Lemon's tank!

yikai

I realize that some of my zoas with pox, only a small portion (centre) has been affected and died. The other 2 end of the frags are ok and healthy.

will the ok ones be affected later? should I cut them up, throw away the centre portion and keep the 2 ends separately?

Hello Jacky,

It's better if you are willing to part with the infected ones, buy CoralRx or TLF Revive (from RD) and give them a good dip before introduction into the tank.

The likelihood for the zoapox to spread is quite high. Think about it as a "bank run", if one bank fails, the chance of us humans rushing to our respective intermediaries to withdraw our savings etc is quite high! Same goes for zoas! One zoa stress will ring the alarm for the others to raise their sensitivities and perhaps get zoapox.

And zoapox is not the end of the world. It's the signal by the zoas themselves to tell us that they are stressed!

Usually for shipment days, I prefer to see the zoas then buy. We are not tycoons so tee-kum or not, haha, better be sure then buy and compare with bali zoas, eagle eyes are quite fragile! So not so wise to buy them on shipment days unless guarantee won't rot, but that's like quite hard to say :S

Anyway nice bumping into you Lemon at Irwana! How do you like the PBT? Shiok sia! I didn't spot there was a fish there! haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer
Hello Jacky,

It's better if you are willing to part with the infected ones, buy CoralRx or TLF Revive (from RD) and give them a good dip before introduction into the tank.

The likelihood for the zoapox to spread is quite high. Think about it as a "bank run", if one bank fails, the chance of us humans rushing to our respective intermediaries to withdraw our savings etc is quite high! Same goes for zoas! One zoa stress will ring the alarm for the others to raise their sensitivities and perhaps get zoapox.

And zoapox is not the end of the world. It's the signal by the zoas themselves to tell us that they are stressed!

Usually for shipment days, I prefer to see the zoas then buy. We are not tycoons so tee-kum or not, haha, better be sure then buy and compare with bali zoas, eagle eyes are quite fragile! So not so wise to buy them on shipment days unless guarantee won't rot, but that's like quite hard to say :S

Anyway nice bumping into you Lemon at Irwana! How do you like the PBT? Shiok sia! I didn't spot there was a fish there! haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

nice meeting you too mark! haha. yeah was kinda tired after school so was quite sian haha. otherwise would have chatted with you regarding zoas and SPS. yeah i didnt know there was a PBT there! was asking aunty for a small one and she said there was one in the cube. so went to see and there she was. abit skinny lah...needs some fattening up.

nice meeting you too mark! haha. yeah was kinda tired after school so was quite sian haha. otherwise would have chatted with you regarding zoas and SPS. yeah i didnt know there was a PBT there! was asking aunty for a small one and she said there was one in the cube. so went to see and there she was. abit skinny lah...needs some fattening up.

throw in some CNY goodies lah! like abalones, sharks fin, buddha jumps over wall, drunken prawns, soft shell crab in glass noodles etc! confirm pui pui to welcome everyone! haha :P

well we can always catch up again at Irwana (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hey Yi Kai, what are the chances of an elegance getting back its brown after being badly bleached? Its almost transparent but till has a tinge of brown and some neon streaks.

Any experiences that you can share?

Got one very "healthy specimen", fully extended tentacles, long and thin, main body full. Its been in their tank for the longest period since i last remember.

pls advice!

• Senior Reefer
Hey Yi Kai, what are the chances of an elegance getting back its brown after being badly bleached? Its almost transparent but till has a tinge of brown and some neon streaks.

Any experiences that you can share?

Got one very "healthy specimen", fully extended tentacles, long and thin, main body full. Its been in their tank for the longest period since i last remember.

pls advice!

feed it more, dose some iodine, and hope for the best. place it in a shadier place, but not in complete shade. and hope for the best

feed it more, dose some iodine, and hope for the best. place it in a shadier place, but not in complete shade. and hope for the best

With meaty food? or phytoplankton? yea its on the sand bed in a shady area. K hope for the best!

• Senior Reefer
With meaty food? or phytoplankton? yea its on the sand bed in a shady area. K hope for the best!

meaty food. phytoplankton is useless for stronger stinging corals like elegance.

• SRC Member

Lemon, I love your corals, love your fishes.. AIM TARGET.. CHEONGZ! Your powder blue seems to be doing well in your tank! * envy* !

btw u feed your elegence with market prawns once a week I presume?

:thanks: Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, I love your corals, love your fishes.. AIM TARGET.. CHEONGZ! Your powder blue seems to be doing well in your tank! * envy* !

btw u feed your elegence with market prawns once a week I presume?

:thanks: Desi

Thanks desi!

powder blue is feeding very well. but not as well as i would like. he eats very little pellets compared to nori and mysis. but that's ok, its gaining weight and as long as its feeding, the pellets will come naturally.

he's having some ich now, as most powder blues would in a reef tank. but will let him toughen it up like all my other fishes.

nope i don't feed market prawns to any of my corals. don't need to. market prawns, unless fed in tiny tiny pieces, will be detrimental to LPS in the long run. since they do no good unless in small pieces, i just feed mysis or henry's food, which essentially, is just as good.

i do however, feed my tank with small chunks of market prawns once a week. but this is for the fishes. watching them zoom around and rip the small pieces of prawn to shreds is so interesting to watch. especially for the wrasses which will actually bite it and rub against the rocks to shred it.

• SRC Member
all opened up and pulsing. :) Hope they do well this time.

their seemingly healthy physic will have you fooled. these guys die anytime they want.

wow.. very nice pulsing xenia..(pom pom) they come all in 1 piece... ??

• Senior Reefer
wow.. very nice pulsing xenia..(pom pom) they come all in 1 piece... ??

yes that's 1 rock. got it from iwarna. this shipment of pompom xenias is the best i've seen. yet sadly sometimes they die still for no reason. haha. trying again..