Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
Be careful not to fall into the tank! :upsidedown:

A little reference for you to read. Top-down photography

Yup, best method is to use an viewing box to shoot through, Muji sells some clear acrylic display boxes that would work. Eliminates the ripples and distortion. Been trying to find a suitable one to fit my lens, but quite frankly I don't think I'll have the guts to put my camera equipment anywhere near the water surface, not worth the effort and risk hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter
Yup, best method is to use an viewing box to shoot through, Muji sells some clear acrylic display boxes that would work. Eliminates the ripples and distortion. Been trying to find a suitable one to fit my lens, but quite frankly I don't think I'll have the guts to put my camera equipment anywhere near the water surface, not worth the effort and risk hahaha.

Bro, what camera are u using? SLR or digi cam? I m now looking for a lens for real close up shoots... using Canon E450 SLR. The kit lens is really limited..... Any recommendation???

: (

• SRC Member
Bro, what camera are u using? SLR or digi cam? I m now looking for a lens for real close up shoots... using Canon E450 SLR. The kit lens is really limited..... Any recommendation???

: (

Nikon user here :P

You mean Canon EOS 450D right? Can try the Tamron 90mm macro, cheap and good, I think should have canon mount. I sold off my nikon 60mm macro lens long ago cos I don't use it enough to justify the cost.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Nice Elegance bro.... hope your Elegance can last long... n not like mine.... sob sob.

my elegance, everytime i try to feed it, my cleaner wrasse will come and steal food. Im tryign to solve this problem coz im afriad in the long run, it will damage the tissue of my elegance.

• Senior Reefer

just came home from GO with 2 small pieces of candycane and one more GSP. bad news, one of my candycane, when take put of plastic that time accidently rub too hard against the bag...coz they put inside a small bag very hard to take out. now the skeleton tore trough the meat T_T. im hoping it will recover. this happened to my bubble and fox coral before, and they all recovered very well. Hoping it will be same for my candy cane >.>

• Senior Reefer

hehe! bought 1 fish and 2 shrimps today! and the fish is....MOORISH IDOL! i cannot resist....this one was eating pellet, mysis, and now eating henry's food. and was only 1.5 red notes. so i thought i try bah. but its so big...swim inside my tank look very out of size haha

• SRC Member
hehe! bought 1 fish and 2 shrimps today! and the fish is....MOORISH IDOL! i cannot resist....this one was eating pellet, mysis, and now eating henry's food. and was only 1.5 red notes. so i thought i try bah. but its so big...swim inside my tank look very out of size haha

what else is there at ML?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

omg its not reef safe? T_T the lady boss at jr told me that the chances of them eating coral is quite slim. but not entirely impossible....SIAN LA!! my tank alot of LPS/softies leh!! now its just decimating all my sponges and algae haha. i fed it liao just now.

u can see marinelife's update on the sponsor forum.

• Senior Reefer

some pics of my MI. it is eating well, hopefully it can last for awhile. But $15 quite reasonable la. just hope it doesnt eat my coral! just now saw it nibbling on my bubble...dunno if its coz there got food or wat...bubble so not nice the taste. bleh. hope it immune system grows stronger, help fight off some ich. i saw ONE spot on its fin. T.T my sponge population has dropped to 60% within 2 hours! btw, because it swim so fast, i had to use flash. so the pic quality not so nice.

post-15755-1234432328.jpg

post-15755-1234432340.jpg

post-15755-1234432350.jpg

• SRC Member
some pics of my MI. it is eating well, hopefully it can last for awhile. But $15 quite reasonable la. just hope it doesnt eat my coral! just now saw it nibbling on my bubble...dunno if its coz there got food or wat...bubble so not nice the taste. bleh. hope it immune system grows stronger, help fight off some ich. i saw ONE spot on its fin. T.T my sponge population has dropped to 60% within 2 hours! btw, because it swim so fast, i had to use flash. so the pic quality not so nice.

nice and healthy looking! one of my favourite fishes!

• Senior Reefer

thanks :) will be pumping food into it the next few days to help immunity. my tank now EVERY FISH except this, has immunity to white spots. now i just saw one spot on its fin, but it went away. its very active and curious, chase bubbles, etc etc. love to graze and pick at the sponges on my liverock, so i can safely say it is healthy. now just waiting for the streamer on its dorsal fin to grow long and flowy :) elegant and pretty. i think mines a female.

• SRC Member
thanks :) will be pumping food into it the next few days to help immunity. my tank now EVERY FISH except this, has immunity to white spots. now i just saw one spot on its fin, but it went away. its very active and curious, chase bubbles, etc etc. love to graze and pick at the sponges on my liverock, so i can safely say it is healthy. now just waiting for the streamer on its dorsal fin to grow long and flowy :) elegant and pretty. i think mines a female.

ur candy cane shape also not bad wad... lol...

• Senior Reefer
bro lemon, wahh..harvested some gems so fast from ML har...

haha. din buy any corals from ML la. only one seahare and 2 clapping shrimps :) the MI was from jreh. thats all lor. corals too ex for me. have to give it a pass no choice =( anyway, most of the corals at ML i already have le. will get something exciting next time :)

• Senior Reefer

so happy! My MI feeding on mysis, henry's food and market prawn. it was eating pellet when i was at the LFS....but so far haven eaten any yet leh. at most will bite and spit out. have seen it pecking on my zoos and elegance....but when i take a closer look, no damage done? how is this so can only tell me? i really saw it nipping my zoos and elegance, but the corals look perfectly fine...hmm...should pay more attention T.T if really bite until jialat must give away.

• Senior Reefer
thts some really blue mushroomz... lolx..

can only see the blue like this blue if i take with flash, or if see from top down. when see tru glass, its purple....i dunno why haha. anyway, frag reserve for wilson. if i have some left, reserve for pauline also.