Need help in setting up a nano tank

snaper

i am using longan basket mesh and also the one that me and bro wilson shared... can check out his thread...

yeah.. you can have some of them.. i got like 5 of the longan basket.. hahaha.. think the size will be just nice for you as well.. =]

Hehehe...so left the basket only....the longan alleaten already ah....just kidding... :rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hehehe...so left the basket only....the longan alleaten already ah....just kidding... :rolleyes:

hahaha... can say so.. actually is not i eat one.. some neighbour wanna dispose them so i ask if i can have them instead.. hahah...

dun worry have cleaned up the baskets already.. so you can use anytime... also, they are extremely easy to cut.. can check with bro wilson.. he've seen them.. hahah

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Well infact intend to...but dont know weather can proceed or not...it is hardwork though and i like to Diy things,

this is just a mock up and if its work will off course will change the outlook and im intend to use other material

instead of acrylic...maybe fibre...anyway will have to test if it works...

Thanks bro....

acrylic is okie lah... make it look simple, and offer at a irresistible price. You'll find yourself making millions in no-time.

btw, if you can make it work by both gravity and pump use, it'll be super!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

hahaha... can say so.. actually is not i eat one.. some neighbour wanna dispose them so i ask if i can have them instead.. hahah...

dun worry have cleaned up the baskets already.. so you can use anytime... also, they are extremely easy to cut.. can check with bro wilson.. he've seen them.. hahah

Hehehe.... just kidding only...

acrylic is okie lah... make it look simple, and offer at a irresistible price. You'll find yourself making millions in no-time.

Ya acrylic make it look simple and for the price wise it is about the same as fibre though as i can make use of my

mock up scrubber as a mould....for mine now im going to make use of my return pump 3000l/h to supply

to my scrubber and use the valve to control the require flow needed for the scrubber...no need to use additional

pump....and the return from the scrubber will flow back to the main tank....

Rgds

Did some Diy on the scrubber for my tank..not very good outlook though and have yet to test

as im still searching for the screen...and will run it while my tank is still in the cycling process.

hey bro, your diy scrubber look NICE!! u shl diy few more set n sell, i believe many reffer will get benefit from that... i will be your first customer!!! haha.. anyway can pm mi the whole cost 4 this??

hey bro, your diy scrubber look NICE!! u shl diy few more set n sell, i believe many reffer will get benefit from that... i will be your first customer!!! haha.. anyway can pm mi the whole cost 4 this??

Not really that nice lah bro..just a simple Diy only and need some hard work though...

intend to do so but need to test first if its works...

• SRC Member
Not really that nice lah bro..just a simple Diy only and need some hard work though...

intend to do so but need to test first if its works...

looks like it will work.. haha.. think u should use a plastic sheet to cover your bulb.. just in case water splash.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Hi pauline, here is the exact Dimension of my scrubber

post-3167-1234366944.jpg

Infact it can be done, for those who have build in IOS system can meke use of the overflow part to direct

the flow to the scrubber and for those who have sump can make use of the down pipe to supply flow

to the scrubber by using the gate valve to determine the require flow needed for the scrubber and a

the balance will direct to the sump

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Hi pauline, here is the exact Dimension of my scrubber

Looks like more and more ppl is using algae scrubbers... :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Yesterday got some branches Lr from bro mag and remove all the dead rock

and dump in all the branches lr..need to do a new scaping and will give

away some of the unwanted branches lr

your hairy mushroom put one corner whereby there is no flow better...it is not opening up...

l7304smr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...