Clam on sand bay.

Donaldcoolwater

• Senior Reefer

How deep is ur sand bed? Usually i see ppl bury their sand deep in the sand bed to secure it. If ur sand bed too shallow, maybe can place it on a rock near the sand. But make sure it doesnt fall.

• Senior Reefer
The sand bed is 4".

But will the movement of the clam (opening and closeing) they blow on the sand. :angry:

oh lol. i never keep clam before, coz i dun have MH. i dont think my flourescent light is enuf to keep it. But i always see ppl put clam on sand. =( dunno how to help u sorry

• SRC Member

if the clams keep shifing their positions, it means they do not like the current position and will try to shift themselves to a preferred angle..

however if u are keeping the clams on sand, u might wanna place a base rock to let the clam stick to the rock first, den bury the rock inside the sand.. tha way, the clam will be more stable, and at the same time protected from worms in the sand..

that was how i did for my clams on sand.. hope that helps..