tank. Only 1.5 galloon, with only zoas, 2 mushrooms and 3 sexy shrimps. So no point to do those individual dosage, just dose Reef Complete to keep the LS happy.

Anyway, I am still learning and experimenting around. May be wrong though but just enjoying this learning journey. : )

• SRC Member
IMHO, the NSW does have the elements but may not be the substantial amount required for your tank's need. Example if you have more LPS, then the calcium level from NSW dun think is sufficient. I tried to measure immediately after WC and noticed the Calcium level is below 400ppm. So tat's y, I prefer to dose some amount to maintain at a suitable level.

My reef complete is still in use but now only for my Pico tank. Only 1.5 galloon, with only zoas, 2 mushrooms and 3 sexy shrimps. So no point to do those individual dosage, just dose Reef Complete to keep the LS happy.

Anyway, I am still learning and experimenting around. May be wrong though but just enjoying this learning journey. : )

So any intention of getting another tank??? :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Supporter
So any intention of getting another tank??? :D

haha.. very tempted, but no budget, the 2 kids had been taking turns to fall sick until going broke soon. See PD this month alone already can buy a small chiller liao lor!!!!

Even more than my car monthly instalment... sigh..... I need to strike TOTO or 4D to supplement this month liao... hahaha....

• SRC Member
haha.. very tempted, but no budget, the 2 kids had been taking turns to fall sick until going broke soon. See PD this month alone already can buy a small chiller liao lor!!!!

Even more than my car monthly instalment... sigh..... I need to strike TOTO or 4D to supplement this month liao... hahaha....

Get a small 2x2x2 tank lor... :eyebrow:

Then u can put many corals and fishes in it... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Supporter
Get a small 2x2x2 tank lor... :eyebrow:

Then u can put many corals and fishes in it... :whistle

i was showing my wife on this 3 ft Giemen tank in the pasar Malam section, $800 for all the equipments are really great... even measured the pillar where i intend to put up... she just keep quiet... then I betta not bring up the issue liao... wahahaha..... u know la, women are very strange, keep quiet doesn't mean agree or disagree... <_<

• SRC Member
i was showing my wife on this 3 ft Giemen tank in the pasar Malam section, $800 for all the equipments are really great... even measured the pillar where i intend to put up... she just keep quiet... then I betta not bring up the issue liao... wahahaha..... u know la, women are very strange, keep quiet doesn't mean agree or disagree... <_<

hahahahahaha...My wife also the same...but I guess I'll still get a 3x2x2 tank in November... :D

Since she never say cannot...I take it as ok lor... :yeah:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Supporter
hahahahahaha...My wife also the same...but I guess I'll still get a 3x2x2 tank in November... :D

Since she never say cannot...I take it as ok lor... :yeah:

ahahaha... good for u bro!!! Bravo!! U R THE MAN!!!! YEAH.....

:eyebrow:

• SRC Supporter
err, i bought mine from bro Ah Lee....... this rock i holding is from him in fact. Any mis-communication? But definitely he told me its rainbow.

yea its rainbow to me too.

maybe bro amby see something we miss out.

then again, gobstopper look so different from zoaid.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

update as at 20th October....

nothing much or new added... no molah..... 4d never strike, TOTO only strike 2 + 1 = no $$, worse, continually losing streak in soccer market..... sob sob sob....

Green Star Polys got it together with Black Face and Armour of God....

post-14772-1256354992_thumb.jpg

post-14772-1256355026_thumb.jpg

post-14772-1256355125_thumb.jpg

Hope this pic of Rainbow is more prominent.....

post-14772-1256355094_thumb.jpg

• SRC Supporter

Well, this update before my 1.5 weeks reservist from Monday... keeping my fingers crossed that nothing major will screw up during my absence... sob.. will have to depend on my dad and wife to do the maintenance.....

Got this from LCK last Sunday... met Bro Mercedes there... n chatted a while... nice reefer. :)

Still can't really ID the zoa though. Any kind soul to advice will be most appreciated.

post-14772-1256967123_thumb.jpg Under normal light

post-14772-1256967179_thumb.jpg Under Blue LEDs.

My Blue Hornets still around but not getting fatter... hope it doesn't melt away like the other bros.... :(

post-14772-1256967220_thumb.jpg

Front tip of my Bukit Zoas....

post-14772-1256967276_thumb.jpg

Middle section of Bukit Zoas....

post-14772-1256967457_thumb.jpg

Final section of Bukit Zoas.....

post-14772-1256967500_thumb.jpg

Full Tank Shot before my reservist, hope will be still the same when I return home....

post-14772-1256967537_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Recently noticed one of my spotted red mushrooms has 2 heads!!!! Is this normal or rare???? Or issit about to split???

Taken with Flash:

post-14772-1256967809_thumb.jpg

Taken without Flash:

post-14772-1256967845_thumb.jpg

Hi mitlancer,

good do with yout atlantis tank. it is also normal for mushrooms having 2 heads and i believe it is splitting.

happy reefing mitlancer

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter
Hi mitlancer,

good do with yout atlantis tank. it is also normal for mushrooms having 2 heads and i believe it is splitting.

happy reefing mitlancer

Hey thanks for the advice Bro Law... :)

Aiyo, if splitting more, headache leh... that rock is so full of mushies... liao.. mayb time to frag and sell, provided if anyone wants.... haha...

• SRC Member
Hey thanks for the advice Bro Law... :)

Aiyo, if splitting more, headache leh... that rock is so full of mushies... liao.. mayb time to frag and sell, provided if anyone wants.... haha...

let it split and grow, your rock still got some free space. your rock will look better when ur mushies are all covering the rock. so dun worry about that.

cheers

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter
let it split and grow, your rock still got some free space. your rock will look better when ur mushies are all covering the rock. so dun worry about that.

cheers

Haha... thanks... hope it grows then...

Keeping fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks......

In future, if she is in a good mood, her silence then means consent.

If she is in a bad moon, ummmm better don't bring this topic up lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!