vitamin C

ambystoma82

• SRC Member
hi sis ming, mind telling me where to get and how much?

i'm dosing magnesium ascorbate powder now... concentration according to the nutrition table is lower... 1 teaspoon only 2135mg... got algae boom now but might be because of my heavy feeding...

just up from 5ppm to 10ppm yesterday... all my zoas their skirting like extending shorter? dunno. maybe its just me... will observe a few more days.

am trying to cure a colony of zoas that has shrunken after the tank shifting... have another colony of zoa from hk that is always not fully open too. trying to see if vit c will help..

Hi Mark, the product is the one in the first post:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?p...293197697039798

I ordered a small bulk from iherb to maximise the savings and shared with some bros here :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't expect any immediate results so I didn't take pics, but the "before" state of the zoa was not much better than the pic I posted, not an exaggeration, cos I didn't change water or tinkle with the tank at all besides moving that piece of zoa further back cos a snail pushed him around. The main difference I noticed was not the better colours, but the skirts around the polyps were opening up symmetrically in a perfect circle, previously, they were all lopped sided and of irregular shapes.

I don't know how to explain, but basically a couple hours after dosing, they all closed up 100% as if lights were off, then one by one over a few hours, they opened slightly to vomit small blobs of black goo, before blooming 100% again with better colours. I can't say it was the vitamin c for sure, it could be a perfect coincidence resulting from something else, but my finger is pointed at the most obvious "culprit".

I hope this means I will have better luck with zoas from now on :lol:

]they close n open to simulate metabolism.. n digesting..

err.. but if close liao nv open then mati liao lolx.

• SRC Member
i seriously tink u nid to order some more soonz..

Who? Me?? I only use up 1/2 teaspoon nia! Don't saboh me leh, later everyone bomb my PM hahahaha. :eyebrow:

I think there is 15% discount for orders above a certain amount, and 50% off shipping for orders above USD$200 or something like that. I don't mind ordering in future if there is enough interest, but it is the collection that's the problem.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Who? Me?? I only use up 1/2 teaspoon nia! Don't saboh me leh, later everyone bomb my PM hahahaha. :eyebrow:

I think there is 15% discount for orders above a certain amount, and 50% off shipping for orders above USD$200 or something like that. I don't mind ordering in future if there is enough interest, but it is the collection that's the problem.

ya loh

collection having prob..always..

mayb u shld jsut fixed a location n time so every1 just accomodate..

Mai tu liao! :eyebrow:

haha count me in oso

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

intially thought the vitamin C to boost the colour of corals were some specially formulated ones...

after reading the posts, realised that its those daily vitamin Cs that all of us consume! haha...

would like to hear more advice on vitamin C dosing before I try it..

any success stories?

i wanna improve the colour of my zoos...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• 1 year later...

Just to bump up the thread for those going into Zoas...

RC Thread

Dosage Calculator

It is proven to work and I just started doing it again for my new tank... The zoas will reproduce like mad and expand more and the color get better and more solid..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

i have also started dosing Vit C daily now for my angel fish tank. This supplement will help to boost up the overall health of your fish and corals just like what vit C do to human being ..thumbsup.gif

i have also started dosing Vit C daily now for my angel fish tank. This supplement will help to boost up the overall health of your fish and corals just like what vit C do to human being ..thumbsup.gif

Yeah, If not wrong, it is good for recovery of fins and wounds for the fishes...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Just to bump up the thread for those going into Zoas...

RC Thread

Dosage Calculator

It is proven to work and I just started doing it again for my new tank... The zoas will reproduce like mad and expand more and the color get better and more solid..

What brand of VC are you dosing? powder or liquid form?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

HI bro, may i know you are dosing which brand of vit c to your angel tank and where can i get it?

thanks