Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
:( WAH ï¼ã€‚。。never give chance for moi-moi to buy...Sigh ! -_-

bro haha! can frag for you lah np. but some of them i only have 1-2 polyps :( because not much in the first place. :eyebrow:

Jacky, thought u going to do rescaping tomorrow and you are going for more fish less corals??? Still want to get more huh??? :eyebrow:

i aiming for small small frags....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
nope. only the indo zoas come in big rocks. which is good since its easy to frag.

US zoas come in mats are are not attached to rocks. even easier to frag. however i did not get any as they were too ex for me. 6 red notes. and none of them were opening up just now, so no idea what colours they came in. didnt take risk.

Ohhh...so those zoas you got are Indo zoas and not US zoas... :eyebrow: U mean those are already fragged??? :upsidedown:

I think the US zoas are still pretty cheap compared to the GO zoas... :upsidedown:

How large are the mats for these US zoas? Ard 50-60 polyps???

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer
Ohhh...so those zoas you got are Indo zoas and not US zoas... :eyebrow: U mean those are already fragged??? :upsidedown:

I think the US zoas are still pretty cheap compared to the GO zoas... :upsidedown:

How large are the mats for these US zoas? Ard 50-60 polyps???

hmm... the mats are bigger than a clenched fists. some are bigger. not sure how many polyps. never count. maybe more than 60?

• SRC Member

WAH Lemon, you got yourself a Powder Blue!!!! :P And it's feeding! Well done! I hope it does well in your tank.... COngratz!!! Ketchup's dream fish.

We are still crossing fingers and toes for our powder brown. haiz.

Desi.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
hmm... the mats are bigger than a clenched fists. some are bigger. not sure how many polyps. never count. maybe more than 60?

If more than 60, then price quite reasonable if they are nice... :eyebrow: I prefer zoas that come on mats only without rocks. Easier for me to cut and glue them to smaller pieces of live rocks.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
WAH Lemon, you got yourself a Powder Blue!!!! :P And it's feeding! Well done! I hope it does well in your tank.... COngratz!!! Ketchup's dream fish.

We are still crossing fingers and toes for our powder brown. haiz.

Desi.

was told it was feeding and stable as it has been kept for over a week. looked very healthy and active with great finnage, although some blemishes on the dorsal fin. but its alright. introduced in my tank but didnt respond to food. guessed its still abit stressed out. will try tomorrow.

heard they are very fierce fishes once established.....

If more than 60, then price quite reasonable if they are nice... :eyebrow: I prefer zoas that come on mats only without rocks. Easier for me to cut and glue them to smaller pieces of live rocks.

mat zoas are VERY easy to get zoapox. have given up on them. if striken with pox, these fellas are always the first to get it, and always will have relapse. and they melt fairly easily too. but they grow fast, are extremely beautiful and are easier to manage. what a horrible trade off. i seldom buy these kind of zoas anymore because of my zoapox nightmare..

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
mat zoas are VERY easy to get zoapox. have given up on them. if striken with pox, these fellas are always the first to get it, and always will have relapse. and they melt fairly easily too. but they grow fast, are extremely beautiful and are easier to manage. what a horrible trade off. i seldom buy these kind of zoas anymore because of my zoapox nightmare..

Hmmmm...zoa pox is really a nightmare for zoa keepers. But I think there are still many people who will be prepared to take the risk and hope for the best... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
Hmmmm...zoa pox is really a nightmare for zoa keepers. But I think there are still many people who will be prepared to take the risk and hope for the best... :whistle

all started when i came back from overseas. has been an ongoing nightmare which i have given up. threw all my US zoas and those that grew on mats. once start very hard to remove. especially for the US ones. but take care and you will be rewarded well!! they are really beautiful.

all started when i came back from overseas. has been an ongoing nightmare which i have given up. threw all my US zoas and those that grew on mats. once start very hard to remove. especially for the US ones. but take care and you will be rewarded well!! they are really beautiful.

I realize that some of my zoas with pox, only a small portion (centre) has been affected and died. The other 2 end of the frags are ok and healthy.

will the ok ones be affected later? should I cut them up, throw away the centre portion and keep the 2 ends separately?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• Senior Reefer
I realize that some of my zoas with pox, only a small portion (centre) has been affected and died. The other 2 end of the frags are ok and healthy.

will the ok ones be affected later? should I cut them up, throw away the centre portion and keep the 2 ends separately?

never experienced this before. usually all will be infected. so i just furan2 them. always kena with US zoas. hate it. threw all away and the zoapox seem to have gone away...

• SRC Member
i seldom buy whole rocks of zoas for myself....ridiculous as its way too ex. what i do is split amongst other reefers there and bring home a small piece for myself, from each of the rock. so i get 5 types at small sizes, and price is shared.

this i find, is a great money saving method. you get to have the best of everything but yet, pay much much less. this is the "student" way of reefing for me.

was looking for people to share frags today..

but everyone had their own "groups",

further more US zoas all didnt open...

so i left empty handed :(

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member
never experienced this before. usually all will be infected. so i just furan2 them. always kena with US zoas. hate it. threw all away and the zoapox seem to have gone away...

I kenna like this once with a zoa from GO. Only the polyps at one of the sides kenna so I chopped it off and threw the infected one into my fowlr tank and left it there. The ok ones never got zoa pox. And in fact, recently when I checked on the frag in my fowlr tank, it seems the zoa pox have gone... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
was looking for people to share frags today..

but everyone had their own "groups",

further more US zoas all didnt open...

so i left empty handed :(

usually you have to take some calculated risk when you go there during shipment day itself for zoas...usually those laojiao reefers will know how to choose even though they have not open...but for the start just have to tee-kum.

l7304smr.jpg

I just discovered that Furan2 is a banned import in Singapore.

issit true?

usually you have to take some calculated risk when you go there during shipment day itself for zoas...usually those laojiao reefers will know how to choose even though they have not open...but for the start just have to tee-kum.

nvr open how to choose? X ray eyes?

• SRC Member
I just discovered that Furan2 is a banned import in Singapore.

issit true?

I think Furan is banned if it makes up 10% or more of any product.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

got 20 polyps of this paly from yesterdya's shipment. its actually extremely unique, never see before. but the photo quality distorts the image :(

colour wise not very special. but the pattern is not bad.

post-15755-1265770290_thumb.jpg

got 20 polyps of this paly from yesterdya's shipment. its actually extremely unique, never see before. but the photo quality distorts the image :(

ya unique. different tone from other zoas. nice.

• SRC Member

hi sis, nice palys! nv see before

• Senior Reefer

that paly is steel coloured with a white face and green mouth, with some weird skirt colour. reminds me alot of the US dollar. the colour is so similar. i shall call it the obama paly.

post-15755-1265771235_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265771246_thumb.jpg

• SRC Supporter
that paly is steel coloured with a white face and green mouth, with some weird skirt colour. reminds me alot of the US dollar. the colour is so similar. i shall call it the obama paly.

Nice name bro!!!! Very innovative...