white spot on my beloved zoos!

pauline

• SRC Member

Try fresh water dip it. And using a old tooth brush to brush off the pods. :)

I always recommend reefer to keep a hardworking wrasse like yellow, green or six line wrasse when keeping zoas. So they can help to keep clear of all this unwanted pest. :)

HTH,

Lorenzo.

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• Senior Reefer
bro lemon where u got ur zoas from?i mean the 1 that kenna pox

remember those blueish indo ones i got from sealife? for $30. after awhile started to stop opening. at first i tot nudi. i wash in RO water and found 1 nudi. but then slowly after few days develop white dots. and den all stop opening for good.

• SRC Member

zoapox... most jialat thing to happen...no one knows why or how...

so lets not be mistaken that zoas are easy to keep!

btw Pauline i have some furan 3 if u want to try u can have it foc. however my previous results were not encouraging... furan 2 is hard to get, if c328 has, then is good for you :)

alternatively i suggest to just throw it away? cos its too time consuming and u risk spreading the pox to other zoas without a quarantine tank...

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

btw Pauline i have some furan 3 if u want to try u can have it foc. however my previous results were not encouraging... furan 2 is hard to get, if c328 has, then is good for you :)

alternatively i suggest to just throw it away? cos its too time consuming and u risk spreading the pox to other zoas without a quarantine tank...

Agree with bro Creetin... one of my big green colony gana White spot and I guess I make a right decison to throw it away,,,, else nightmare...

Looking at bright side, try to salvage a few polyps at least it will turn into colony again in no time.... Cheers

hi, bro thank 4 your offer... anyway already bought the furan 2 at 328... will try it out n will update 4 the progress...

:thanks::thanks:

Agree with bro Creetin... one of my big green colony gana White spot and I guess I make a right decison to throw it away,,,, else nightmare...

Looking at bright side, try to salvage a few polyps at least it will turn into colony again in no time.... Cheers

thank bro lee, anyway my other zoo also kana the zoopox liao... haiz, so sad <_< ....some of them r my fav!! will take out all the zoo n try with the furan 2...hopefully it will fully recover.... but anyway thank with all the advice... sad day <_<

• SRC Member
thank bro lee, anyway my other zoo also kana the zoopox liao... haiz, so sad <_< ....some of them r my fav!! will take out all the zoo n try with the furan 2...hopefully it will fully recover.... but anyway thank with all the advice... sad day <_<

Seem like you have a serious problem here....If I were you,, I will do this way.

1. Take out all affected zoas, left those not affected one in your main tank

2. Change 20 to 30% of water

3. Hard work : Frag those not affected zoas and put back to main tank

4. try out the Furan2 and best is not return straight away after treatment...

5. Your spare tank will be usefull to quarantine.. if you need tank, PM me.

Thats all I can advice and good luck... :rolleyes:

• SRC Supporter

oh sis,btw after u soak them in furan 2.. rem to wash them with ur tank water first! b4 putting back in the tank if u wan to.

and also, dosing vitamin C will help.

however, be prepared to battle with algaes!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Sorry to disturb. I just check with terry this morning about furan2. And he mention that if your fishes got white spot, it help too. And so it's ok to add in to your main tank. Since it's going to kill all the good and bad bacteria in your tank. But u got to prepare to change your water every two to three days.

Anw, do share with us the result pauline. :) cheers and good luck to your zoas.

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• Senior Reefer

did my red eagle eye zoos also kena the zoa pox? If so, i can spare u another frag :) also can give u a green eagle eye frag too. juts want to help u battle this trying period (: but make sure all zoa pox dissapear first then i giv u some zoa frags. wait no point, giv liao then infected again (: my red and green eagle eye zoas are growing quite well, so can spare u some frags