Split Anemone

leonard2k

hi there i had a rose erd tip anemone.

when i just buy it, it spilt be come 2 then one stationary and one any how run till it found its desire location.

then last week i saw that it start moving again. . . . .

untill 2 days later i cannot find it ready but found that my initial anemone got much bigger.

i wonder will anemone combine back??

i was about to sell one of them. then when i have the idea of selling the piece start run about and now i think it join back to the original one . . .

i wonder if anemone will join back or is there a method to split them.

o that bad if my case was not join back and now i cannot find . . . normally anemone love light . . . . . if it did reach for light then will die liao . . .

when it die the poison kill my fish too right . . . . shit shit tonight must find find liao

• SRC Member
o that bad if my case was not join back and now i cannot find . . . normally anemone love light . . . . . if it did reach for light then will die liao . . .

when it die the poison kill my fish too right . . . . shit shit tonight must find find liao

If it is really dead your whole tank will be gone by now :P

Check inside the rocks near to where your return pipe or wavemaker is directed at. Sometimes they will relak one dark corner and enjoy the jacuzzi. :rolleyes:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

its not the poison that will kill them...dying anemones produce alot alot of ammonia nitrite and all the other smelly rotting stuff. also may release alot of nematocysts to "sting" other corals and wage warfare. i am quite sure..

hai . . . . i have move a few rock . . . . but still cannot find . .. .

i really suspect that it join back . . . . .

dark corner ar . . . . did not dig till the deep. but as i view all around still cannot find hahaa

anyway my tank is 3X1.5X1.5 really dont think is so hard to find that 75% of plam size anemone . . . .

i got one ammonia chart in my tank ammonia. it is in safe level.

dont worry man, it will tour ur plc until it shiok liao then come out, my last split wonder for 3days.. lol

haizz sian week plus 2 liao i still cannot find. as i see from the main anemone, it become really bigger. or i assume it combine back ba hahaha

• SRC Member
haizz sian week plus 2 liao i still cannot find. as i see from the main anemone, it become really bigger. or i assume it combine back ba hahaha

hi guys, tagging along in this thread. i have always loved the rBTa but never gotten it for fear that it will split too many times and overrun the tank. How come u all don seem to have my same worries? Mayb can share ur experience with me so i can start owning one RBTA. Thank you thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys, tagging along in this thread. i have always loved the rBTa but never gotten it for fear that it will split too many times and overrun the tank. How come u all don seem to have my same worries? Mayb can share ur experience with me so i can start owning one RBTA. Thank you thank you.

Anemones will only split under two conditions, severe stress or extreme good condition. If it splits when you just put it into your tank, it is most likely the former case. Most anemones stay in their tanks without splitting but those that split after sometime in your tank (provided you tank has been stable throughout) will split continously but not at an exaggerating rate depending on your tank conditions. If your anemone does well and split you can sell or give away the daughter anemone. That will be a good thing.

Taking away the daughther anemone instead of the mother one is better because the daughter colonies are those that will usually start moving around the tank in search of new locations.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

If your tank is 4ft and above and matured tank, a dead anemone will not kill your corals. It happened to me once when I ignored my anemone. It went to the corner where the pump is. Then one day I have finally noticed, it had dissappeared forever while all the other corals are still growing.

A split anemone will not join back as this the way they grow too. It will find another location far from its current twin to dominate its own territory.

Just sell it away if you worry. Else always pay attention to it and shift it as you please.

• SRC Supporter

bro if ur anemone is healthy,as in sticky.. and ur powerhead not hiding in rocks or so. anemone kinda difficult to wonder there,unless they float away due to unhealthyness.

also, when they start to attach to ur glass where ur powerhead is and start to move over,it wun be very fast. shld take hrs or so.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...