LFS Update and Shipments - 2nd MAR to 8th MAR 09

• SRC Member
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter

if times r bad, price go up, then the more reefers wun spend right?

they shld remain and bring down lesser so we can spend more!

its a hobby, if too much to handle 1 just have to give up. unlike other daily essential stuffs is a must to spend.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

LFS shd not increase their prices in the mist of recession....only motivated us to discontinue this hobby or to visit them less frequently or to purchase frags from other reefers. What they should do is to source for more suppliers elsewhere and to bring in fishes and corals that are not too exhobitant or low in demand. I saw this LFS, he has a puffer fish and a few trigger fishes for 2 months and they are still in those small little tanks....damn poor thing. :(

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

yea. they should see which are the more commonly bought fish, and import those. those that no one buy, dun import lor. less cost for them and no need to make the poor fish wait for a potential buyer. then if someone wants to buy that fish, make special order lor. even though they must wait till next shipment, at least no need to kill so many fish. i see nowadays alot of tasseled file fish? but no one buys them..too ugly i think :lol:

yea. they should see which are the more commonly bought fish, and import those. those that no one buy, dun import lor. less cost for them and no need to make the poor fish wait for a potential buyer. then if someone wants to buy that fish, make special order lor. even though they must wait till next shipment, at least no need to kill so many fish. i see nowadays alot of tasseled file fish? but no one buys them..too ugly i think :lol:

Bro lemon, i understand you are very new in this hobby, it is not the case you mention. When a fish shop place order of maybe 20, emperor angel, 10 blue face, if the exporter have only 6 blue face, they will replace 2 six barred angel and 2 majestic angel to meet the reqirement. Do you know why every hawaii shipment, you will see 60-70% of yellow tang? This is because it need certain weight to export. Not that they order and willing to lose cost.

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

oh...i din know that!! so interesting!!!! thanks alot haha (:! i oways tot the LFS can choose how many fish to import.

anyway, reborn today alot of sixline wrasse. i remember someone here looking for one?

yap, angeluv is right.

and also. u need to hit a quota.. like 50Yellow tang then they supply u 1 AT.

thats an example :P

Bro, i am angellove leh, angeluv is the other guy selling sump tank. Haha, I heard Bro lemonlemon is a very kind man,with a lot of passion in marine. But to my understanding, no angel fish can be trusted. They love elegant coral and juicy brain.

Went to reborn yesterday

estimated 10 -15 pcs of Blochi(cant remember how to spell) anthias, yes lot of six lines wrasses, asst anthias, regal 5 inches, emperor 5 inches, blue lip small to large size, asst butterfly fish.

Beautiful black cap and gramma loreto, argi angel, swiss guard basslet, still some mystery wrasses at RD.

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

oh...i din know that!! so interesting!!!! thanks alot haha (:! i oways tot the LFS can choose how many fish to import.

anyway, reborn today alot of sixline wrasse. i remember someone here looking for one?

Me! Haha. Thanks bro! I haven't get one for my tank yet, will go down one of these day to get one

• Senior Reefer
Bro, i am angellove leh, angeluv is the other guy selling sump tank. Haha, I heard Bro lemonlemon is a very kind man,with a lot of passion in marine. But to my understanding, no angel fish can be trusted. They love elegant coral and juicy brain.

Went to reborn yesterday

estimated 10 -15 pcs of Blochi(cant remember how to spell) anthias, yes lot of six lines wrasses, asst anthias, regal 5 inches, emperor 5 inches, blue lip small to large size, asst butterfly fish.

Beautiful black cap and gramma loreto, argi angel, swiss guard basslet, still some mystery wrasses at RD.

>.> not kind la...haha. i try to help whenever i can. ya! no angelfish can be trusted.. but so far my coral beauty leaving all my coral alone -whew-. its my MI that is giving me problem..lolz. sample sample like buffet!

curahee, take ur time. those six lines arent goign anywhere lol. there are so many! especially at reborn. pacific marine also hav.

• SRC Member
clam can keep in T5 or not XD if i put it right at the top. btw, saw any linkia or chocolate chip stars there?

I saw their clams under T5...but there's also MH behind...can try one n c how...got a few small ophans...no choc chip stars...last friday have...think overweekend suk ka liao.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
I saw their clams under T5...but there's also MH behind...can try one n c how...got a few small ophans...no choc chip stars...last friday have...think overweekend suk ka liao.

opans? wat is that..