How to increase PH

zodiac

• SRC Member
Well lotsa site recommends 8.3-8.4. But adding buffers also got one disadvantage. if the PH climb for some reason, very hard to bring down. :(

It depends on the type of buffer. Seachem pH buffer only raise the pH to 8.3 and stop there.

• SRC Member

Anybody got experience with Kent Marine PH Buffer?

Got to buy a Ph test kit! Kanna mis-lead that a kh test kit can also measure Ph ^%#$%^@%^ :( Only get to know recently from a tread here! :shock:

• SRC Member
May i know how do you guys increase PH? Are there any effecive methods? I find it difficult to attain 8.3. The best i did was 8.2.

I have the same problem. Now I'm adding like 10 teaspoons of ph buffer per week and still ph level is hovering around 8.0. :o Someone told me it is due to overstocking of fishes, how ture?

• SRC Member

Think i am not the only one in this forum who use baking soda to raise KH.... bro RockyBoy & terryansimon, fyi, my fish is not "rocking all the way" yet. They still living happy in my tank now... <_<<_<

i have been used baking soda to increase my KH and maintain my PH at 8.0~8.3 for 1 yr + liao.... so far so good..... bro woonming, can share the source where you get this info from for my reference?? thanks in advance. :):)