1 X 150w MH

Go for MH. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Then go for MH. Cheaper in the long run. for your tank one is ok. but the edge will be slightly dimmer then the centre. Jus dont put demanding corals at the edge lor.

As for T5. 2 x 24w is no way near enough. and definitely not even close to 150W MH. if you wanna use T5, you need more.

i have a fren using 3 x 54 watts(aqueblue )for this 4 footer and he is doing fine and he is now on SPS ....t5 are also not bad and they are not as hot as MH .....but MH are the best lighting.......

Then i thing he will aminly end up with green or brown sps

this tank is only 18inches deep and he place the SPS near the surface of the water ....where it can get more lighting .. this SPS is not brown or green it has purple tip and lot more ......

YUp but with 150watt the retaining of colouration and growth are alot slower compared to 250watt and 400watt thatss why to keep sps >250watt is recommended, anyway i have been through the phrase of using 2X150watt to keep sps and now currently using 400watt which I think my acros are doing so much better. But Oh yah lighting only play a small role in sps keeping