Pico tank

crash

• SRC Member

hi all,

i have set up a real small pico tank...

dimensions is 15cmX15cmX20cm... works on a simple hang-on filter and a 5W PL light... fan is used to cool the water...

currently i have only put in a yellow clown goby... i was wondering if its safe to put in a small boxing shrimp?? Any advice on this?

any other suggestions is greatly appreciated... thks...

post-14404-1235392329.jpg

post-14404-1235392334.jpg

post-14404-1235392340.jpg

• SRC Member

Cleaner shrimp or blood shrimp will look great in your system.

Do take note of your water evaporation.

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

hi all... thks for the input...

oh... its a shame if i cant put in a boxing shrimp... i have always wanted to keep tt...

erm... i'll only start adding mushrooms when the tank is more stable... currently i just wan to keep the bio load real low... changing of water can be quite tedious because of the small space available... the water is near overflowing when i put my entire hand inside... LOL...

ya... evaporation is really a huge problem... especially in this small tank... thus, i haven on the fan and lights yet until i got home at abt 6 plus... they r only on till latest 11 plus... i'm currently working on a diy auto top up... will reschedule my lighting and fanning hrs when its completed...

oh... for the fish... i tink its a yellow clown goby... isnt it? that's wat the shop told me too when i buy it...

any recommendations for a small, efficient cleaning crew? any other advices is much appreciated too...

hi all... thks for the input...

oh... its a shame if i cant put in a boxing shrimp... i have always wanted to keep tt...

erm... i'll only start adding mushrooms when the tank is more stable... currently i just wan to keep the bio load real low... changing of water can be quite tedious because of the small space available... the water is near overflowing when i put my entire hand inside... LOL...

ya... evaporation is really a huge problem... especially in this small tank... thus, i haven on the fan and lights yet until i got home at abt 6 plus... they r only on till latest 11 plus... i'm currently working on a diy auto top up... will reschedule my lighting and fanning hrs when its completed...

oh... for the fish... i tink its a yellow clown goby... isnt it? that's wat the shop told me too when i buy it...

any recommendations for a small, efficient cleaning crew? any other advices is much appreciated too...

most small fishes to LFS r call gobies

they dun differentiate blennies n gobies...

i cfm its a yellow blenny....

if its yellow citron goby then wun so long liaoz..

... changing of water can be quite tedious because of the small space available... the water is near overflowing when i put my entire hand inside... LOL...

For changing water, can use a small tube (air tube) to siphon the water out rather than put whole hand in. Can get the magnetic scrub to clean the interior glass.

• SRC Member

Yellow Clown Goby

th-90164-clown-yellow-goby.jpg

Canary Blenny

th-71718-canary-blenny.jpg

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Use an air tube? any idea how to go abt doing it? i would love to do that...

oh... the pics really confirm that mine's a blenny instead of a goby... sad... where can i get a goby??

anyway i got a black clownfish now ( i have no idea wat's it called actually)... tgt with a sexy shrimp..

i'll upload pics again when im free...

thks